How Do You CHANGE Your PUBLIC IP ADDRESS

Cyguns

Recently, I got banned from a Minecraft server. I wanted to change my IP address so I can play again but no luck. I'm not sure what to look for or if I'm supposed to change my public IP address.

if you got banned from a server, suck up the pride loss, own up to whatever you did and accept it and find a new server to play on. You will only continually keep getting banned if you circumvent the original ban continually. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

if you got banned from a server, suck up the pride loss, own up to whatever you did and accept it and find a new server to play on. You will only continually keep getting banned if you circumvent the original ban continually. 

I was banned for hacking even though I was not. I also can't appeal for it because I have to have 12 hours of play time on the server.

14 minutes ago, Cyguns said:

I was banned for hacking even though I was not. I also can't appeal for it because I have to have 12 hours of play time on the server.

Sounds like either you're a piece of shit hacker, or it's a shitty server with shitty admins.

Find a new one to play on.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Sounds like either you're a piece of shit hacker, or it's a shitty server with shitty admins.

Find a new one to play on.

Lol. Is there no way to change it?

1 minute ago, Cyguns said:

Lol. Is there no way to change it?

Not that I know of, besides a VPN. Even if there was, it's not worth it. After all, you have less than twelve hours on the MC server...even if you had hundreds, even thousands of hours sunk into that server (in which case you could probably appeal), it still probably wouldn't be worth it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Not that I know of, besides a VPN. Even if there was, it's not worth it. After all, you have less than twelve hours on the MC server...even if you had hundreds, even thousands of hours sunk into that server (in which case you could probably appeal), it still probably wouldn't be worth it.

I just wanted to play with my friends. I'll figure something out.

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

isn't it account based, not IP?

I tried using a different account and a different PC but I was still unable to join.

Haha, lol. Who ever is running that server is good.

They've got your current public IP, MAC, and account.

You are quite simply, screwed.

Find another server.

-アパゾ

22 minutes ago, APasz said:

Haha, lol. Who ever is running that server is good.

They've got your current public IP, MAC, and account.

You are quite simply, screwed.

Find another server.

So there is no way to change it?

I'll be honest, nothing can be done by you about your account.

Your public will change at some point unless you have a static IP.

Your MAC address can be spoofed but it's not easy.

-アパゾ

15 minutes ago, Cyguns said:

So there is no way to change it?

My ISP Xfinity assigns IP's based on Mac address. For example if I change the mac address of my router, such as using the mac address cloning feature, that will change my IP. The issue comes up when you use the ISP supplied modem/router because mac address cloning is generally not a feature. You can also disconnect your internet long enough for the IP address lease to expire. HOWEVER there is no guarantees that you wont pull the same IP address. Keep in mind that IPv4 addresses have been exhausted, so ISP's could be limited on addresses. On top of that, some ISPs have started using carrier grade NAT, assigning 1 Public IP to multiple users. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Most routers have a way to change the WAN MAC address,  change that, then release/renew your WAN connection.  you should now have a different IP.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

5 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

Most routers have a way to change the WAN MAC address,  change that, then release/renew your WAN connection.  you should now have a different IP.

Only works on true routers. If the OP has a gateway then those options are not available to them. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

There's a much easier way, but the better solution is to switch to a different server. Like others have said:

1) Either you were rightfully banned.

OR

2) The server is run by morons.

Either option is not good for you, look elsewhere and remove that negativity from your life.

-KuJoe