The new Lathe and Mill

Dalec

Hey guys, I was watching the new video regarding the workshop. And the Lathe and mill stood out. They are both the correct brand, and I saw markings on them that look exactly like the set that was in my Grandfathers metal shop. When he passed away we sold them to pay off his debts and Grandmas house. Is there any chance if anyone from LTT sees this, if they could ask the company that bought this stuff if it came from Utah in the US. If they did there is no doubt in my mind that they are his old machines, i am pretty sure they are, I would recognize those machines anywhere I spent hundreds of hours working with him next to them, and it would be awesome to know the machines have gone to someone who will use them on cool projects again.

Edit- I could also identify them pretty easily from photos, there are just not many good angles in the video 

@ anyone who will see this

There is no spoon.

@Slick @James @GabenJr @nicklmg @jakkuh_t

Please someone notice 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 hours ago, Dalec said:

Hey guys, I was watching the new video regarding the workshop. And the Lathe and mill stood out. They are both the correct brand, and I saw markings on them that look exactly like the set that was in my Grandfathers metal shop. When he passed away we sold them to pay off his debts and Grandmas house. Is there any chance if anyone from LTT sees this, if they could ask the company that bought this stuff if it came from Utah in the US. If they did there is no doubt in my mind that they are his old machines, i am pretty sure they are, I would recognize those machines anywhere I spent hundreds of hours working with him next to them, and it would be awesome to know the machines have gone to someone who will use them on cool projects again.

Edit- I could also identify them pretty easily from photos, there are just not many good angles in the video 

Not sure about where we got them from (Alex question) but I could go snap some photos at some point if that would help. Do you recall any distinguishing features I should look out for?

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

59 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

Not sure about where we got them from (Alex question) but I could go snap some photos at some point if that would help. Do you recall any distinguishing features I should look out for?

Get Alex on the horn!

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Posting in a potentially epic thread. :D@AlexTheGreatish

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I wonder if @AlexTheGreatish will see this ?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Followed... I want to see how this turns out!

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

Followed as well, this is very interesting!

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Lol, so many people followed this

4 hours ago, CUDAcores89 said:

If neither of these things look farmiliar, there is a good chance this was not your old grandpas mill.

Not disagreeing with you, but it is possible some extra paint scratches and bumps were caused by shipping and handling.

OP, what did you guys make on the mill? Any photos or cool stories to share?

Got them both from a used industrial supply reseller here in BC.  Although there is a chance they came from afar, I'd imagine they are from here in BC.

5 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Got them both from a used industrial supply reseller here in BC.  Although there is a chance they came from afar, I'd imagine they are from here in BC.

You'ld be surprised how far some of that old machinery can travel. I follow a couple of machinist's channels and they source their machinery from all over the SSA.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!