Navi/Ryzen 3000 launch Megathread

LukeSavenije
20 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Why is X570 AORUS Pro WiFi cheaper than non-WiFi version?! WTF? I've compared both and there is just difference in WiFi and some USB ports iirc. And 40€ price difference in favor of WiFi version...

Yeah, and it's the best wifi module on the market with a real antenna instead of the bunny ears that most mobos come with. The price is pretty accurate. Now, if you'll never need wifi, then the obvious choice is the cheaper one. But if you do need wifi, it's the same price difference or cheaper than a good PCIe or USB wifi antenna

17 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Yeah, and it's the best wifi module on the market with a real antenna instead of the bunny ears that most mobos come with. The price is pretty accurate. Now, if you'll never need wifi, then the obvious choice is the cheaper one. But if you do need wifi, it's the same price difference or cheaper than a good PCIe or USB wifi antenna

No, they seem exactly the same, but the one WITH wifi is 40€ cheaper. How does that make any kind of sense?

24 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

No, they seem exactly the same, but the one WITH wifi is 40€ cheaper [...]

I just looked them up, there are some significant differences. The Pro Wifi seems to be a mini ITX board whereas the Pro is an ATX board. There also seem to be differences in the VRM specs etc

47 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

No, they seem exactly the same, but the one WITH wifi is 40€ cheaper. How does that make any kind of sense?

I can't even find anyone selling the pro non wifi in the States. None of the major etailers are, Microcenter isn't, and Frys isn't. Might be a (relatively)low volume part meant primarily for OEMs. Can you toss a link?

On 7/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, mr moose said:

That graph has to be wrong, the TDP is only 105W and it says over 170W, DID AMD LIE!!!!!!1!!!     ??

tdp is the heat it outputs at stock not how much power it draws when overclocked

4 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

tdp is the heat it outputs at stock not how much power it draws when overclocked

I was pointing out an Independence  discrepancy within certain attitudes towards Intel's TDP ratings by some members of this forum. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hey guys, rumors are starting to float around that <12core SKU's might still contain 2 CCD's with some cores disabled.

Typically <12core SKU's have half the memory write performance since AMD cheaped out a little on the memory controller, but some reviews have 3700X's almost matching 3900X in memory write speed.

TPU thread bringing up the issue

Review showing 3700X performing similar to 3900X in mem write performance

What are your thoughts on this guys? Anyone feel like delidding his 3600/3700/3800 so we can get a decent sample size going ???

GAMING PC CPU: AMD 3800X Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT MESHIFY 2 XL DARK TG Cooling: EK Velocity + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC35 II
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT H700 White

11 minutes ago, CiBi said:

Typically <12core SKU's have half the memory write performance since AMD cheaped out a little on the memory controller, but some reviews have 3700X's almost matching 3900X in memory write speed.

It's not the memory controller, the IMC is the same across all of them. The difference comes from the half width IF link between the CCD and IOD meaning asymmetric bandwidth, with 2 CCDs meaning 2 IF links to the IOD it is possible to saturate the IMC/memory bandwidth for writes.

AMD did this to lower power consumption of the IOD otherwise it would eat in to the power budget for the CPU cores causing lower clocks.

As to the rumor, I doubt it. AMD doesn't want to have imbalanced products, like Ryzen 1000/2000. Probably an anomaly with the test software.

I asked EK what their thoughts are on current CPU waterblock designs and the layout of the new zen2 CPU’s and apparantly they are testing that out.

Might be interesting to some of us.

9A724EA0-BF5B-4C99-BA78-385782C82440.png

GAMING PC CPU: AMD 3800X Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT MESHIFY 2 XL DARK TG Cooling: EK Velocity + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC35 II
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT H700 White