No sound on PC when using external speakers on TV

gascat100

Hello everyone,

So currently I have no sound playing through my speakers while using my PC. My PC is currently connected to my LG tv with a sound bar plugged into the HDMI ARC port on the TV.

The sound works fine when I play it through the TVs internal speakers (the sound bar also works fine while using my PS4 through my tv), but it will not play through my sound bar and it is driving me insane.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Have you set the TV to output sound through the sound bar?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Have you set the TV to output sound through the sound bar?

Yes I have. Normally the sound bar works just fine. Only when I use a PC does it get screwed up. 

One thing that might be worth mentioning, I am using a display port to HDMI cable. DP from the computer to HDMI in the TV (the cable can transmit sound as the TV internal speakers work normally, just not the sound bar).

1 hour ago, gascat100 said:

Yes I have. Normally the sound bar works just fine. Only when I use a PC does it get screwed up. 

One thing that might be worth mentioning, I am using a display port to HDMI cable. DP from the computer to HDMI in the TV (the cable can transmit sound as the TV internal speakers work normally, just not the sound bar).

Are you able to hook an HDMI cable directly from the PC to the soundbar, just to make sure that the PC can even send sound through the soundbar, to rule that out? (No idea why that would be the case - I wouldn't expect it to be, but it might be worth checking out.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)