Best iPhone Battery Life?

Aliairstinger

Which iPhone has the best battery life? I don't plan to get an iPhone but if it comes to it, I want one with the best battery life.

iPhone XR, but it has a low res screen (thats why its life is good)

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

The XR, because of the lower quality of the screen. It features a quality CLOSER to 720p then the XS or X. That's not to say everything you see will be 720p. The pixel density is higher than it's family, so as long as the quality of the video or image is higher than 720, or preferably 1080p+ it will look normal. The different screen also has less vivid blacks due to its LCD screen. 

The XS max has an OLED screen, so if you use less brightness and the upcoming dark mode, you MAY get better or the same battery life as the XR. 

This is a super google-able question. You'll find a lot of comparisons between phones. 

I have an XR and I like it. It's 300 dollars less than the XS for meh differences. 

Thoughts become things. What you hold in your mind, you will hold in your hand. 

Be happy for yourself.

My rig :) :

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tX4hWD

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive   
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  
GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB AORUS Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  
Monitor: AOC - G2770PQU 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard 
Mouse: Corsair - Sabre RGB Wired Optical Mouse  
Custom: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 250 ohms 

1 minute ago, D1Wolfgang said:

The XR, because of the lower quality of the screen. It features a quality CLOSER to 720p then the XS or X. That's not to say everything you see will be 720p. The pixel density is higher than it's family, so as long as the quality of the video or image is higher than 720, or preferably 1080p+ it will look normal.

uhh. I have an XR and youtube 1080p is indistinguishable. the screen is like 828p, close to 720 than to 1080.

also, my friend has a 7 pro, and I like that one better, as its a lot smoother when scrolling, and the blacks are so much better, and everything is sharper, but it doesn't have ios. rip.

battery life is forever though on the XR. never had it run out, when I get back home, i still have like 50%

4 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

uhh. I have an XR and youtube 1080p is indistinguishable. the screen is like 828p, close to 720 than to 1080.

also, my friend has a 7 pro, and I like that one better, as its a lot smoother when scrolling, and the blacks are so much better, and everything is sharper, but it doesn't have ios. rip.

battery life is forever though on the XR. never had it run out, when I get back home, i still have like 50%

I didn't mean 1080p looks bad, I misspoke.

And yeah, if a phone doesn't have IOS, I don't consider it. Sorry, other brands, but you're too clunky.

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  

8 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

I didn't mean 1080p looks bad, I misspoke.

And yeah, if a phone doesn't have IOS, I don't consider it. Sorry, other brands, but you're too clunky.

Clunky? also, what is it about IOS that makes people never quit?

2 minutes ago, Aliairstinger said:

Clunky? also, what is it about IOS that makes people never quit?

The interface is SO much better than any other phone. I pick up an iPhone, straightforward, you have what you need on the screen with a few gestures or obvious search/menu/accessibility screens, but I pick up an android and I get lost in blocks, pages, swipes, built-in search bars, etc. I say "I" But it's everyone. IOS>Anything for interface, which makes up for if the hardware is lacking.

Oh, plus, with many androids, you can't update it. or you shouldn't. With IOS you get a guaranteed 3 years for upgrades but it's usually around 5.

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

The interface is SO much better than any other phone. I pick up an iPhone, straightforward, you have what you need on the screen with a few gestures or obvious search/menu/accessibility screens, but I pick up an android and I get lost in blocks, pages, swipes, built-in search bars, etc. I say "I" But it's everyone. IOS>Anything for interface, which makes up for if the hardware is lacking.

Oh, plus, with many androids, you can't update it. or you shouldn't. With IOS you get a guaranteed 3 years for upgrades but it's usually around 5.

the updates I agree with but the interface is honestly the same. I got my first smartphone and I found it really easy to use. Keep in mind I came from an iPod and basically all Apple products and this is before I became tech savvy.

Just now, Aliairstinger said:

the updates I agree with but the interface is honestly the same. I got my first smartphone and I found it really easy to use. Keep in mind I came from an iPod and basically all Apple products and this is before I became tech savvy.

I disagree with the fact that they're the same. 

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler

Just now, D1Wolfgang said:

I disagree with the fact that they're the same. 

Yes, it's not exactly the same, but it's really similar.

On 7/9/2019 at 9:50 PM, D1Wolfgang said:

My old 5s is getting 6 years :). The thing I like about ios is that it just works plain and simple. Never had great experiences with Android. All mine have shat themselves after a year and a half or less.

iPhone Xr doesn't have a low quality screen. It's in fact one of the best IPS Displays on the market in any smartphone right now.

It completely destroys for example the Pocophone Display.

Source:

So many People could not tell the difference between the 326 ppi (iPhone Xr) and the 400~ ppi (Pocophone, 1080p), but the image quality was way better.

Too many tend to think the Displayquality is ONLY the resolution, which is bullshit. That's just 1 single part of a whole thing. Contrast, Color accuracy, max and min brightness, etc are also a thing.

Ignore stupid worthless Numbers on a specsheet. Take it in your hand, and look at it with your own Eyes.

When i had the Xr in my Hand, and an Xs / Xs Max besides, i did literaly not see a sharpness difference. But i wasn't looking for it, i was simply looking at it normally, and navigating through the UI.

If you hold them side by side, go very close, yes you might see a difference.

Also, keep in Mind: 326 "paper"-ppi with an ips screen are NOT compareable with 401 "paper"-ppi from an Oled 1080p screen, which most Androids has.

Oled has 2 subpixels per Pixel, instead of 3. So the "real" sharpness would not be 400 ppi, but more like 340-350 ppi~. Just barely sharper than the iPhone Xr.

But funny, noone is really bothered there. Why on the iPhone?

Just because they look at the number, and think it has to be a huge difference. it's not.

Numbers don't matter... Try it for yourself, and then make your own decision based on what YOU see.