Is a 2700u still worth it?

Hi everyone

I have found a laptop which uses a ryzen 2700u for a great deal and was wondering if it was still worth it with the 3700u being out now?

Many thanks

Pro

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

The 3700Ubis Zen+, so yea, the 2700U is still good.

Just now, 5x5 said:

The 3700Ubis Zen+, so yea, the 2700U is still good.

Was just wondering as I dont really do laptops, our family laptop is ryzen 3, is it a noticeable difference to that?

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Just now, Prokart2000 said:

Was just wondering as I dont really do laptops, our family laptop is ryzen 3, is it a noticeable difference to that?

If you mean a Ryzen 3 2200U then yes as the 2700U has double the cores and higher clocks along with Vega 10 va Vega 3

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

If you mean a Ryzen 3 2200U then yes as the 2700U has double the cores and higher clocks along with Vega 10 va Vega 3

I believe that is the correct comparison. That felt pretty nippy already so I should be fine. Im looking at laptops for uni lectures and it doesnt need to be super fast as I have my pc too but id like it to be decent. Thanks

Spoiler

I got a laptop with a 3700U recently, but I wouldn't have minded much if it had been a 2700U. It's a pretty subtle difference.

For uni lectures it's way more than enough. Having an SSD is more important.

6 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

I believe that is the correct comparison. That felt pretty nippy already so I should be fine. Im looking at laptops for uni lectures and it doesnt need to be super fast as I have my pc too but id like it to be decent. Thanks

@Sakkura is absolutely correct - an SSD and decent sized battery is by far more important than a 3700U over a 2700U. Hell, even the R5 2500U is more than capable.

6 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

I got a laptop with a 3700U recently, but I wouldn't have minded much if it had been a 2700U. It's a pretty subtle difference.

6 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Thanks guys, it does have an SSD too which is good.

I'm trying to decide between one with an i5-8250u in silver and a fingerprint reader or one in black and the 2700u without it. The black looks so good lol.

Spoiler

Dunno how much a fingerprint reader matters to you, but the 2700U is a slightly faster CPU and much faster GPU. If you'd like to be able to do a bit of casual gaming on it, the 2700U will come in handy.

Just now, Sakkura said:

Dunno how much a fingerprint reader matters to you, but the 2700U is a slightly faster CPU and much faster GPU. If you'd like to be able to do a bit of casual gaming on it, the 2700U will come in handy.

Oh 2700u it is then!, what sort of games would it be able to run?

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

Oh 2700u it is then!, what sort of games would it be able to run?

Dota 2, Overwatch, CSGO, FIFA 19, Fortnite, that sort of thing. Not most new AAA games, but some old ones would be doable.

3 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Dota 2, Overwatch, CSGO, FIFA 19, Fortnite, that sort of thing. Not most new AAA games, but some old ones would be doable.

Thats excellent, thanks for the help. 

Spoiler