LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

8 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

Everyone soo busy watching there computers fold they gone all quiet lol

Well when your chart looks like this, you cant help but stare

image.thumb.png.990dfa00214d8e6a8dbbf7d4730701c3.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

42 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Nope it works in windows.

Go to C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI hold shift right click and open on PowerShell (tho I'm sure using cmd as admin would work too maybe even w/o admin)

and input this line for multi gpu and more info (found it on a youtube video yesterday, my 640 give not supported for everything)

.\nvidia-smi --query-gpu=index,timestamp,power.draw,clocks.sm,clocks.mem,clocks.gr --format=csv -l 1

or use the line in the topic quoted like so:

.\nvidia-smi -i 0 -l 1 --format=csv,noheader --query-gpu=temperature.gpu,power.draw,clocks.current.sm,fan.speed

And now I noticed it is mentioned in the topic too ?

I’ll have a look when I’m home. Thanks mate!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Well when your chart looks like this, you cant help but stare

image.thumb.png.990dfa00214d8e6a8dbbf7d4730701c3.png

I have only 1 threat ??

00B9618F-D3E5-414E-8E73-9222934C69DD.png

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

tfw I can't use my vertical surface mount because it does not supply enough power to run my 1060 at full tilt, so I'm forced to using it on the desk with the regular cable like a pleb.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

6 hours ago, Gorgon said:

nvidia-smi -i <gpu_id>

I'm surprised nobody else knew about it

3 hours ago, Pepe Le Spooder said:

Im getting an estimated 900k+ Lets get those points rollin in

image.png.182da72eb8031bb9a45ce77eb882e464.png

Why do you have three jobs in your work queue?, when only using two folding slots. Do you have two jobs for your graphics card?. Notmal you wouild only want one in the queue for each slot, else you would loose bonus quickly.

4 hours ago, Struck said:

Fans are auto on the graphics cards (1080 at 68% on 77"C now, 2060 at 52% at 70"C now), The chassis fans are about 60%

do you mind setting the fans on gpu to 100% and leaving it for 15 minutes? I'd just like to see the temps.

1 minute ago, Struck said:

Why do you have three jobs in your work queue?, when only using two folding slots. Do you have two jobs for your graphics card?. Notmal you wouild only want one in the queue for each slot, else you would loose bonus quickly.

It's possible to have downloaded more than one WU, sometimes because of a paused WU, sometimes because you were adding and removing Folding slots.... It will be used up once one of the other projects are finished, after which he will be down to 2 WU's

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

do you mind setting the fans on gpu to 100% and leaving it for 15 minutes? I'd just like to see the temps.

Will do. it been running all fans 100% for past 10  minutes, so an update will come in a few.

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It's possible to have downloaded more than one WU, sometimes because of a paused WU, sometimes because you were adding and removing Folding slots.... It will be used up once one of the other projects are finished, after which he will be down to 2 WU's

But it seems that he has one extra multiple times when he showed the screen shot earlier too. so i think it is peraistant.

2 minutes ago, foldinghomealone said:

Congrats from my side for overall rank 9

Thank you... hopefully we can have a mini competition between us in the new year :)

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

18 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

image.png.cfb98be3a5101fb720b44cc2e5360fe6.png

Results of all fans 100% in about 15 minutes.

1080 at 60C and 2060 at 58C.

58 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

chart looks like this

*trying to figure out if I'll be able to overtake you if I leave the production on the level I have atm for a couple months*

that'd basically depend on whether you continue folding with that speed or will drop some hw after folding month..

Just now, Struck said:

image.png.cfb98be3a5101fb720b44cc2e5360fe6.png

Results of all fans 100% in about 15 minutes.

1080 at 60C and 2060 at 58C.

afaik turbo freqs should be higher then, are they?

Just now, sanya567xxx said:

afaik turbo freqs should be higher then, are they?

The boost frequency indeed got higher, but i turned the OC down, so the frequency for this was the same as before.

I am not sure if the cards are stable at 50MHz higher than previous. 

1 minute ago, Struck said:

The boost frequency indeed got higher, but i turned the OC down, so the frequency for this was the same as before.

I am not sure if the cards are stable at 50MHz higher than previous. 

I see then, thank you.

But the noise difference isn't worth it for you, is it?

*btw expecting to double my total points by the end of the year, previously spent quite a number of months folding, feelsgoodman*

Looks like my PC is not exactly stable to be folding at the high power setting (not sure what is the cause exactly, no overclock and mild settings on my RAM), but looks like running F@H on Medium does work alright..

Since this is my normal PC, it won't be able to fold 24/7, but hope my contribution this year helps the team and more importantly - help the science involved!!

(Gonna keep an eye on my CPU temps here though, used some 'meh' paste the last time I cleaned out my PC, so maybe that is contributing to higher temps).

Question: anyone know how I could calculate power usage (specifically price)?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

I see then, thank you.

But the noise difference isn't worth it for you, is it?

*btw expecting to double my total points by the end of the year, previously spent quite a number of months folding, feelsgoodman*

The cards are quite noisy, and together with the five Noctua A14 at full tult, it is it too noisy for me. 

The cards should not get above 75% before they are too loud for me, when i am home.

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Some motherboards will allow you to see the power ussage of the cpu in HWMonitor. Or even better, if you have a power-meter you can plug into the wall.

Else just list your specs, and settings.

Are you folding on CPU only, or is there also a GFX ?

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Looks like my PC is not exactly stable to be folding at the high power setting (not sure what is the cause exactly, no overclock and mild settings on my RAM), but looks like running F@H on Medium does work alright..

Since this is my normal PC, it won't be able to fold 24/7, but hope my contribution this year helps the team and more importantly - help the science involved!!

(Gonna keep an eye on my CPU temps here though, used some 'meh' paste the last time I cleaned out my PC, so maybe that is contributing to higher temps).

try not folding with cpu then. GPU is much better for folding anyway, so if you worry about power consumption, running cpu folding isn't usually worth it.

https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/electricity-calculator.html (get watts in device info in something like hwinfo64), or just take values off nvidia device specifications page.

Just now, Struck said:

Some motherboards will allow you to see the power ussage of the cpu in HWMonitor.

intel extreme tuning utility allows monitoring that too.

basically amps*volts y'know

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

Every little helps.. so don't worry.

have you thought of just using your GPU to fold and leave the CPU off?

CPU folding doesn't get as much PPD as GPU

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, sanya567xxx said:

intel extreme tuning utility allows monitoring that too.

basically amps*volts y'know

Correct. My cpu does not shown power ussage though. neither in HWmonitor or XTU. But the asus software seems to get it.

I had this problem with multiple motherboards.

Asus X99M-WS

Asus X99 Strix gaming (current)

Just now, Struck said:

Some motherboards will allow you to see the power ussage of the cpu in HWMonitor. Or even better, if you have a power-meter you can plug into the wall.

Else just list your specs, and settings.

Are you folding on CPU only, or is there also a GFX ?

Ah, yea I can see the power usage of my CPU and GPU in HWMonitor (had that running for temp checking). Thanks for that tip!

I'm folding on CPU (R7 1700 stock) and my GPU (RX 580 4GB stock).

Does this look kind of accurate?

image.png.1c5cbc9982073ed41706636469cfa4e7.png

(I just put in the power usage of my GPU+CPU, 110 and 70 watts respectively) plus some for the rest of the system/inefficiency, the average price of power here in second half of 2018 and just an imaginary amount of hours (18 in this case))

6 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

CPU folding doesn't get as much PPD as GPU

7 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

try not folding with cpu then. GPU is much better for folding anyway

image.png.820b5c2f3318eba2ded4d94c71704cad.png

Is credit like the point I get? Because in that case, CPU folding doesn't quite seem worth it..

I don't fold fulltime, only did last years folding month and now this years, so I'm not that adapt at this sort of stuff :P 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/