Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

What Sticky Keys actually does and why there's a very easy to accidentally trigger shortcut for it

Why HDMI became the standard for TVs and DisplayPort became the standard for monitors

Why Linus soyfaces in every YT thumbnail

Why streaming services look bad on web browsers (aka talking about that weird DRM shit they use)

You could compare the Looking Glass Portrait versus the Leia Lume Pad 3D.

They are promising a full android tablet with a lightfield display and all the software $100 less ($300 vs $400 for the looking glass)

https://www.leiainc.com/

I haven't been able to find one direct comparison on YouTube, and having just bought a Looking Glass Portrait myself, I am curious.

• 2 weeks later...

How about a crash course on terminating Ethernet connections, both 8P8C/RJ45s with a crimper and 110 block ends (like keystones and patch panels) using a punchdown tool?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

How about the infuriating mixed support that USB C has started to usher in.  This is mostly related to power/charging but I have noticed a trend/uptick in devices that support the physical plug standard but not all the backend/hard to engineer power delivery stuff. I have started to seek out USB C enabled charging to simply my life and cables but I have 3 devices off the top of my head that while they charge via a USB C input, will only charge via a very specific combination of cables/wall chargers. In all cases I have confirmed with the manufacturer that this is the intended behavior and not an error.  In all cases it is on devices that that the from factory cable was USB C to USB A.So they refuse USB C to USB C, and frequently refuse high capacity or output (not an EE major lol) wall chargers. This is probably the worse case to me, since its a highly specific combination of cables/chargers, so if you loose/damage the working combination you are screwed (particularly when traveling!) .

TL:DR - Many devices are adopting the USB C port for charging but not necessarily the negotiations part of the standard leaving consumers with "USB C*****" capable charging.

• 2 weeks later...

I Have A Vid u should do! it is Every Server Version Of Windows

for an extension to Your Every Windows Version Ever Video

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 4:26 AM, Aditya Dighe said:

A video on using chrome extensions to bring back the dislike button.

I think they did. It wasn't plainly titled. It was something like "doing what youtube won't" or "unsung heroes" or some shit, but I'm 99% they have.

• 4 weeks later...

Review this adapter from aliexpress which gets rid of the cd drive in a laptop and replaces it with another hdd or ssd. Link

Sunvalley-Ultra-Thin-SATA-to-SATA3-9-5mm-Universal-Aluminum-2nd-hdd-caddy-For-Laptop-Notebook.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

I've been wondering if there is any problem with buying a charger more powerful than what your device needs.

Google will quickly find people saying that they are no experts, but that you *should be fine*. I even found a wired article.

Since that alone might not fill a video:

Do different charging standards harm the device? USB-PD vs Android Quick Charge vs PowerIQ vs those new Super super fast chargers (idk the name)

Do they support older versions of each other? Do they not work at all? Do they just not go as fast or default to a basic (very) slow charging mode?

How do they differ? Are those only relevant for fast charging and basic charging will always work with no harm?

And if that's not enough: How do those things stack up with  wireless charging standards?

Importance of recycling electronics properly

I'm usually as lost as you are

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a topic: What the hell is an NFT?

I know you guys kind of explained them on TechLinked when they first became a thing, but I still have trouble getting my head around what they actually are?

As far as I can tell, anyone can just make a picture in MS paint and somehow sell it for millions of dollars?

Something does not add up lol.

As an American living in China I have many connections with cheap quality tech over here. more of those kinds of channels will be great! By the way many of us over here would love to hear from you on how we can continue gaming across that firewall. VPNs, FPS boosters are they a scam? creating our own servors and etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

What would happen if you connect 2 computers through USB and why? :0

• 2 weeks later...

Best non contract mobile phone plan. Best service and data plan that won't break you. Currently using Google Fi and found out it is not cheap, but great service. I don't want to have anxiety when I need to use data though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

HTTP/3 has just been standardized by IETF. I think it'd be a good time to do an episode that explains HTTP/1, 1.1, 2, and finally 3, also their differences, what improvements they bring and how they matter to end users.

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

A PC component I just learned learned about is a WWAN card. Apparently it's how some laptops have access to cellular service. A short video explaining everything about WWAN for techquickie is something you haven't appeared to do yet, and nor has any other major tech channel on youtube, as far as I can tell.

I would also like to see if Linus can get a WWAN card working on Steam deck.

Techquickie: The other aspects of a power supply that arent talked about very often. Ripple, Grade of capacitors (100% Japanese capacitors WOW!), over current protection(multi rail OCP)cable capacitors. Some of the more techy electrical specs that you might have to dig for when picking a PSU.