Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Radeon wattman setting reset/ pc crash during mid sleep/ and wierd screen color glitches?????

Specs

3700x stock 1.28volts

Radeon 7 mostly stock do have an undervotl profile but problem happens on ether profile

16gb 3200 corsair rgb pro o.c. 3533 17 18 18 36 timings 1.36 volts

750 g3 evga psu.

Latest bios as well as drivers are installed

Problem: ever since new build was completed I get this notification of wattman resetting due to unexpected system failure, problem mostly seems to stem from an unknown problem causing the system to crash during sleep mode or exiting sleep mode. A few times iv seen a bsod flash across the screen for a nano second so I could never get the error a few times it's happened while thinking with O.C. setting with ram and a game (usual only smite) caused the game to crash. Now ether then this one instance I can play any title on 1440p on highest setting with ether profile and get flawless performance from both card and system this "crash" only seems to happen during sleep mode which deppending on the length of time ( described random at best) will ether be fine or just full restart. So not quite sure what to do here..and on start up on occasion main display will have strange graphical error like a flash where color inverts or secondary display is wrong res but problem ethe corrects self with moments or just switching on and off display fixes this

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
    Corsair pro rgb 16gb 3400 oc stock timings
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
    My digital ssd 250gb pro m.2 (boot) 2tb berracuda 7200rpm +Toshiba x300 4gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

Sounds like some Windows issues and driver corruption. 

I suggest running DDU to remove the drivers and to install the latest official release drivers, not the optional drivers. Further, you should run sfc /scannow to see if there are any system integrity errors with Windows. If it finds errors but can't fix them, try running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth That should be able to fix the Windows side of things. 

I was getting these wattman crash notifications occasionally as well, windows ended up being the problem and they went away after running the above commands. 

Of note, the latest AMD drivers have had reports of "green flashes" or other weird screen behavior that seems to last just a frame and then go away. This appears to be normal and not isolated to one specific card. 

Laptop: 2020 13" MacBook Pro i5, 512GB, G7 Graphics, 16GB LPDDR4X | Phone: iPhone 8 Plus 64GB | Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor S2719DGF 1440p @155Hz, Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
5 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Sounds like some Windows issues and driver corruption. 

I suggest running DDU to remove the drivers and to install the latest official release drivers, not the optional drivers. Further, you should run sfc /scannow to see if there are any system integrity errors with Windows. If it finds errors but can't fix them, try running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth That should be able to fix the Windows side of things. 

I was getting these wattman crash notifications occasionally as well, windows ended up being the problem and they went away after running the above commands. 

Of note, the latest AMD drivers have had reports of "green flashes" or other weird screen behavior that seems to last just a frame and then go away. This appears to be normal and not isolated to one specific card. 

I have run scf scan. Did that a few times the only "issue" involved defender PowerShell but other then that which is now fixed no other error.and should I run ddu in safe mode or will reg windows be fine

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
    My digital ssd 250gb pro m.2 (boot) 2tb berracuda 7200rpm +Toshiba x300 4gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750
1 minute ago, Gilgam3s1 said:

and should I run ddu in safe mode or will reg windows be fine

Safemode for sure. 

Laptop: 2020 13" MacBook Pro i5, 512GB, G7 Graphics, 16GB LPDDR4X | Phone: iPhone 8 Plus 64GB | Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor S2719DGF 1440p @155Hz, Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
4 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Safemode for sure. 

And should this fail any other suggestions? I'm currently at work so this will al be done when i gget home so trying to compile as many possible solutions as I am able 

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750
  • 2 months later...

Sound like highly unstable oc like many ppl have unstable oc..... Yes er all build now but that 80%  of world non techie is still not capable to fully understand overclocking. 

On 10/19/2019 at 4:15 AM, Goildzy said:

Sound like highly unstable oc like many ppl have unstable oc..... Yes er all build now but that 80%  of world non techie is still not capable to fully understand overclocking. 

Actualy my overclocks to both cpu and GPU are 100% stable turns out the issue was software related and do to some buggy signaling from a faulty nvme drive. After replacing said drive and doing clean install of os even befor the abba agesa update system ran flawless. With the updates it just happens to run better now xD it may have been awhile since iv built a pc but I'm not new to it or overclocking I always do my research befor jumping into anything.

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750