SSHD Drives or regular hard drives

sshd are not useful, the ssd part is quite small, so wont fit or the game you want or windows

just buy a cheap ssd and a normal hard disk and forget the sshd, as most people did, cheap ssds made this technology obsolette

4 minutes ago, goto10 said:

just buy a cheap ssd and a normal hard disk and forget the sshd, as most people did, cheap ssds made this technology obsolette

SSHDs are useful for keeping most frequently accessed files/folders/applications stored in solid state memory and less accessed information on the hard disk. I would recommend getting 2 drives (one solid state drive for the OS and the other for files and programs) as most wear and tear of a computational hard drive happens because of booting and shutting down the OS. I think that SSHDs could be equipped with better algorithms for data and larger solid state memory integrated to make them improved, although if it can't be enough for the OS, then I would suggest getting 2 drives since that will give you more responsiveness and improve the lifespan of the hard drive as well.

19 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Probably just get the normal hdd.

Yeah, for what most users use their computers for, a hard drive will be good enough, although if you can afford it, get a small SSD for the OS to benefit the system responsiveness and boot times plus improve hard drive longevity.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Just now, Boomwebsearch said:

SSHDs are useful for keeping most frequently accessed files/folders/applications stored in solid state memory and less accessed information on the hard disk. I would recommend getting 2 drives (one solid state drive for the OS and the other for files and programs) as most wear and tear of a computational hard drive happens because of booting and shutting down the OS. I think that SSHDs could be equipped with better algorithms for data and larger solid state memory integrated to make them improved, although if it can't be enough for the OS, then I would suggest getting 2 drives since that will give you more responsiveness and improve the lifespan of the hard drive as well.

But if you don't have thatthing much data, going all ssd is nice if you can. There so much faster for doing almost every thing.

I think sshds are probably dead, better to do it on the os level instead of drive, and the os already does this with extra ram

18 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you don't have thatthing much data, going all ssd is nice if you can. There so much faster for doing almost every thing.

20 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

ation on the hard d

45 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

get the normal hd

i do have a ssd already for windows boot

the drive would just just be for bulk storage/backup.

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

3 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

i do have a ssd already for windows boot

the drive would just just be for bulk storage/backup.

then there is no pint on buying one, start thinking on moving all ssd or even nvme, hard disks are being replaced, fast, there are very few hard disk manufacturer companies now and most are moving to ssd only, hard disks will become dirt cheap and all of a sudden will vanish one day