need help deciding on a phone - asus zenfone 6 vs redmi k20 pro

I can't decide on which phone to buy.my budget only allows me to go up to 500 dollars or so and considering this restriction, I've got 3 options 

1.one plus 7 

2.asus zenfone 6

3.redmi k20 pro/mi 9t

edit: I live in India so my options will be limited to that region. 

camera/video, audio, ui is a bit important to me

I don't like Bluetooth earphones and due to the notch one plus is out of the options

both Asus and k20 pro are value-flagships, good construction, etc

Asus adv

-good ui

-good audio

-good camera

-bigger battery(5k vs 4k mah)

-micro sd slot, dual speaker

k20 pro adv

-better screen

-faster charging 

confusion

-I prefer stock android and would love to go with Asus however Asus has an LCD whereas k20 pro which is a bit cheaper has a Samsung AMOLED screen with hardware dimming

(NOTE: both have 600 nits peak brightness and are hdr)

-I could possibly root k20 pro but that's not something id prefer to do as I'm not sure about warranty. I need the phone now and currently, there are no custom ROMs for it on xda that can be used as daily drivers!

which one should I buy?

any help is appreciated!

I've got the Xiaomi mi 9 se, the best phone I've owned. I don't know how much this phone costs in your country because I don't know where you live. But maybe you can check this phone out, its amazing especially the camera. 

2 minutes ago, TheTallGuy said:

I've got the Xiaomi mi 9 se, the best phone I've owned. I don't know how much this phone costs in your country because I don't know where you live. But maybe you can check this phone out, its amazing especially the camera. 

xiaomi hasn't launched that phone in India. k20 pro is global mi 9t (sorry i should've mentioned it before)

I just got the Oneplus 7 Pro last week Wednesday and so far I have no complaints. My previous phone was a Oneplus 3T which has lasted quite a while and showed no signs of slowing down, just a little wear and tear on the usb port.

There's also no notch on it.

Motorola G7 (not the play or power variant but the top end one)

I've had many, many phones from many, many brands... and the G series have been far and away the best price to performance I could find. although they're considered 'budget' phones they more like mid range ones and have features not found on phones in the same price bracket.

But the best thing about them is the complete lack of bloatware... No android overlays, only a few motorla apps that can't be uninstalled... it's as close to a vanilla android experience outside of Google Pixel phones. and it's on android 9.0 Pie

That alone is reason enough to own one... I can overlook a lot of shortcomings for that near vanilla experience. I loathe bloat, I loathe overlays and I loathe that the major brands don't give a shit about security and updating their handsets after the next model is out.

The only downside tot he G7 is the tiny notch on the screen... it's much bigger on the play/power versions

I'd be using the G7 right now except for the fact that my G5S+ that's not quite 2yrs old is doing just fine and I see no reason to upgrade it just yet... and that aforementioned notch.

I'll probably be upgrading tot he G8 next year... A few friends have the G7 and it's good.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

1 hour ago, NinJake said:

I just got the Oneplus 7 Pro last week Wednesday and so far I have no complaints. My previous phone was a Oneplus 3T which has lasted quite a while and showed no signs of slowing down, just a little wear and tear on the usb port.

There's also no notch on it.

its out of my budget and even if it wasnt i still wouldnt buy it since it doesnt have a headphone jack.one of the best phones out there otherwise

9 minutes ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

Motorola G7 (not the play or power variant but the top end one)

I've had many, many phones from many, many brands... and the G series have been far and away the best price to performance I could find. although they're considered 'budget' phones they more like mid range ones and have features not found on phones in the same price bracket.

But the best thing about them is the complete lack of bloatware... No android overlays, only a few motorla apps that can't be uninstalled... it's as close to a vanilla android experience outside of Google Pixel phones. and it's on android 9.0 Pie

That alone is reason enough to own one... I can overlook a lot of shortcomings for that near vanilla experience. I loathe bloat, I loathe overlays and I loathe that the major brands don't give a shit about security and updating their handsets after the next model is out.

The only downside tot he G7 is the tiny notch on the screen... it's much bigger on the play/power versions

I'd be using the G7 right now except for the fact that my G5S+ that's not quite 2yrs old is doing just fine and I see no reason to upgrade it just yet... and that aforementioned notch.

I'll probably be upgrading tot he G8 next year... A few friends have the G7 and it's good.

I assume you don't live in India. I've had a Lenovo phone(moto in a way) which was managed by moto team in India and had stock android as well, however, the hardware wasn't great and they managed to screw up the stock software as well somehow.

I've chosen Asus as my primary because its almost stock like with extra features(kinda like one plus oxygen os) and is in Google beta program and has promised updates till r at least. snapdragon 855, faster storage, cameras will be a big compromise :/

i could flash custom rom on the k20 pro and hence the confusion. thanks for the reply tho :)

It would help if you gave that kind of information in the original post... some phones aren't available in some regions and some may not even bother replying if they don't know where you are.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

2 minutes ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

It would help if you gave that kind of information in the original post... some phones aren't available in some regions and some may not even bother replying if they don't know where you are.

my bad.thanks for the info.

edit: included the area in the main post

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Take the Zenfone 6

All of its advantages far outweigh the oled screen. It supports quick charge 4.0 and doesn't need to be charged as often because 5,000mAh battery.

Its only glaring downside is the old school fingerprint sensor on the back.

If you plan to heavily rely on face unlock, you should avoid mechanically activated front camera.

Apart from the camera mechanism, the Zenfone 6 simply screams longevity. The superior chipset will brute force its way through accumulated junk, and large battery allows it to hold a good charge after many charging cycles. As such the phone is designed to keep at bay the two biggest reasons that push people to replace their device.

thanks for the reply but you might have some info incorrect

zenfone has 5k mah battery but 18 watts charging

k20 pro has 4k mah but 27 watts charging (amoled also uses less power)

both have snapdragon 855.

i like the old fp sensor and i dont care about face unlock anyway