New build $1400 budget

Hey guys I’ve watched most of the LTT ROG build videos on YouTube. I am new to computer building and I’m not sure what goes with what or what would be good. Ideally I’m looking to put together a gaming rig that is capable of gaming, VR and streaming. I’m looking to stay under $1400 US. I currently am gaming on an Xbox one (games like COD and Fortnite) and would like to transfer to desktop gaming. I have a dell s2419hgf monitor which has 1920 x 1080 144hz and 1ms. I also have a keyboard and mouse already. For the pc build aspect I was thinking of going with an intel i7 8700 with a Asus GeForce 2070 rtx. Also, I was looking at Samsung evo 860 (1tb), air cooled, G.Skill - Trident Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory, with a NZXT h500 case. However I’m not sure what in all I need to in order to build correctly. I don’t have a pc build kit (specific screw drivers or part trey). I’m open to suggestions on specific parts. I think I want to lean more toward air cooled as I am afraid water cooled would require a lot of maintenance. I also think I would like to include some if not most RGB parts. I also think I want WiFi in the board or ability to add it to the board. I am able to plug straight into my router but I would like to be able to not have to if possible. Any suggestions? Is there possibly two rigs that work the same around the same price? Is there anything that makes one build better then another in terms of gaming?

Here is a whole set up I put together from what I’ve read and messing around a bit. It includes the mouse, keyboard and monitor that I already have. So all together is around $1700 but without those three pieces it is just under $1500 and I would like to take it down to $1400 or less.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tGD87W

Thank you for any help!!

Instead of the evo 860 ssd try going with a intel 660p m.2 ssd or a equivalent m.2 ssd. Nvme are some of the fastest drives out there. You can actually go with a AIO like the corsair Hydro h100, Better cooling, generally quieter and no maintenance like a traditional water cooling setup.

On 7/22/2019 at 1:55 AM, Kyleren0209 said:

Hey guys I’ve watched most of the LTT ROG build videos on YouTube. I am new to computer building and I’m not sure what goes with what or what would be good. Ideally I’m looking to put together a gaming rig that is capable of gaming, VR and streaming. I’m looking to stay under $1400 US. I currently am gaming on an Xbox one (games like COD and Fortnite) and would like to transfer to desktop gaming. I have a dell s2419hgf monitor which has 1920 x 1080 144hz and 1ms. I also have a keyboard and mouse already. For the pc build aspect I was thinking of going with an intel i7 8700 with a Asus GeForce 2070 rtx. Also, I was looking at Samsung evo 860 (1tb), air cooled, G.Skill - Trident Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory, with a NZXT h500 case. However I’m not sure what in all I need to in order to build correctly. I don’t have a pc build kit (specific screw drivers or part trey). I’m open to suggestions on specific parts. I think I want to lean more toward air cooled as I am afraid water cooled would require a lot of maintenance. I also think I would like to include some if not most RGB parts. I also think I want WiFi in the board or ability to add it to the board. I am able to plug straight into my router but I would like to be able to not have to if possible. Any suggestions? Is there possibly two rigs that work the same around the same price? Is there anything that makes one build better then another in terms of gaming?

Here is a whole set up I put together from what I’ve read and messing around a bit. It includes the mouse, keyboard and monitor that I already have. So all together is around $1700 but without those three pieces it is just under $1500 and I would like to take it down to $1400 or less.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tGD87W

Thank you for any help!!

This should do the trick:

OR, if you don't care too much about CPU overclocking, then this is what I would do for sure:

For both builds, the eSports ONE cooler is better than the Hyper 212 Black, and it performs pretty darn close to the Noctua D15 in terms of cooling performance. The 5700 XT in both builds will perform better than the 2070, and the 660p is a great value 1TB M.2 SSD. The SPEC-DELTA tower provides decent enough cooling with RGB. The G2 550w is more than enough and it's a great PSU quality-wise. I kept in as many RGB components as I could per your request, including the RAM.

Check your local stores/online listings for the MSI Tomahawk, its usually a sub-$120 board that is fantastic value but some Pcpartpicker vendors are out of stock

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($198.90 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($88.09 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($170.72 @ Walmart) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($89.99 @ Corsair) 
Storage: HP - EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card  ($529.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($78.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MWE Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($90.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1372.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-22 03:32 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

capable of gaming, VR and streaming.

What are you planning to use for your steaming? (OBS, Shawdowplay, etc?)

1 hour ago, Kyleren0209 said:

I don’t have a pc build kit (specific screw drivers or part trey)

A regular Phillip's head screwdriver will do. A Part tray / anti static mat is nice, but not completely necessary.

I am able to plug straight into my router but I would like to be able to not have to if possible.

I would if you're capable. It's always going to be the more reliable option. You can of course still grab either a Wifi board or a wifi adapter. 

NZXT h500 case

I would look at the Cooler Master h500! It's a superb piece of RGB case.

4 hours ago, trevb0t said:

What are you planning to use for your steaming? (OBS, Shawdowplay, etc?)

A regular Phillip's head screwdriver will do. A Part tray / anti static mat is nice, but not completely necessary.

I would if you're capable. It's always going to be the more reliable option. You can of course still grab either a Wifi board or a wifi adapter. 

I would look at the Cooler Master h500! It's a superb piece of RGB case.

I have used obs and xsplit in the past. How much are WiFi adapters?

39 minutes ago, Kyleren0209 said:

I have used obs and xsplit in the past. How much are WiFi adapters?

prolly like $20-30

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($499.00 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($93.80 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($78.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill - RNX-AC600PCEv3 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($23.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Total: $1330.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-22 09:27 EDT-0400

you can get windows off ebay for a few dollars to save money.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($499.00 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($93.80 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($78.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill - RNX-AC600PCEv3 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($23.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Total: $1330.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-22 09:27 EDT-0400

you can get windows off ebay for a few dollars to save money.

I didn’t see a cpu cooler is it needed with that case? Or is it not needed because of the cpu used?