Graphics Card unplugs every restart

Javs

Soooo, everytime I restart the computer/turn it off and back on, the computer will switch to the integrated graphics inseatd of the discrete ones.

My laptop screen has been broken some time now, so I'm using an old hdmi monitor. Here's how it happened: I was discording while playing GTA V, accidentaly unplugged the Ethernet cable and the screen turned off, I assumed it was another random Windows crash but it wasn't, if I turned the pc back on the screen wouldn't show activity. I proceeded to restart over and over again and check every external component and concluded the problem was the laptop, not the screen nor the cable. I started a quest to blindly try to put the screen of my computer into another computer, the hdmi failed, team viewer failed, skype failed and discord failed. I ended up using Steam Link (so I could control my computer with my phone). After searching around, I found out the Gtx 1070 had an exclamation mark on the device manager tab, clicked in to see that "Code error 43" popped up. I disabled and renabled the card from there and everything seemed to work just fine, restarted the computer and it happened again, I had to go through the whole steamlink-devicemanager process another time

I don't know whats happening with my card and I couldnt find any helping thread related to this, if you got any ideas, help would be very much appreciated :)

The laptop:

Alienware 15 R4
GTX 1070
i7 8750H

16GB DDR4

And yes, the graphics card drivers are up to date

10 minutes ago, Javs said:

And yes, the graphics card drivers are up to date

Go in your bios and turn off internal gpu

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384

Just now, vjizzle2384 said:

Go in your bios and turn off internal gpu

I can't go into the bios, if I turn off the PC to get into the bios I lose the ability to use the monitor and I can't see what I'm doing

Just now, Javs said:

I can't go into the bios, if I turn off the PC to get into the bios I lose the ability to use the monitor and I can't see what I'm doing

Then you’re pretty much screwed better to repair your screen or at worst replace laptop.  I have a laptop that turns on but nothing shows up on the screen or my HDMI, I just put on the side and store it away in case I figure out a fix.

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384