How to get > FIRST < Job...... As cyber security ??? Or programming at all??

WolfLoverPro

Yep..... another essay that took not even long to type but probably has a lot of grammar shit and uh spelling mistake so lol but uh yeah....... here it is 

BE PREPARED 

Wanna job in any programming really but cyber

security I like sound of or maybe it’s cuz u play watch digs and watch every hacker movie ....... yeah lol 

Basically I sound like a wanna be hacker lol but I get cyber security isn’t just hacking well it’s protecting but whatever lol I like programming..... oh I mean I don’t know any languages at all but I like it LOL 

I’ve always been into computers plus I build them and stuff so yeah that’s why I want a job but programming I like look of most than building them and stuff like setting up networks servers yeah..... 

I tried learning c++ few years ago on my own recently tried Keane python but I just keep not carrying on and give up but I want a job in programming so idk wtf I’m doing really 

Plus Let’s be realistic. I’m 18 and I live in a country side where there’s no jobs near me especially bloody cyber security so it’s not a realistic goal tbh so tbh I don’t think there a point achieving cyber security is there? Cuz obviously I need money to move house lol

Maybe programming but not cyber security near me :(

So yeah. Idk 

From what I know python is good to learn as first because it’s used ALOT even in cyber security so I should learn that no matter what job programming I get ? 

I didn’t learn any programming at college cuz they didn’t teach that shit >:[ 

So I gotta learn myself basically unless I probably pay which again I don’t have money lol so I’m fuked really 

Idk what to do? Anyone can suggest what I should do with my life ᕕ( ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)ᕗ 

Like I mean lol what’s the best job to get as a literally first job ? I’ve never had a job before so idk how to actually get a job tbh especially programming if I’ve never even got a qualification dammit damn damn? 

Help me? 

I know it’s a common sense but yeah idk lol 

I finished college I know I can prob go back or uni but it’s just where I live is a bitch for jobs in computing and also nowhere near me teaches fokin cyber security plus programming full stop idiots :((((((( 

My life’s runined 

I get you can learn from home........ but then don’t you have to create a good damn app or make Somthing in code to show an employer if you got no qualification to actually get hired ? Like a good app or Somthing ? 

Uhh idk literally 

I was gonna learn 

Python
Php
HTML
SQL
Java or was it JavaScript for cyber lol 
Yeah...... them 

But I started on python and just I just give up for no reason 

A lot will say not wanting it enough I mean maybe.... but then maybe I just need someone to do it with me as in college classes? Idk 

What would you suggest I do? Try my best to find a college or uni 

Or learn from home and work out how the hell im meant to learn cyber security form home and hope I get a job without qualification and not that there’s any pace literally near me that does cyber security YES I searched ALLLLL JOB WEBSITES :(

There’s none!!!!! 

There’s a few programmig jobs but seriously not a damn lot man

I would say nowadays you need a degree in programming to get started anywhere. I'd say good locations for a job are bank or government.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

You sure you are 18? I swear I saw your birthday was like 2005 or something in your profile somewhere. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

What country are you in? Currently the U.S. there are more Cybersecurity jobs than there are people to fill the positions, but I'm assuming you're not in the U.S.

College is your best bet. No company wants to hire someone to protect their data that has no experience. Look into online courses (and make sure they are legit) if there are no universities near you.

Maybe get a job as IT helpdesk to start your career?

CompTIA Security+ exam (and others) will help your resume look more attractive to employers. Beware that these are expensive, but will pay themselves off very fast.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

6 minutes ago, wasab said:

You sure you are 18? I swear I saw your birthday was like 2005 or something in your profile somewhere. 

Lol well when I joined the website I might of beeeeeennnnnn hmmmm ¯\_( ͡⟃ ͜ʖ ⟄)_/¯ not 18 ? 

but that  dont mean i didn’t need my bloody pc questions answered does it lol 

plus I mean what’s wrong with a person under 18 asking questions about pcs? ¯\_( ͡⟃ ͜ʖ ⟄)_/¯ 

well im 18 now ? sooooooo ¯\_( ͡⟃ ͜ʖ ⟄)_/¯

5 minutes ago, Votivee said:

What country are you in? Currently the U.S. there are more Cybersecurity jobs than there are people to fill the positions, but I'm assuming you're not in the U.S.

College is your best bet. No company wants to hire someone to protect their data that has no experience. Look into online courses (and make sure they are legit) if there are no universities near you.

Maybe get a job as IT helpdesk to start your career?

CompTIA Security+ exam (and others) will help your resume look more attractive to employers. Beware that these are expensive, but will pay themselves off very fast.

He lives in UK

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

that feel when you think Cyber sec is watch dogs and hacking movies oof boy ur in for a huge surprise 

3 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

that feel when you think Cyber sec is watch dogs and hacking movies oof boy ur in for a huge surprise 

Be careful what you say

IMA REAL HACKER 

███████████████████████████████
████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬████
██╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬██
█╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█
█╬╬╬███████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███████╬╬╬█
█╬╬██╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬██╬╬█
█╬██╬╬╬╬╬╬╬██╬╬╬╬╬██╬╬╬╬╬╬╬██╬█
█╬╬╬╬█████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█████╬╬╬╬█
█╬╬█████████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█████████╬╬█
█╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█
█╬╬╬▓▓▓▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓▓▓▓╬╬╬█
█╬╬▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╬█╬╬╬█╬╬╬█╬╬▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╬█
█╬╬╬▓▓▓▓╬╬██╬╬╬█╬╬╬██╬╬▓▓▓▓╬╬╬█
█╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬██╬╬╬╬█╬╬╬╬██╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█
█╬╬╬╬╬████╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬████╬╬╬╬╬█
█╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█
██╬╬█╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█╬╬██
██╬╬██╬╬╬╬╬╬███████╬╬╬╬╬╬██╬╬██
██╬╬▓███╬╬╬████╬████╬╬╬███▓╬╬██
███╬╬▓▓███████╬╬╬███████▓▓╬╬███
███╬╬╬╬▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╬╬╬███
████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬████
█████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█████
██████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬██████
███████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███████
████████╬╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬╬╬████████
█████████╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬╬█████████
███████████╬╬╬╬█╬╬╬╬███████████
████████████████████████████

In watch dogs 2 hard mode and I watch mr robot and I watch west world SO YEHHHH....

( ͡° ͜V ͡°). (ᴗ ͜ʖ ᴗ).    ᕕ( ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)ᕗ

If hacking/ protecting systems against attacks is your thing, you should first learn how networks work. Start understanding the OSI model and its different layers and then move forward looking at the different protocols in use. That should give you an idea how things work and help to determine whether you still like all that.
I believe there are some Cisco certificates you can get in that field, those might be helpful for finding a job in that field (not sure though, please check with people who know more about it than I do)

Have you looked into the military jobs?

For example, the German military searches desperately people with Bachelor computer science degrees. You can do a lot like cybersecurity and IT Forensics. A student colleague even does IT forensics as a reservist because they do not have enough people. It even goes so far that EU citizens can now apply for IT jobs and as a physician  in Germany military.

I assume your military has similar opportunities?

1 hour ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Wanna job in any programming really but cyber

security I like sound of or maybe it’s cuz u play watch digs and watch every hacker movie ....... yeah lol 

Without any experience programming or doing any type of pentesting or hacking... Good luck. 

Why'd you stop learning C? Why don't you start taking online classes for programming languages? Maybe google "HOW DO I CODE THIS THING???" and start there? 

This honestly sounds like a lack of motivation to me, and if you're not interested in it, you won't be happy with it.

I wanted to learn how to build robots at age 13, so I joined a robotics club with a friend of mine and worked my way up to being on a top 5 team in North America for u18 Robot design and build.

You want to do something you like? Put effort and energy into it. Just start doing it.

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

American CIA can use talents like yours. Go to your local us embassy and tell them you want to work for the CIA cyber unit. 

Sudo make me a sandwich