Cyberpower PC Review/Linus dodged a bullet

S2KJF

Hi, I am 40 years old and have been gaming and using computers since the Apple II days, I normally build my own but got baited in by Cyberpower PC and their sale, big mistake. After a huge customer service issue which I wont get into for this review, my system shipped and arrived with nothing broken or out of place.  I fired up the system and found the first problem, no video drivers installed, they shipped the system with the GPU running off the windows drivers, minor problem and easily resolved but what if I was just a normal person looking to buy a gaming computer, Im not going to know anything about windows vs AMD drivers.  So installed the drivers system is up and running and then I get to looking at the video card, I ordered an AMD brand Radeon RX 590, what was given to me is a Powercolor RX 590 with AMD stickers covering the Powercolor logo on the fans.  I really wished Linus would have ordered the Cyberpower PC back in his secret shopper video's to expose this company and what they are doing.  Please see attached photo's of the card in the machine, I cant get a shot of the AMD stickers on the fans but if you do a quick google image search of RX 590's and look at the Powercolor one, it's that card to  T.  I also enclosed a pic of the email invoice they sent me and you can see AMD Radeon RX 590 and $252 which is about average for an AMD branded card, whereas the Powercolor RX 590 retails for about $199....shady shady business.  Oh and when I asked Cyberpower PC about this I was sent a link to the Tech Support page? Do yourself a favor, Im sure 90% of the people on here build their own, but if you ever get tempted by a really good deal from a builder, dont use Cyberpower. Oh and I did not discover Linus and his video until after I had ordered fml.

20190729_205950.jpg

20190729_210931.jpg

I ordered an AMD brand Radeon RX 590, what was given to me is a Powercolor RX 590 with AMD stickers covering the Powercolor logo on the fans.  I really wished Linus would have ordered the Cyberpower PC back in his secret shopper video's to expose this company and what they are doing.  Please see attached photo's of the card in the machine, I cant get a shot of the AMD stickers on the fans but if you do a quick google image search of RX 590's and look at the Powercolor one, it's that card to  T.  I also enclosed a pic of the email invoice they sent me and you can see AMD Radeon RX 590 and $252 which is about average for an AMD branded card, whereas the Powercolor RX 590 retails for about $199....shady shady business.  Oh and when I asked Cyberpower PC about this I was sent a link to the Tech Support page? Do yourself a favor, Im sure 90% of the people on here build their own, but if you ever get tempted by a really good deal from a builder, dont use Cyberpower. Oh and I did not discover Linus and his video until after I had ordered fml.

20190729_205950.jpg

20190729_210931.jpg

There's nothing shady about that at all. It's very common to label the card as AMD or Nvidia and then put in whatever specific card they choose to put in. And the fact that they mark up the card also isn't shady at all given that they're in the business of making money.

AMD/Nvidia is just part of the model name.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I see, so the video card that says Radeon down the spine of it on the AMD website is just like a prototype card that isnt actually sold, thank you for explaining it, that was more than Cyberpower could be bothered to do, If I had known it was going to be a Powercolor brand card I would not have ordered it though.  Still an awful company to deal with customer service wise, but thank you for explaining it to me.  I usually build my own and use XFX as I have never had a problem with them, but live and learn. Thanks again.

pretty sure AMD didn't sell their own RX 590s, and even if they did it would be the shitty blower card. AIBs do it for them and powercolor is one of their AIBs. you're just shitting on cyberpower for your own ignorance on this one. the only thing they're guilty about is not properly installing drivers.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

5 minutes ago, S2KJF said:

I see, so the video card that says Radeon down the spine of it on the AMD website is just like a prototype card that isnt actually sold, thank you for explaining it, that was more than Cyberpower could be bothered to do, If I had known it was going to be a Powercolor brand card I would not have ordered it though.  Still an awful company to deal with customer service wise, but thank you for explaining it to me.  I usually build my own and use XFX as I have never had a problem with them, but live and learn. Thanks again.

AFAIK that is a Sapphire card.  It was not available very long after launch, and was just a "reference" design given to partners for them to make their own designs from if they didnt want to do all of the board layout from scratch.  Thing is, all the partners already had designs they could recycle from the RX  480/580.