Should I build a Mini-ITX or just buy a laptop

Gryfalcon

So I currently game on a x99-pro/usb 3.1 motherboard with a Intel Core I7-6850k and a Asus Rog Strix 1080 graphics card. This is all in a Corsair Carbide air 540. It has handled every game I could throw at it so far. Lately I have been considering building a more portable rig ie a mini-itx build. AM considering building a x570 mini-itx with the AMD 3900x cpu and a rtx2070. I am debating on building this or buying a gaming laptop. I do travel a bit for my job so I was considering just getting the laptop which would allow to to game on the move even more then a min-itx. What do you all think is my current rig still good enough with maybe just a graphics swap or is the CPU starting to be a bottle neck to the point I should upgrade? If the rig is still good I think I will get the gaming laptop and just later upgrade the graphics on my rig.

laptop

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Thanks, you dont think the i7-6850k getting old and long in  the tooth?

Both have their pros and cons. Personally I would build the Mini ITX machine cause if I do travel with it, I will probably be going to a place with a monitor/tv and I usually take my KB and Mouse with me anywhere when I do go out with my laptop. Like a cheap hotel or whatever.

With the Mini ITX machine you can upgrade too, which is more important to me personally.

To be honest though you seem to have a very good build already, so if you go with the laptop for traveling, you will have a very good capable machine waiting for you when you get home. Have the benefits of both worlds.

Thanks Reece, that was was one consideration I was thinking of for getting a laptop, plus if I go with a laptop the one I am looking to get either has a gtx 2060 or 1070 in it and thunderbolt 3 on it. Which means in the future I could get a graphics amplifier and upgrade t he graphics on the laptop

If I order what I want now maybe will have in time for LTX :)

thinking of gettting the Dell G5 with

Intel Core 8th Generation i7-8750H Processor (6 Core, Up to 4.10GHz, 9MB Cache, 45W)
Windows 10 Pro
1TB 2.5inch SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
256GB PCIe M.2 NVMe Solid State Drive
8GB (1x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Non- ECC
15.6 inch FHD(1920 x 1080) 300nits IPS Anti-Glare LED Backlit Display with 144Hz refresh rate
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6