Can I upgrade my HP Probook 6570b's CPU?

I have a HP Probook 6570b with an i5-3380M. I recently opened it up and found it was pretty easy to take the cpu out. I wanted to know if I was able to replace my cpu and if I can, which one can I replace it with. I checked Intel's website and it supports the FCBGA1023 and FCPGA988 sockets. I'm assuming my laptop has the FCPGA988 socket as the cpu is not soldered to the motherboard.

If the CPU isn't soldered onto the MoBo and you know what compatible CPU replacement to get then I'd don't see any reason to not go for it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

On 7/4/2019 at 7:22 AM, ThatWeirdAndrew said:

I have a HP Probook 6570b with an i5-3380M. I recently opened it up and found it was pretty easy to take the cpu out. I wanted to know if I was able to replace my cpu and if I can, which one can I replace it with. I checked Intel's website and it supports the FCBGA1023 and FCPGA988 sockets. I'm assuming my laptop has the FCPGA988 socket as the cpu is not soldered to the motherboard.

Probook 6570B will use Socket G2 CPUs (PGA998B). My Elitebook 8470P originally came with an ivybridge i5, but that got swapped out with an i7 3630QM, then to an i7 3720QM, - plus for a brief period, a sandybridge i5, (because I could).

You should be able to upgrade to a quadcore sandy or ivy socket G2 i7. Also, make sure you have a HP 90W charger, because the computer will slow itself down if it sees a 65W charger