Turning wired earbuds (IE80) into wireless

Infernalz

I've had my pair of Sennheiser IE80 for years now, and now that I have a phone with no 3.5mm jack I'm looking for a way to make them wireless. I have a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter for now but I'm quickly realizing how much nicer a wireless set up would be. I could just get a wireless set of something cheap and go from there but I really just want to use the same ear buds (IEMs) that I like. Is this even possible? They do have a removable cable so there has to be something.

YES, there are little devices called Bluetooth Receivers (some can even be switched into transmitters) like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IV1H1ME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you simply plug your wired headphones into this device and BANG your headphones are now Bluetooth.

I went this route when I got my laptop in late 2017 and the headphone jack was on the "wrong side" from where it needed to be with where my laptop sits while I work.

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

YES, there are little devices called Bluetooth Receivers (some can even be switched into transmitters) like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IV1H1ME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you simply plug your wired headphones into this device and BANG your headphones are now Bluetooth.

I went this route when I got my laptop in late 2017 and the headphone jack was on the "wrong side" from where it needed to be with where my laptop sits while I work.

I mean that's cool, but not what I'm looking for. I need to get wired ear buds bluetooth connected to a phone, not headphones to a tv/car (for what the page shows it doing).

6 minutes ago, Infernalz said:

I mean that's cool, but not what I'm looking for. I need to get wired ear buds bluetooth connected to a phone, not headphones to a tv/car (for what the page shows it doing).

that one works in several ways, you set it to the RX position on the toggle switch plug your headphones into it and pair it to your phone and BAM your wired headphones are now bluetooth headphones. I've used this thing for nearly 2 years for exactly the purpose you described.

those pictures are just some EXAMPLES of what it can do, it can function as a transmitter or a receiver as a receiver it does what you want, the power button doubles as a Play/Pause button, you LONG PRESS to turn volume up or down on those buttons and short press of those buttons functions as a track skip.

I litterally used this exact device for 2 years to make my wired headphones bluetooth so I can pair them to the bluetooth of my phone or the bluetooth in my laptop.

as much as I love sennheiser I wish they didn't make their cable proprietary mmcx exists for a reason that would have made this so much easier with something like this https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Bluetooth-Resistance-Microphone/dp/B07NDN1NGZ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3NPS8DE1SQN2T&keywords=mmcx+bluetooth&qid=1562880495&s=gateway&sprefix=mmxc+blu%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-3.

but for my IEMs I use a fiio ubtr and shove the cable under my shirt or sweater and into my pocket does almost as good of a job as a wireless pair. 

26 minutes ago, rice guru said:

shove the cable under my shirt or sweater and into my pocket does almost as good of a job as a wireless pair. 

thats what I do with the one I linked above

5 hours ago, rice guru said:

as much as I love sennheiser I wish they didn't make their cable proprietary mmcx exists for a reason that would have made this so much easier with something like this https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Bluetooth-Resistance-Microphone/dp/B07NDN1NGZ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3NPS8DE1SQN2T&keywords=mmcx+bluetooth&qid=1562880495&s=gateway&sprefix=mmxc+blu%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-3.

but for my IEMs I use a fiio ubtr and shove the cable under my shirt or sweater and into my pocket does almost as good of a job as a wireless pair. 

That's exactly what I'm looking for, too bad on the proprietary cable though. I'll have to look around and see if anyone came close enough in that design. The problem with some thing like a fiio ubrt is that it's no better than just using the 3.5mm to USB-C adapter I have now with shoving the cable down my shirt that pulls on the buds when I do anything.

1 minute ago, Infernalz said:

That's exactly what I'm looking for, too bad on the proprietary cable though. I'll have to look around and see if anyone came close enough in that design. The problem with some thing like a fiio ubrt is that it's no better than just using the 3.5mm to USB-C adapter I have now with shoving the cable down my shirt that pulls on the buds when I do anything.

nah i get you you can probably pfind an adapter from the propietary sennheisser cable to mmcx

13 hours ago, Infernalz said:

You may have to get an mmcx bluetooth adapter, and lop off the connectors and replace them.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)