Could you recommend a good PSU for my build?

hemla

Hello everybody,

could you recommend me a good PSU for my build? I would like to try and oveclock the CPU and GPU.

My build is here: https://www.czc.cz/2v1snt7ku0je5afjcnddjj78kf/seznam

But somebody was warning me about the PSU i have chosen. So i hoped you could give me another suggestions. 

Thank you very much. 

BitFenix Whisper M 650w; BE QUIET STRAIGHT POWER 11; Corsair RM650x; SuperFlower LeadexII (aka EVGA Supernova G3) 650w for instance. The Bitfenix is actually even cheaper than the Seasonic.. Far the best value PSU in my country.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Corsair RM650-750x is where I would go for my PSU. I own one of these and an older 1000 w Corsair and I have had 0 issues with it in my 8 years of doing PC building/tech stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

BitFenix Whisper M 650w; BE QUIET STRAIGHT POWER 11; Corsair RM650x; SuperFlower LeadexII (aka EVGA Supernova G3) 650w for instance. The Bitfenix is actually even cheaper than the Seasonic.. Far the best value PSU in my country.

They dont sell BitFenix in my country, nor the SuperFlower. But i can get that Be Quiet or Corsair. Had bad experience with Corsair PSU in the past, so i might grab the Be Quiet! then. Thank you. 

Check out the tier list sticky...

My personal recommendation is is for EVGA P2 & T2 series.

Edit: I have a P2 in my everyday usage PC and a T2 in my gaming rig.

You pay a little more for them but they are pretty exceptional.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

2 minutes ago, TTP said:

Corsair RM650-750x is where I would go for my PSU. I own one of these and an older 1000 w Corsair and I have had 0 issues with it in my 8 years of doing PC building/tech stuff. 

My old Corsair PSU died twice, once after they changed it for another. It was a couple years ago, so it might be different, but i dont have the best experience with that companies PSUs.

6 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

Check out the tier list sticky...

My personal recommendation is is for EVGA P2 & T2 series.

I had. But i was hoping for more personilized advice towards my build. That being sad, would 650W be enough if i try to oveclock? Because i tried this server https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

And the result was i need 850 Wats. Granted i might entered wrong oveclocking data since i am a newbie in that area. But i tried to use information i got from this forum about the achievable overclocking levels. 

28 minutes ago, hemla said:

I had. But i was hoping for more personilized advice towards my build. That being sad, would 650W be enough if i try to oveclock? Because i tried this server https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

And the resalt was i need 850 Wats. Granted i might entered wrong oveclocking data since i am a newbie in that area. But i tried to use information i got from this forum about the achievable overclocking levels. 

That's a pretty misleading site. I wouldn't trust it at all. It's best to probably just ignore it...take a look at this video that busts the myth that you need a very powerful PSU (it's a bit old but still relevant) 

I have an 860 watt PSU (EVGA SuperNOVA 850 T2) in my gaming rig, but only because it's the second lowest wattage they produce in the T2 Range and I wanted T2 and a little more headroom for SLI and overclocking.

I'd recommend the EVGA P2 series but as for wattage, I'm not sure what to recommend.

Take a look at the above video and also you can consult the video card manual for your video card as they should recommend a PSU wattage to use with the card.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

23 minutes ago, hemla said:

My old Corsair PSU died twice, once after they changed it for another. It was a couple years ago, so it might be different, but i dont have the best experience with that companies PSUs.

I guess it could be hit or miss really. In my opinion that can be anything in life or technology. 

The manual for the RTX 2080 TI recommends: "System Power Supply Minimum 650 W or greater system power supply"

I'd say 650 watt minimum, 750 watts at the very maximum...

... the thing is, headroom with PSU's is good because generally it means the PSU fan won't spin up and so it keeps the whole system quieter. If you max out the PSU it's also less efficient, so headroom is good.

Personally I'd go with the 650w EVGA P2, the 750 watt EVGA 750 T2...that's where my money would go. Actually it's where it did go: I've got the 650 watt P2 in my every day usage P.C. and the 850 watt T2 in my gaming rig, but I was intending to SLI and overclock. Now I just use single cards so the 850 watt is overkill for my system.

2 hours ago, hemla said:

And the result was i need 850 Wats. Granted i might entered wrong oveclocking data since i am a newbie in that area. But i tried to use information i got from this forum about the achievable overclocking levels. 

I prefer the calculator in my signature. The BeQuiet! One. According to it, you'll be fine with 650watts, even during torture benchmarks. It'll overestimate a little, but only by a small margin!

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )