RTX 2070 Discontinued?

NagorT

Now that Nvidia is discontinuing the RTX 2070, does that mean they will no longer provide an update for the drivers on it? Also if they aren't going to support it, how do I get my money back and refund it for an RTX 2070 Super?

No.
Drivers work on an architecture design, not singular card models. you're not suddenly going to lose driver update support. Support for GPU's span back several generations for Nvidia, and once they reach End Of Life (EOL), Nvidia has legacy support, you'll still be able to find the drivers for your card (though, without continuing updated driver support) for your cards.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Thats not how it works you don't get a refund. They just won't manufacture any new ones, as is typical with every other computer component once its replaced with a newer version. You don't get a free upgrade. Driver support does not go away. 

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

IANAL, but if they dropped driver support on their cards just like that, I'd be surprised there isn't a class action lawsuit filed against them by now. Rest easy, it should be good with support for several years.

I could understand the buyer's remorse, but you've been happily using it since you bought it right? Don't get too caught up. Unless you bought it 5 days ago, and are still viable for a return, just enjoy it. You could try to sell it to someone looking for a cheap 2070. At least get some money towards a new one.

Thoughts become things. What you hold in your mind, you will hold in your hand. 

Be happy for yourself.

My rig :) :

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tX4hWD

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive   
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  
GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB AORUS Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  
Monitor: AOC - G2770PQU 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard 
Mouse: Corsair - Sabre RGB Wired Optical Mouse  
Custom: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 250 ohms 

awesome. I'm realizing now that kinda a stupid question to ask, but I didn't know and now I do so thank you.

4 minutes ago, NagorT said:

awesome. I'm realizing now that kinda a stupid question to ask, but I didn't know and now I do so thank you.

It's cool. Have an epic gamer night B)

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  

7 minutes ago, NagorT said:

Nobody starts out knowing everything. While yes, it is a rather silly question in the scheme of things, it's a starting point. You didn't know, so you asked, and now you have an answer. You're interested in your technologies, use that to learn more. That's how most, if not all of us came to be part of this forum; exchange information, teach others, and learn from those that know more than us.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

5 minutes ago, Semper said:

Nobody starts out knowing everything. While yes, it is a rather silly question in the scheme of things, it's a starting point. You didn't know, so you asked, and now you have an answer. You're interested in your technologies, use that to learn more. That's how most, if not all of us came to be part of this forum; exchange information, teach others, and learn from those that know more than us.

I haven't met a mean person here. I've met sarcastic or snappy people, but they aren't mean. lol

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, D1Wolfgang said:

I haven't met a mean person here. I've met sarcastic or snappy people, but they aren't mean. lol

Generally, the people that are mean are the ones that think they know more than they do.

The only other instances I can think of to warrant being mean is when someone is repeatedly projecting false information and doesn't listen to reason/ shows an unwillingness to stop being a moron, or somebody is too dense to see past their own logic and listen to reason, I've had both happen here and sometimes you just have to

Spoiler

agNb4EF.jpg

and move on.

2 hours ago, Semper said:

Generally, the people that are mean are the ones that think they know more than they do.

The only other instances I can think of to warrant being mean is when someone is repeatedly projecting false information and doesn't listen to reason/ shows an unwillingness to stop being a moron, or somebody is too dense to see past their own logic and listen to reason, I've had both happen here and sometimes you just have to

Reveal hidden contents

agNb4EF.jpg

and move on.

here's another for your collection LMAO

savage.jpg

Be happy for yourself.

Spoiler