Thermal runaway and Ender 3

Planning to get a Ender 3 in the a some point not the pro model and was inserting if anyone knows if the Ender 3 has thermal runaway protection enabled by default in the stock firmware? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PBRYV2Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A10XQE2DVH1KCY&psc=1

Thanks

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Just now, James Evens said:

Not guaranteed. I would recommend testing it in a safe manor. 

What would be the best way to test it?

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

Pull the temperature sensor out of the heating element and wait if it trips. The moment you will pull it out the temp will rapidly fall and the heating element will go full blast. If it don't trap pull the power cord/turn it off since it will heat faster then you can reinsert the temperature probe.

There is no grantee that this won't damage the printer but I would say the risk is low as I have experienced exactly this problem in the past and I can tell you the probe falling out of the block but still touching it is more dangerous then it become totally disconnected from the block. 

Thanks will test when I get the printer.