Ryzen 3700X MSI X570-A PRO Wont boot

Bushpig2dope

Here are my components:

MSI X570-A PRO AM4 ATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory
Samsung 970 EVO Plus
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

The EZDEBUG LED Appears to be stuck on boot. The cpu one comes on but turns off. Anyone have any suggestions? I only have the one cpu power 8 pin connected because my psu doesnt have the extra 4 pin. Apparently that's not needed?Suggestions anyone please? Pretty desperate over here, my PC knowledge is pretty limited, this is my first build solo

I've trued using the different hdmi outputs too. CPU fan goes, gpu fan and leds, ram leds but no case fans. My ram is in the 2nd and 4th slots. Thinking of throwing the hat in and taking it to a shop to sort out. It's a bit beyond me maybe

6 minutes ago, Bushpig2dope said:

The EZDEBUG LED Appears to be stuck on boot. The cpu one comes on but turns off. Anyone have any suggestions? I only have the one cpu power 8 pin connected because my psu doesnt have the extra 4 pin. Apparently that's not needed?Suggestions anyone please? Pretty desperate over here, my PC knowledge is pretty limited, this is my first build solo

your PC seems to have posted successfully but it was stuck on boot because there's no Windows to load, I suggest you use a different monitor since some monitors have weird issues with displaying the BIOS screen and it would skip directly to Windows, but since there's no Windows it can't do that (or it's not configured properly to boot Windows), you could try putting a Windows USB key and see if it boots into Windows Installation

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

I have a usb I set up with the win10 installed. I'll plug that in. Should I have a mouse and kayboard plugged in?

3 minutes ago, Bushpig2dope said:

I have a usb I set up with the win10 installed. I'll plug that in. Should I have a mouse and kayboard plugged in?

Doesn't matter, it should boot to the USB automatically, the boot light will turn off if it's successful

Quote people when you reply

12 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Doesn't matter, it should boot to the USB automatically, the boot light will turn off if it's successful

Quote people when you reply

Holy hell you are a god among men my friend. Used my tv and it works. You genious. Thank you so much! I owe you my happiness lol I was pretty bummed. I'll keep you posted!

18 minutes ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Holy hell you are a god among men my friend. Used my tv and it works. You genious. Thank you so much! I owe you my happiness lol I was pretty bummed. I'll keep you posted!

You're welcome :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

Just setting it all up now, all systems are a go :)

On 7/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

Just setting it all up now, all systems are a go :)

On 7/20/2019 at 8:10 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

Here are my components:

MSI X570-A PRO AM4 ATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory
Samsung 970 EVO Plus
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

I've trued using the different hdmi outputs too. CPU fan goes, gpu fan and leds, ram leds but no case fans. My ram is in the 2nd and 4th slots. Thinking of throwing the hat in and taking it to a shop to sort out. It's a bit beyond me maybe

Here are my components:

MSI X570 A PRO

Ryzen 7 3700X

Corsair Vengeance Lpx 3000mhz 8x2=16GB

No Graphic Card

The EZDEBUG is stuck on VGA and my monitor is showing no signal

I connected it using HDMI

I tried to boot windows 10 using a usb as well.

Still no response. No monitor signal

Help me out guys

20 hours ago, riding.creature said:

Here are my components:

MSI X570 A PRO

Ryzen 7 3700X

Corsair Vengeance Lpx 3000mhz 8x2=16GB

No Graphic Card

The EZDEBUG is stuck on VGA and my monitor is showing no signal

I connected it using HDMI

Most Ryzen CPUs do not have integrated graphics, unfortunately including your 3700X. The ports on the motherboard are only functional when using a CPU that has integrated graphics, typically ones ending in a "G".

All of the 7nm parts recently launched lack integrated graphics, the 3200G and 3400G APUs are based on an earlier Ryzen generation with integrated Vega graphics.

Check this information first(image):

PCI-e.jpg

Get the 8+4 pins. (Power Supply pins)

The xtra 4 pins normally not needed for other msi boards unless for extreme overclocking.

But this board needs the xtra 4 pins for the first PCI-E to post.

Most PSU dont include the xtra 4 pins, so try to get something like this (split):

4.png

I have the exact same CPU and MOBO. Had some issues in the beginning but somehow I got it to work. No clue how >_< I just kept rebooting and it suddenly worked. After I got the install done it works fine.

BUT! I have to ask you IF you've gotten it to work. Does your comp lock the RAM at 2666? I got the 3666 Corsair RAM sticks and its kinda bumming me out >_<

I also have the same CPU and MOBO and can't change the ram speed in bios as the system will not boot. It's supposed to run at 3200 but at the moment it is stuck at 2132.

Tried to activate a-xmp but that wont let the system boot even to bios.

Gigabyte removes PCIe 4.0 option from their 300 and 400 series motherboards (x470 to A320) as from F42a BIOS :

1. Update AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB
2. Improve Destiny 2 gaming compatibility
3. Remove PCIe Gen4 support when using a 3rd Gen Ryzen (Matisse) CPU

[IMG]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# similar updates may come from ASUS, MSI, and ASRock over the coming days/weeks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSI X570 gaming plus

Ryzen 3700x

1 x m2 drive in the M2_1 slot

gtx 1650

crucial  16 gb 3200 

I don’t have the extra 4 pins in as detailed above and no problems booting.

I did, however, think I had problems booting initially as there was nothing coming through the hdmi (yes, I plugged into the gpu!).

Display Port was fine though. For ages, I was wondering what I hadn’t done right.

Very annoying. Gpu is fine on another motherboard (Asus tuf gaming - i7 9700k).

I have display port for one monitor and hdmi for the other. 

Strange thing is that in Windows, the hdmi monitor is detected/visible but the monitor reports no signal.

Initially, I thought the gpu was broken and was about to return it but after testing realized that wasn’t the case and it was related to the motherboard.

Any clues?

Hi! Here are my  specs
Ryzen 5 3600 
Msi Ventus 2060 super oc
Tridentz 3000mhz 16ggb ddr4
Msi x570 a-pro motherboard
1 m.2 drive 256gb

I turn on my pc and see the ram rgb, cpu fan, case fans, gpu fans and other lights but when i plug in my hdmi i get no video output, no bios screen or anything.
I have tried breadboarding with a different gpu, 1 stick of 8gb ram, different m.2 but still nothing, have also tried 4 different monitors and tried having a windows usb drive plugged in.
Any idea why I'm getting no video output?

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2019 at 4:14 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

You sir have saved 2 people's lives, it worked for me too

On 7/20/2019 at 4:14 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

You sir have saved 2 people's lives, it worked for me

• 8 months later...

I know this is an ancient post I am reviving, so I do apologize, but it's the first result on Google for this issue so I figured I'd post the fix I just did for a client! 

I seated only one RAM stick on the 4th slot, booted with the Windows 10 installer USB, and after installing I put the 2nd RAM stick on the 2nd slot, and it booted just fine! Make sure the RAM is in all the way! This motherboard is quite difficult when it comes to telling when it's in properly. 

• 8 months later...

I'm also reviving this post to say that i had the same problem today, with a few differences:

My PSU also does not have the extra 4-pin connector, but it worked completely fine for almost an year. My DDR4's were working at 3200mhz all the time, and just today the PC rebooted itself. After a few minutes of usage, a new reboot, but this time it didn't posted. The debug led was stuck in CPU. I needed to clear the CMOS and now i'm unable to run my memories at more than 2133mhz. Tried a few speeds, but every time it reboots itself.

MoBo is a MSI X570 A-PRO. Memories are DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz (4x8gb). PSU is a Corsair CX600 and i'm not buying a better one because it's fucking expensive and hard to find right now.