Is this 'normal' for a LED monitor?

Car712

Ok so I recently got a super cheap AOC E2252s (WDN) 1080p LED monitor from a local store that's going out of business, it works well, except for one thing, the colors and contrast are weird as hell, I tried changing all kinds of settings but nothing 100% 'fixes' it. For example, colors (one example being if something yellow is at the top of the display vs the bottom, the color is slightly different depending on where it is) and contrast will look *very* different if they are at the top of the display vs the bottom, and sometimes white or grey ends up looking slightly green-ish despite my RGB settings being completely balanced all at 50, also the contrast between white/grey at the bottom of the display is much worse than at the top, for example, you wont see the small grey lines on a youtube video page if they are at the bottom of the display (never had this issue before with other displays/laptops). Is this just something I have to get used to with a LED monitor, or is there actually something wrong here? I just think its very odd, as ive never had this issue before with any other displays/laptops (although I don't think I've ever used an LED one either).

(Im connecting directly from my GPU to the monitor with a DVI cable, if that's important at all)

Sounds like a its an older cheap TN monitor. They have truly terrible viewing angles. Sit back further from the screen and try to be a spot on in front of it as possible. By which i mean don't be looking down or up at it or from side to side, be dead straight on.

FYI LED and LCD are the same. LED was used as marketing to refer to the type of backlight used when it was new. Older LCD's used CCFL backlights, then they introduced LED ones. Nowadays all LCD use LED, so all LCD monitors and TV technically are LED. LED refers to the backlight though, they are still LCD displays.

The difference between displays is the panel type ..or LCD type. you have 3. TN , VA, and IPS.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |