PSA: Use Benchmark.com have updated their CPU ranking algorithm and it majorly disadvantages AMD Ryzen CPUs

What are they trying to do?  Quad-core is the past, the future and present is Multi-core.  It even says that an i5 haswell beats and i7 haswell, they've straight up broken their scoring system.

EARAg2iXoAE5Ftx.jpg large.jpg

I've always preferred https://www.cpubenchmark.net/ for quick and easy comparisons.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Well its not like userbenchmark was anything to base an actual purchasing decision on anyway, its not that difficult to read or watch some actual reviews and decide on a build.

Use benchmark has never been a precision tool for cpu or other hardware.

For cpu comparison i prefer a more dedicated benchmark like cinebench r15/20.

lol they're weighting performance of anything past 4 cores as being worth 2% on their index

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

1 minute ago, melete said:

lol they're weighting performance of anything past 4 cores as being worth 2% on their index

@awpshots  Guess who benefits from this? Lol. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Just now, ch3w2oy said:

still has nothing to do with a corporation that isn't affiliated with them..

Desktop: NZXT H700i / i7-8700K @ 5.1GHz / Corsair H100i RGB AIO / Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC / 32gb Corsair Vengeance @ 2666MHz (8+8 LPX, 8+8 RGB Pro) 

Laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 15.6” / i7-7700HQ / GTX 1080 Max-Q / 16gb DDR4 (want to liquid metal it soon!)

Just now, ch3w2oy said:

No one? Userbench was pretty meaningless even before they changed it, its why people always point those new to building to real word benchmarks.

Yeah, the search ranking (being at the top of Google results) is what I think of too. Luckily no one compares CPUs like these:

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-8350K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-TR-2990WX/3935vsm560423

But more nebulous stuff like comparing a 9400F or 8350k and 3600 will absolutely come up. 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

enough of the attacks.. if you can't explain your position without labeling community members, maybe you need another outlet to go?

cleaned.. next will be warnings.

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

No one? Userbench was pretty meaningless even before they changed it, its why people always point those new to building to real word benchmarks.

Since my original reply was deleted let me show you how Google works.. Type 3700X vs 9900K in the search bar and then please evaluate your argument. Just because knowledgeable people don't use it as their primary source for benchmarks, doesn't make it irrelevant for newcomers and those less informed..

I guess there's a chance I'm the only person in the world that uses it but the thousands of new benches on there everyday tell another story.. 

1 hour ago, awpshots said:

still has nothing to do with a corporation that isn't affiliated with them..

It's Interesting that you think that.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

Only benchmarks that I care about are from Tech Jesus

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

9 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

It's Interesting that you think that.. 

it's interesting how the timeline ends in 2009 as i've already stated.

Desktop: NZXT H700i / i7-8700K @ 5.1GHz / Corsair H100i RGB AIO / Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC / 32gb Corsair Vengeance @ 2666MHz (8+8 LPX, 8+8 RGB Pro) 

Laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 15.6” / i7-7700HQ / GTX 1080 Max-Q / 16gb DDR4 (want to liquid metal it soon!)

9 minutes ago, awpshots said:

it's interesting how the timeline ends in 2009 as i've already stated.

I don't think anything.. I just don't draw empty conclusions..

59 minutes ago, melete said:

If they bumped the 4 core to an 8 core count that would make sense to do.  Past 8 cores is largely irrelevant for gaming.  4 cores has faltered in certain multithreaded titles and should no longer be the definitive factor for gaming performance.  This would solve i3/i5 hitting above their weight without unduly rewarding Ryzen extra points for high core counts that bring little benefit as far as gaming is concerned.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

1 hour ago, ch3w2oy said:

Since my original reply was deleted let me show you how Google works.. Type 3700X vs 9900K in the search bar and then please evaluate your argument. Just because knowledgeable people don't use it as their primary source for benchmarks, doesn't make it irrelevant for newcomers and those less informed..

I guess there's a chance I'm the only person in the world that uses it but the thousands of new benches on there everyday tell another story.. 

If you believe someone is going to build a whole gaming PC based on the first search result, without doing any further research on what motherboard,ram,GPU or storage to buy and without coming across a CPU review, it doesn't seem that likely, although if a person would either the 3700X or 9900K aren't a bad choice it's just down to system cost.

44 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

I don't think anything.. I just don't draw empty conclusions..

The r/amd thread seems to be jumping to the conclusion of Userbench of somehow being "intel shills", but funny enough Userbench is so bad it lists the i3-9350KF as being "faster" than the i9-9980XE.

41 minutes ago, sgloux3470 said:

If they bumped the 4 core to an 8 core count that would make sense to do.  Past 8 cores is largely irrelevant for gaming.  4 cores has faltered in certain multithreaded titles and should no longer be the definitive factor for gaming performance.  This would solve i3/i5 hitting above their weight without unduly rewarding Ryzen extra points for high core counts that bring little benefit as far as gaming is concerned.

Preach brother. I just replaced my i5-2500k because 4 cores weren’t cutting it anymore in the games I was playing. An 8 core benchmark, or even a 6 core one, would go a long way towards demonstrating more realistic workloads for the most CPU intensive modern games. 

7 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

If you believe someone is going to build a whole gaming PC based on the first search result, without doing any further research on what motherboard,ram,GPU or storage to buy and without coming across a CPU review, it doesn't seem that likely, although if a person would either the 3700X or 9900K aren't a bad choice it's just down to system cost.

What does that have to do with no one using it? Building an entire PC around that would be quite stupid, I don't disagree with that.. Doesn't mean it doesn't serve a purpose..

8 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

The r/amd thread seems to be jumping to the conclusion of Userbench of somehow being "intel shills", but funny enough Userbench is so bad it lists the i3-9350KF as being "faster" than the i9-9980XE.

So their bias created internal conflicts? They can't fix that without giving AMD more credit..

Looks like I'm trading in my 3900x for a Core 2 quad q9650. 

Doesn't surprise me. Benchmarks have been known to be deceptive in the past, and probably will continue to in the future. There was one (Cinebench maybe?) that intentionally ran slower on AMD CPU's than Intel CPU's. I don't remember what the situation was whether someone from Intel payed them off or what. 

EDIT: Yep, it was Cinebench 

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/091216intelcmpt.pdf

Edited by lexidobe
Added link