Xbox one x or PS4 Pro

jafi0101

Hi, 

I'm old pc-gamer, but I sold my PC about year a go. No time to play and no space for it. It was i5 and gtx 1060.

I still have no space for monitor and PC, but maybe it's time to upgrade my PS3. Only used it for DVD. Too slow for gaming. 

My question, Xbox One X or PS4 Pro? I have no monitor or TV, just fullhd projector. I play everything, except sport games. Not often, very little time. Witcher 3 was the last game that I really liked. Waiting Cyberpunk 2077. 

Regular HDD on xbox is too slow for my taste. Can every game be played on external SSD or is PS4 Pro only choice for me? 

Thanks for the replies.

I would buy the Xbox, because its cheaper and doing his job very well

In general IMO, the PS4 has the better exclusives. I would get a PS4 over Xbox if I had to chose. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

You can build a Mini-ITX PC with a case such as the Node 202 or ML08B and get a PC that's smaller or the same size as a console.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

31 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

You can build a Mini-ITX PC with a case such as the Node 202 or ML08B and get a PC that's smaller or the same size as a console.

That is true, but the price is different and easy of use. I hate Windows, use Arch on my laptop. 

2 minutes ago, jafi0101 said:

That is true, but the price is different and easy of use. I hate Windows, use Arch on my laptop. 

Wine and Proton exist. 75% of my Steam library is already ported to Linux because of Proton.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

34 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It's not about size, it's about price. 

PS4, imo. Better exclusives, the same controller you're used to, the option for psvr. 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

I guess it comes down to what you want to play. 

Xbox has the typical Microsoft exclusives, Halo, Gears, Forza etc.. plus has a selection of some classic Xbox and Xbox 360 games you can play as well.

PS4 has Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider Man, God of War etc..

If exclusives don't matter to you the Xbox One X has a bit more power to it.

Another benefit of having Xbox is that if you do not have its subscription then you can simply go for the free games which are easily available on the Microsoft Store.

This can also be true for the PlayStation.

Wouldn't waste money on PS4 pro. If you want a ps4 get a regular one for cheaper.

It claims to be a 4k console but it can't do native 4k and it doesn't come with a 4k blu-ray player so you're paying $200 bucks for absolutely no reason.

If you get the xbox one x that does do native 4k and also comes with a 4k bluray player though.

But it mostly comes down to what exclusives you want to play.

1 hour ago, celerystruct said:

It claims to be a 4k console but it can't do native 4k and it doesn't come with a 4k blu-ray player so you're paying $200 bucks for absolutely no reason.

Some games do run at native 4K, though those tend to be remasters or simpler games. And you can use the boost mode to improve the performance of earlier titles.

Though I'm not getting where the $200 price difference comes from unless you're suggesting a used or refurb model.

43 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Some games do run at native 4K, though those tend to be remasters or simpler games. And you can use the boost mode to improve the performance of earlier titles.

Though I'm not getting where the $200 price difference comes from unless you're suggesting a used or refurb model.

Sorry, I was mistaken about the price. It's only a $100 difference but there seems to be a sale at Gamestop bringing vanilla PS4 down to $250.

My main point was op should just get a vanilla PS4 if he wants the PS4.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been with playstation since the ps2 and am an owner of a ps2, ps3, psvita, ps4, ps4 pro and the psvr. I can proudly say that the ps4 pro is a great console but I suggest you wait until the ps5 is released the fall of 2020. If you want you can get the ps4 pro as the console has been released sometime between 2016 and 2017. As the three years has passed the ps4 pro is still the most highest bought console on the market currently. As of xbox is being out sold from playstation. I highly suggest of staying with playstation as they keep up to what console gamers want. With the ps5 we have backwards compatibility with the ps4/ps4 pro games. So the answer to your question is go with the ps4 pro. 

If you have a PC, then all the xbox exclusives worth playing are on that. PS4 simply has way better options.

I just sold my PS4pro tho, I am now waiting for PS5 and I'll play my backlog there... KH3, TLoU, God of War, Uncharted 3/4.. I basically only played Bloodborne when I got a ps4 lmao