Problem with Apple TV and projector

Hello! I bought an Apple TV 4K yesterday and when I use it with my projector I encounter problems.. I have a hdmi switch where my Apple TV,ps3 and PS4 is connected and the switch goes from a hdmi to vga adapter to my projector. The issue is that when I start the Apple TV the projector says “no signal”. To use the Apple TV I need to start the ps3 and then plug out the hdmi to vga adapter and then plug it back in and then I receive signal from the Apple TV, what’s the problem? Bad hdmi to vga adapter?

Watches and computers                    

On 6/20/2019 at 6:58 AM, smiles rising said:

Hello! I bought an Apple TV 4K yesterday and when I use it with my projector I encounter problems.. I have a hdmi switch where my Apple TV,ps3 and PS4 is connected and the switch goes from a hdmi to vga adapter to my projector. The issue is that when I start the Apple TV the projector says “no signal”. To use the Apple TV I need to start the ps3 and then plug out the hdmi to vga adapter and then plug it back in and then I receive signal from the Apple TV, what’s the problem? Bad hdmi to vga adapter?

For the record it could be a HDCP issue. HDCP is to prevent people from stealing content. Seeing how HDMI supports HDCP and VGA does not, that could be the issue. According to what I see on Google, services like Netflix require HDCP to be present. Also take in to account HDMI is a digital interface while VGA is old school analogue. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 6/23/2019 at 4:04 PM, Donut417 said:

For the record it could be a HDCP issue. HDCP is to prevent people from stealing content. Seeing how HDMI supports HDCP and VGA does not, that could be the issue. According to what I see on Google, services like Netflix require HDCP to be present. Also take in to account HDMI is a digital interface while VGA is old school analogue. 

ít was the hdmi to vga adapter that wasn't cooperating.. no issues when i switched it! :D 

Watches and computers