Best fully modular psu

Adsome2007

I’m building a pc and need a 650 watt or higher fully modular atx psu under 80 dollars (preferably less)

8 minutes ago, Adsome2007 said:

I’m building a pc and need a 650 watt or higher fully modular atx psu under 80 dollars (preferably less)

Just go on the PC part picker and grab something from corsair, seasonic, or maybe coolermaster. bequiet! is also fine too

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just go on the PC part picker and grab something from corsair, seasonic, or maybe coolermaster. bequiet! is also fine too

YOu do know,  brand name isnt the only thing that defines the quality of a psu ...

Just now, hello_there_123 said:

YOu do know,  brand name isnt the only thing that defines the quality of a psu ...

Those companies all have perfectly fine gold rated units out right now

EVGA is also fine at that tier.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

I'd be careful with EVGA. I have had 2 EVGA 1000 P2 PSU's fail within a year. I returned them to the store under an extended warranty, but I called EVGA and they told me that they both failed because I way oversized it. I have had a Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000 in the system for the last 2 years without a problem, so I know the problem isn't my power quality or my system.

Edited by lexidobe

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Those companies all have perfectly fine gold rated units out right now

EVGA is also fine at that tier.

They also have bad units out. For example, Seasonic s12ii/m12ii etc. Maybe you should provide specific models, I don't think you want OP guessing on this kind of stuff. Besides: 

-Not a Single EVGA psu is good for their price in any country that i know of 

-Same with Seasonic, maybe except countries in which PSU selection is limited (Phillipines etc) 

-Be Quiet! is only good for their price pretty exclusively in Europe 

-Corsair has a couple units that are good for their price, only in some countries though (for example txm and rmx in the US would not be recommended) , and cx450 is pretty good 

-Maybe in some countries with limited PSU selection Coolermaster can show up to be good,, but in the US and most other countries in EU on pcpp, I've never found a CM psu worth buying. 

Thanks I’m going with the Corsair rm650 are there an cheap altearnTive to cablemod for it under 40 dollars that are black and red

1 minute ago, hello_there_123 said:

Seasonic s12ii/m12ii

Those are super old and broze tier, but they ran fine for me in secondary/cheap system.

I have an EVGA GQ 650W on a 1950X right now and it's been fine for running Vega 56 even.

I specifically said gold rated units from those companies.

Spoiler

Just now, Adsome2007 said:

Thanks I’m going with the Corsair rm650 are there an cheap altearnTive to cablemod for it under 40 dollars that are black and red

a can of plastidip

Spoiler

Just now, Adsome2007 said:

But I can’t risk the hardware

you aren't you just spray paint the cables

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

you aren't you just spray paint the cables

Thanks for the creativity but I would prefer precoloured cables

4 minutes ago, Adsome2007 said:

Check the Corsair website accessories section. They sell type 4 sleeved cables. From memory I think they have black/red colour combination. Might be cheaper than cablemod.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Check the Corsair website accessories section. They sell type 4 sleeved cables. From memory I think they have black/red colour combination. Might be cheaper than cablemod.

Thanks

15 hours ago, Adsome2007 said:

15 hours ago, Spotty said:

We have a couple different options for sleeved cables; Full kits with everything to Starter Kits with 24pin, EPS, and 2x PCIe.  Link below is to our Black/Red starter kit:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-Individually-Sleeved-PSU-Cables-Starter-Kit-Type-4-Gen-4/p/CP-8920219

Let me know if you're looking for select cables or the full kit, and I can link you the page.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

16 hours ago, Adsome2007 said:

Get the RMx instead.

You can get cheap cable extensions on Amazon. The ones from upHere and AsiaHorse are pretty good, afaik.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

5 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

We have a couple different options for sleeved cables; Full kits with everything to Starter Kits with 24pin, EPS, and 2x PCIe.  Link below is to our Black/Red starter kit:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-Individually-Sleeved-PSU-Cables-Starter-Kit-Type-4-Gen-4/p/CP-8920219

Let me know if you're looking for select cables or the full kit, and I can link you the page.

Thanks

4 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

Get the RMx instead.

You can get cheap cable extensions on Amazon. The ones from upHere and AsiaHorse are pretty good, afaik.

I will get the rtx it's only 10 bucks more but what's the difference