Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello Everyone!

 

I am interested in upgrading my VR setup, I currently have a Vive.

I want to spend $500 or less on upgrades I can do, I am deciding on buying an Oculus Rift S? What do you guys think?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, going between the vive and the rift s is not particularly noticable unless you have more sensitivity to displays in general. I found the immersion of good VR games vastly outweighs the screen door effect.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Personally, going between the vive and the rift s is not particularly noticable unless you have more sensitivity to displays in general. I found the immersion of good VR games vastly outweighs the screen door effect.

Thank you, if you were me, would you just stay on vive? Either just get a Index Headset or Rift S, what would you do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hisikbay said:

Thank you, if you were me, would you just stay on vive? Either just get a Index Headset or Rift S, what would you do?

I have stayed on my Vive so far, still love it. Eventually the Index would be the goal, it's compatible with all Vive hardware so no need to change your setup. The Rift S is what I recommend to people who have no headset, because it's cheaper than the Vive and better in some ways, but since you've already got a headset it's not gonna change much to switch.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I have stayed on my Vive so far, still love it. Eventually the Index would be the goal, it's compatible with all Vive hardware so no need to change your setup. The Rift S is what I recommend to people who have no headset, because it's cheaper than the Vive and better in some ways, but since you've already got a headset it's not gonna change much to switch.

Ok, thank you! I will buy the Index Headset now and slowly complete the setup!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my Index, coming from the Rift CV1. What a insane difference.

Still have to play a lot to see the downside to it.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×