Whats best EQ setting for my razer TE headset? Edit:BTW i still need help.

LordOfWinterfell

Quite often it is personal preference. 

So basically, go test it.

I would suggest wanting slightly higher mids, and slightly higher low mids - but then this is my personal preference...

As I say this, dont sleep on touching the highs like you already have, if this sounds good to you, you cant really go wrong.

5 minutes ago, slippers_ said:

Quite often it is personal preference. 

So basically, go test it.

I would suggest wanting slightly higher mids, and slightly higher low mids - but then this is my personal preference...

As I say this, dont sleep on touching the highs like you already have, if this sounds good to you, you cant really go wrong.

is it bad to icrease the highs

Better is to decrease bass and middle if you want to boost high range. Otherwise it can produce distortions or clipping. All depends how eq is made - sometimes equalizers adjust volume automatically, but if not - avoid raise sliders over zero.

Smooth and deep bass -> Keep 31Hz slider lower than 63Hz (distance depends on soundcard and speakers/headphones) and then just move both with same distance between each other up and down to adjust bass intensity. Keeping 31Hz slider higher creates tight "harsh" bass that usually tortures subwoofers.

Enhanced vocals -> Increase both 500Hz and 1kHz to same level. Adjust to your liking.

Rich details without being harsh -> Keep 16kHz lower than 8kHz slider. Similar as with bass, just from other end.

Leave all other sliders alone. I've noticed adjusting anything else creates annoying artefacts (usually like wah effect) or harsh highs, especially with the 16kHz slider.

20 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Smooth and deep bass -> Keep 31Hz slider lower than 63Hz (distance depends on soundcard and speakers/headphones) and then just move both with same distance between each other up and down to adjust bass intensity. Keeping 31Hz slider higher creates tight "harsh" bass that usually tortures subwoofers.

Enhanced vocals -> Increase both 500Hz and 1kHz to same level. Adjust to your liking.

Rich details without being harsh -> Keep 16kHz lower than 8kHz slider. Similar as with bass, just from other end.

Leave all other sliders alone. I've noticed adjusting anything else creates annoying artefacts (usually like wah effect) or harsh highs, especially with the 16kHz slider.

Can u please give me an explanation like this 

125Hz: -3 250Hz: -2 500Hz: -2 1kHz: 2 2kHz: 2 4kHz: 3 8kHz: 3 16kHz: 12

I generally see no reason to go negative with any setting.

Personally I use:

31 Hz = +4

63 Hz = +6

500 Hz = +4

1 kHz = +4

8 kHz = +6

16 kHz = +4

Everything else at 0 (zero). For me this gives such a nice detailed and rich sound, listening to anything without it makes it sound so flat, dull and boring.

5 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Personally I use:

31 Hz = +4

63 Hz = +6

500 Hz = +4

1 kHz = +4

8 kHz = +6

16 kHz = +4

Everything else at 0 (zero). For me this gives such a nice detailed and rich sound, listening to anything without it makes it sound so flat, dull and boring.

I'll test it and tell you!

23 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Personally I use:

31 Hz = +4

63 Hz = +6

500 Hz = +4

1 kHz = +4

8 kHz = +6

16 kHz = +4

what about the 125hz, 250hz,2k,4k,?

You like it? I was fiddling with EQ for months until I settled to variation of this. And this seems to work across many types of speakers, laptops, earbuds, headphones, 2.1 speakers, it just works really well on everything.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

You like it? I was fiddling with EQ for months until I settled to variation of this. And this seems to work across many types of speakers, laptops, earbuds, headphones, 2.1 speakers, it just works really well on everything.

While I don't eq much I find myself fiddling with it sometimes aiming for the Harman curve usually but no eq is the same for me acremoss any device. Seems like you just like. A nice bump on certain frequencies especially bass. I would personally not reccomend this eq . I would personally lower the mids and make the mids to low trble a few db higher just to make those frequencies flat then keep the highs high to not distract you from footsteps honestly the stock tuning on this "gaming headset" is a mess for gaming might be alright for music if you want something fun but those highs are a mess and look sharp

kraken-tournament-edition-frequency-response-graph-medium.jpg

15 hours ago, RejZoR said:

There is one issue left, for example in battlefield 5 enemies that are far from me I barley hear their weapons shooting before I could with my cheap headset. Bombing from planes also, when the bomb hit the ground the sound of the explosion is low. What should I do?

14 hours ago, rice guru said:

While I don't eq much I find myself fiddling with it sometimes aiming for the Harman curve usually but no eq is the same for me acremoss any device. Seems like you just like. A nice bump on certain frequencies especially bass. I would personally not reccomend this eq . I would personally lower the mids and make the mids to low trble a few db higher just to make those frequencies flat then keep the highs high to not distract you from footsteps honestly the stock tuning on this "gaming headset" is a mess for gaming might be alright for music if you want something fun but those highs are a mess and look sharp

kraken-tournament-edition-frequency-response-graph-medium.jpg

I don't understand the graph ??

2 hours ago, LordOfWinterfell said:

I don't understand the graph ??

So the  bumpy line tells you what the  frequency respond is for the headphone. The middle line is like the neutral pont any thing above is is bumped up anything below it is recessed. Generally for a gaming headphone you would want the kids and bass generally closer to that middle line and the highs above that a few db

• 9 months later...

Little late to the game, but those settings do sound great in Warzone. I thought I was going to have to send this set back, but now they're a keeper.

SEARCH: Kraken Tournament Edition settings synapse

• 5 months later...
On 8/5/2019 at 4:41 PM, RejZoR said:

Personally I use:

31 Hz = +4

63 Hz = +6

500 Hz = +4

1 kHz = +4

8 kHz = +6

16 kHz = +4

These settings are really good for anything, is it gaming or music! Same as you said, detailed and rich sound.

Tysm!

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2019 at 11:42 AM, RejZoR said:

Yeah, it sounds really nice and crisp, right amount of bass, for almost everything. However, try a song like "Leaked" by Lil Tjay, and for some reason it just sounds rly off. 

3 minutes ago, SmoothFN said:

Yeah, it sounds really nice and crisp, right amount of bass, for almost everything. However, try a song like "Leaked" by Lil Tjay, and for some reason it just sounds rly off. 

Like, the beginning 15 secs, and some of the bass 45 secs in

It depends on content. I've tuned it across various games, movies and music that I consume and that was the outcome. Realistically it's more or less specifically tuned for Altec Lansing MX5021 speakers with Sound Blaster Z or AE soundcards than anything else as different speakers or different soundcard can already change the way things sound. You can adjust it further to your liking so it might also fit in this song.

On 11/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, RejZoR said:

It depends on content. I've tuned it across various games, movies and music that I consume and that was the outcome. Realistically it's more or less specifically tuned for Altec Lansing MX5021 speakers with Sound Blaster Z or AE soundcards than anything else as different speakers or different soundcard can already change the way things sound. You can adjust it further to your liking so it might also fit in this song.

Thx 

• 1 month later...

This is pretty old, but for music I use different settings. They seem really tuned and just please my ears.

31hz - +2

63hz- -2

125hz- +3 

250hz-  +4

500hz- -1

1kHz- -3

2kHz- +6

4kHz- -2

8kHz- +3

16kHz- +8

The placement seems odd but it has sounded the best for me overall, and the other settings I find online just don't match it for me. I use others for bass heavy music

• 2 years later...
On 1/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, SamyWaamy said:

This is pretty old, but for music I use different settings. They seem really tuned and just please my ears.

31hz - +2

63hz- -2

125hz- +3 

250hz-  +4

500hz- -1

1kHz- -3

2kHz- +6

4kHz- -2

8kHz- +3

16kHz- +8

The placement seems odd but it has sounded the best for me overall, and the other settings I find online just don't match it for me. I use others for bass heavy music

This is, by far, the best configuration that I've found. I've been searching the internet for the past 2 hours for the best EQ settings for music and games and this works beyond well!!! I was comparing between configurations, going back and forth, and when I would swap away from yours I realized how much worse it sounded! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

On 8/5/2019 at 9:37 AM, LordOfWinterfell said:

For Batllefield and fortnite.

Screenshot (329).png

That is a completely twacked EQ curve you have there. At the end of the day EQ settings come down to personal preference but you also have to know what you're doing. The easiest curves to recreate are V shape and harman. Google image search for those. You should also know your starting point as no headphone is just flat and they will already have a curve of some sort applied to them.