Is Linus unaware of what content type works?

BleachedFur
2 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I have to point out a few things

I'm well over 20 years old

I have SLI 1070s and SLI Tesla C2050s

I'm paying off a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Or do I? I am a YouTuber as well and run a very successful channel on top of my personal channel (about 1 million subs for the big one) and once a month I do a suggested video. I trim my content to what the viewers want. I NEVER do sponsored videos despite my numerous offers.

But you are arguing for content to appease 14 year olds.  It's not that much of a stretch that maybe that is the content you like/want.   What you are paying off and own is irrelevant.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

It's not that much of a stretch that maybe that is the content you like/want.

I like seeing crazy weird chinese hardware like the mobile desktop CPU conversion and shit like that. I don't really care about BMW's latest innovation.

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

2 minutes ago, BleachedFur said:

I like seeing crazy weird chinese hardware like the mobile desktop CPU conversion and shit like that. I don't really care about BMW's latest innovation.

Don't watch the video then.

Someone with a successful YouTube channel with 1 million subscribers should know that not every subscriber watches every video uploaded to the channel.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Don't watch the video then.

Someone with a successful YouTube channel with 1 million subscribers should know that not every subscriber watches every video uploaded to the channel.

Were you not aware that it is a legal requirement to watch every single LTT video?! And you're a mod?!

Banned.

On 7/25/2019 at 10:09 PM, BleachedFur said:

I'll bet you my $3800 dual socket workstation that not a single person who watched that video thought "Hm, I should buy a BMW!".

Where do I collect this PC?  Because that was my reaction 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

29 minutes ago, Spotty said:

RandomGamingInHD would disagree with you.

12 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Where do I collect this PC?  Because that was my reaction 

Here you go

Is it really a big deal when a channel does something different for a change?
My wife watches a few youtubers that play video games. Those bore me to death, but one of them decided to change things up a do a drumming vid and that's probably the only one of their videos I actually gave any attention to.

9 minutes ago, BleachedFur said:

RandomGamingInHD would disagree with you.

280k subs, 80k on most vids with the better ones going as high as 300k and the worse ones as low as 20k.  Your point?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, BleachedFur said:

So you feel the need to convince Linus that no one likes it because you don't?

Not too sure what the exact problem is here.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 7/26/2019 at 2:09 PM, BleachedFur said:

News flash Linus, your viewers don't give two flying fucks about BMW, 90% of your viewers are 14 year olds with craptops and fantasies about quad titan SLI. Your viewers also don't give two shits if BMW sponsored your video, I'll bet you my $3800 dual socket workstation that not a single person who watched that video thought "Hm, I should buy a BMW!".

I enjoyed the BMW Video. Believe it or not, many of us are car enthusiasts. One of the most popular threads on the entire LTT forums is the Car thread. 

Maybe you should sit down and not click on videos you arent interested in, instead of presuming to speak on behalf of over a million people that watched that video.

How dare people have more than 1 interest....

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Well as long as its about "technology" in general, I'm fine with them doing BMWs & such as long as they are relevant to that subject. I don't think Linustechtips are all just about them pc & network technologies 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

You think the BMW video was bad? I suggest you don't watch these then.

Spoiler

It's as if the channel isn't just about computers, but about technology as a whole.. who would've thought..

12 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

you literally did not read any of my responses. I run two YouTube channels, my personal channel which has 640 subs and my corporate channel which has over 1 million, which I'm also not going to link here because of trolls.

image.png.a8d410f0e11db86d506c370d464fdb71.png

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

On 7/29/2019 at 12:57 AM, lewdicrous said:

You think the BMW video was bad? I suggest you don't watch these then.

Yeah, I intentionally didn't and actually clicked on them just to thumbs down them because it's bad content.

On 7/25/2019 at 11:47 PM, Zodiark1593 said:

I'd like to see LTT review a full size fire truck.

...preferably the same type as the toy...

5 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

Yeah, I intentionally didn't and actually clicked on them just to thumbs down them because it's bad content.

Imagine being salty about the content a YouTube channel that doesn't really affect anyone

How about finding something else to get worked up about lmao

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

7 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

GOT EM, but seriously sponsored videos = income generated for LTT = more videos = more money = more videos = more money = you get my point.

Why be mad at a channel just because they sometimes produce sponsored videos?

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

He could do a sponsored video about the Power Puff Girls for all I care.  Does it really matter?  He isn't just filling is own pockets, he has staff to pay.  If he has opportunities to do sponsored videos, take them.

I enjoy videos about motherboards and GPU's...but I also drive a BMW. So...

1014411896_AbsoluteWin.jpg.d776c49a08d83d0f067fd6d5602d51d1.jpg

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

14 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

People like you make this world a worse place. Watch it then dislike it.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!