Amazon currency converter or bank rate?

Go to solution Solved by demonix00,

The banks currency converter would be close to the actual rate (from my experience but it might not be the same for all), but I wouldn't know how close Amazons would be so I would suggest using a site like xe.com to convert the price and if the converted price that Amazon charges is exactly the same or close I would suggest using that as you would avoid any conversion charges from your bank as your account would be charged in your currency and not the stores local currency.

Should I use the amazon UK currency converter or the bank (bank is AIB they have a charge of 1.75% up to a max of €6.25) thanks Ben

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

The banks currency converter would be close to the actual rate (from my experience but it might not be the same for all), but I wouldn't know how close Amazons would be so I would suggest using a site like xe.com to convert the price and if the converted price that Amazon charges is exactly the same or close I would suggest using that as you would avoid any conversion charges from your bank as your account would be charged in your currency and not the stores local currency.

7 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Thank you will follow your advice then

the XE.com site says that it converts to 1,317.63 whereas amazon UK converts it EUR 1.404,31

(AIB Bank charges a 1.75%fee to a max of 6.25 and a min of 1.75%) which. I will problem use the Bank exchange rate for my stuff...

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ?