Wired speeds capped at 100Mbps

Sgt.Mak
Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,
19 minutes ago, Sgt.Mak said:

The 100Mbps connection is either a faulty cable or a negotiation problem in the switch on your router. Can you plug your PC straight into your modem? Do you get full gigabit speeds then? If so, your router is the problem. If not, the cable or network card is.

So I have a CAT 5e cable running from my router to my PC.

I get a max of 100Mbps Download and 50Mbps upload.

But my connection is 250Mbps Down. Which I get on my phone via 5Ghz wifi.

Another desktop with Cat 6 has the same 100Mbps cap.

Router is DIR-853 D-Link.

I thought about getting a new wire.. but if all 4 wired connections are at 100Mbps something else must be causing this?

What's the reported link speed on your wired devices? If the connection across the cable is negotiated at 10/100 speeds, it won't magically become gigabit. 

Are you 100% sure it's Cat5e and not regular Cat5? Is the cable less than 25m/80ft long?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

9 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

What's the reported link speed on your wired devices? If the connection across the cable is negotiated at 10/100 speeds, it won't magically become gigabit.  

Are you 100% sure it's Cat5e and not regular Cat5? Is the cable less than 25m/80ft long?

Here are the pictures for my adapter settings, speed test and cable markings!

3 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

what is your network card?

Here are the specs to my motherboard.

Realtek® RTL8111H, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
ASUS LAN Guard

I don't have a 3rd party network card installed.

Its just plug and use thru the board.

19 minutes ago, Sgt.Mak said:

The 100Mbps connection is either a faulty cable or a negotiation problem in the switch on your router. Can you plug your PC straight into your modem? Do you get full gigabit speeds then? If so, your router is the problem. If not, the cable or network card is.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

26 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Couldn't do directly pc to modem.. so I tried a wire from another system.. found out that the ps4 wire Cat 6 could get max speeds but the ps4 hardware is bad... so I switched cables and I get 240Mbps now.

Ty for the help.