Instability with Ryzen 7 3700x

I cannot figure out what's causing this.  I have a Ryzen 7 3700x, ASRock Taichi x470, and 2x16gb Crucial Ballastix 3200mhz.  When I run the memory at DOCP settings, the system crashes within a few minutes of startup, but if I run it at 2400mhz it's perfectly fine.  Is it the memory or the motherboard causing this?  I would just exchange one to check, but I bought all of this at a Microcenter 90 minutes away.  Also I did check to see the memory was in the correct slots, and that it's running at the correct timings and voltage.  It even crashes with everything else stock in the bios except the memory OC'd.

A lot of motherboards, previous generation boards especially are experiencing bios instability atm. A lot of buggy bioses with a lot of borked settings, pushing cpu voltages way too high, not enabling stable memory clocks, etc. It probably isn't your memory, it should run at xmp/docp just fine, i'd just bet it's your current motherboard bios. If you haven't, see if there is an updated bios available for your motherboard, as that may alleviate some of the problems you're currently experiencing. If not, wait for your motherboard manufacturer to release one. 

Main PC :

CPU = R9 3900X / Motherboard = Asus Crosshair 8 Hero / GPU = EVGA SC Ultra RTX 2060 / RAM = G.Skill 3600 16-19-19-39 ( 32GB / 4x8 ) / Cooling = Dark Rock Pro 4 / Storage = Western Digital Caviar Blue ( X4 ) Crucial 500GB NVME, 500GB 970 EVO/ PSU = Seasonic X-850 Modular / Case = Corsair Carbide 200R

Wireless = Asus PCE-AC56 / Keyboard & Mouse = Corsair K70 MX Blue, Logitech G203 / Headphones = Hyperx Cloud Alpha /

21 minutes ago, djw191 said:

I cannot figure out what's causing this.  I have a Ryzen 7 3700x, ASRock Taichi x470, and 2x16gb Crucial Ballastix 3200mhz.  When I run the memory at DOCP settings, the system crashes within a few minutes of startup, but if I run it at 2400mhz it's perfectly fine.  Is it the memory or the motherboard causing this?  I would just exchange one to check, but I bought all of this at a Microcenter 90 minutes away.  Also I did check to see the memory was in the correct slots, and that it's running at the correct timings and voltage.  It even crashes with everything else stock in the bios except the memory OC'd.

We don’t have the same exact motherboard but this might help. I have the ASRock x470 Master SLI/ac and was having trouble getting my memory to get past 2166mhz. After doing this I still wasn’t able to get it to 3600mhz but I got it to 3200hz.

59887037-890D-423C-93BE-9C48000C234B.png