Gtx 1660ti vs vega 56

Bjarnen

I am going to buy a new graphics card, and I have seen the comparable performance on both cards mentioned in the title. They seem to have same performance over the board, thay cost both the same price where I live, so which one do you recommend i get?

Vega 56 is more comparable to the 2060, but I'd only recommend it if your PSU can handle it. What's the make and model of your PSU?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Vega is more comparable to the 2060, but I'd only recommend it if your PSU can handle it. What's the make and model of your PSU?

According to a prior post, it's an EVGA SuperNova NEX 750W 80+ Bronze. Not a 4th of July sparkler, but also not great.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

3 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

According to a prior post, it's an EVGA SuperNova NEX 750W 80+ Bronze. Not a 4th of July sparkler, but also not great.

Even 500watts will power the system and work fine.  Look at the rating and ampage.  The 750w is a solid PSU and although its bronze its ok, she will work just fine for many years to come.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

4 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

It does have multiple PCIe cables so I'd trust it with Vega.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Vega 56 is more comparable to the 2060, but I'd only recommend it if your PSU can handle it. What's the make and model of your PSU?

I actually changed recently because the older one shorted somehow. I now got a be quiet! Pure Power 11 700W. Is it still a good idea to get the viga 56?

Just now, Bjarnen said:

I actually changed recently because the older one shorted somehow. I now got a be quiet! Pure Power 11 700W. Is it still a good idea to get the viga 56?

With the pure power 11 in your system, the Vega 56 is my recommendation.

Primary PC:

14 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

With the pure power 11 in your system, the Vega 56 is my recommendation.

OK, but coming down to the coolers. IF I were to get the gtx1660ti, would (https://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/23182/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-windforce-oc-grafikkort-6g) be a good choice and if i were to get the vega 56, would this one be good (https://www.inet.se/produkt/5408465/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-red-dragon)? 

5 minutes ago, Bjarnen said:

OK, but coming down to the coolers. IF I were to get the gtx1660ti, would (https://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/23182/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-windforce-oc-grafikkort-6g) be a good choice and if i were to get the vega 56, would this one be good (https://www.inet.se/produkt/5408465/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-red-dragon)? 

The red dragon cooler is a serious contender, it's a good pick. Windforce, on the other hand, is a basic, entry level card.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

The red dragon cooler is a serious contender, it's a good pick. Windforce, on the other hand, is a basic, entry level card.

Okay, thanks, i will probably buy it today to test. I could always return it if i find it bad (which i highly doubt). Thank you for the support:) 

1 hour ago, Bjarnen said:

I'd say neither just get an RX 5700 for the new features and running cooler than Vega 56 and all of that...

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

V56 Pulse is a good card and its the most cheap, if you go to the more expensive ones you are better of with a RX5700 

53 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I'd say neither just get an RX 5700 for the new features and running cooler than Vega 56 and all of that...

The 5700 is 800 kr more at the site posted earlier so it's pretty safe to assume that the point that the talk was about 1660ti, Vega 56 price range(~3200 kr) and not 2060 and 5700 prices(4000+ kr) while the 5700 is better than the Vega, it is a lot more expensive and most likely for most users not worth the difference.

8 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

The 5700 is 800 kr more at the site posted earlier so it's pretty safe to assume that the point that the talk was about 1660ti, Vega 56 price range(~3200 kr) and not 2060 and 5700 prices(4000+ kr) while the 5700 is better than the Vega, it is a lot more expensive and most likely for most users not worth the difference.

Prices are a lot closer in the US.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Prices are a lot closer in the US.

I agree, yes. Okay, picking up an rx 5700 instead then:P. If i were to also upgrade my cpu (currently on fx 8350 which i think i will also need to upgrade), which cpu would be good to pair it with. Would the r5 3600 be a good pick?

48 minutes ago, Bjarnen said:

I agree, yes. Okay, picking up an rx 5700 instead then:P. If i were to also upgrade my cpu (currently on fx 8350 which i think i will also need to upgrade), which cpu would be good to pair it with. Would the r5 3600 be a good pick?

Yes 3600 is more then good for what is to come. also if you dont mind fiddle around with stuff you can get a Acelero extreme 4 for the Rx5700 and have a really nice cooler on it.

1 hour ago, Bjarnen said:

Pretty much, AMD has the best value options in CPUs and GPUs right now

You can also cheat out higher performance with Navi in anything that isn't DX11 right now.

Spoiler