Radeon RX 5700 (NAVI) AIB customized cards available in August

exetras

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-radeon-rx-5700-(navi)-aib-customized-cards-available-in-august.html

here is some chatter on the web whether or not AIB product will be available for the pending AMD NAVI series aka Radeon RX 5700 and 5700 XT. During the AMD tech days, we asked this question and got answers for you on it. 

So yes, there will be AIB (custom) cards for the new Radeon RX 5700 and 5700 XT, however, these will not be available during launch in a few weeks, but roughly one month later. The thing is that AMD does mind AIB product to be available in early July, it merely is a matter of logistics. The information and GPUs went out to the AIB partners, but simply takes them a little more time to finish up their designs. The board partners will release the reference products on that date. Of course, you might see an off review before actual AIB availability but the general consensus will be as described below.

So AIB Radeon 5700 and 5700 XT cards is a definite yes, and they will become available roughly one month after the reference launch on the 7th.

Small Tidbit of News on the 5700XT and 5700.

This should appease those worried about the blower config.

Ive been waiting 2 years to upgrade my 290x and I must say the lack of choice in the past 2 years has been awful. I'll wait another month to see what AMD and NVidia have to offer this year.

Darn it AMD again with the delay in AIB designs. NVIDIA can make this work, why can’t you?

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Gives the reviews some time to bake and for the new RTX pricing to normalize as well.

I think mid August will be the time to for those of us looking to upgrade to do so.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

1 minute ago, Jon Jon said:

I think mid August will be the time to for those of us looking to upgrade to do so. 

What? not at all, anyone looking into buy a video card on this price range that's already waiting now having to wait yet another full month for the aftermarket cards will only get frustrated and angry.

The way I see it AMD shot themselves on the foot even more with this 5700 series, by the time the non crappy blower cards hits the market we will have RTX Super Edition aftermarket cards all over the place, who do you think is going to get the best out of this as always? nVidia obviously.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Ive been waiting 2 years to upgrade my 290x and I must say the lack of choice in the past 2 years has been awful. I'll wait another month to see what AMD and NVidia have to offer this year.

I don't get it why they haven't repeated the RX580 launch. AIB cards straight from the beginning. Sure these were just spiced up RX480's but still.

19 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

What? not at all, anyone looking into buy a video card on this price range that's already waiting now having to wait yet another full month for the aftermarket cards will only get frustrated and angry.

The way I see it AMD shot themselves on the foot even more with this 5700 series, by the time the non crappy blower cards hits the market we will have RTX Super Edition aftermarket cards all over the place, who do you think is going to get the best out of this as always? nVidia obviously.

That's a valid point.

However, it should push the vanilla RTX cards into the bargain bin.

I think a vanilla RTX 2060 for under $300 will give us great value.

You can already find the EVGA variants for $320 USD.

Desktop:

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Logitech G903 Mouse

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

1 minute ago, Jon Jon said:

However, it should push the vanilla RTX cards into the bargain bin.

I think a vanilla RTX 2060 for under $300 will give us great value.

you know Nvidia dont sell their founders cards for cheap right? you pay a premium for them......

37 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

and prices will be ajusted on both sides, that wont make much of a difference, though i agree the lack of aib cards is stupid, in my view they should drop the reference cards all together 

43 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

Darn it AMD again with the delay in AIB designs. NVIDIA can make this work, why cant you?

trying to get product to market asap? idk

or maybe they make more $ with Reference designs since they sell to consumer directly?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

you know Nvidia dont sell their founders cards for cheap right? you pay a premium for them......

I was referring to any non SUPER card as vanilla.

Desktop:

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Logitech G903 Mouse

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

AMD would probably do a bit better if they kept things under wraps until things could hit the shelves, the way they did it with vega and now navi just let nvidia lean back and respond before AMD even got started. I want to buy AMD, they just keep shooting themselves in the foot.

14 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

I was referring to any non SUPER card as vanilla.

Why specify?

We dont have any real card names to go on....

Also you specified EVGA later and as such i assumed you meant founders instead of vanilla, so that is on me. 

b78.jpg

Can't wait to see launch day reviews full with effing loud or/and hot rants. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

b78.jpg

Can't wait to see launch day reviews full with effing loud or/and hot rants. 

It's pretty much guaranteed to not be loud but it'll probably run a bit hot.

48 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

It's pretty much guaranteed to not be loud but it'll probably run a bit hot.

What did i missed? I thought the reference card still use blower?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

8 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

What did i missed? I thought the reference card still use blower?

It is but AMD has put a limit on RPM by default so it'll max out at 1800. AMD says it translates to 43 dB which is significantly less than previous solutions.

Yeah custom cards will be fun to see, not at initial launch but worth the wait. That said still yet to see ow the reference one is. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I find it odd that no one managed to optimize blower design in any way...

25 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i'm guessing they're either running against the laws of physics or the law of patents ._.

1f08bf4257977716754657aa9f160172.gif

It's probably something like a static pressure problem with the type of fans required for blower coolers. If you go longer or denser fins they might not be able to push the air through. Even the server GPUs that are passive large heat sinks that use the case airflow don't use all that high fin density.

I dig the minimalistic design and color though. 

On 6/20/2019 at 3:15 AM, pzspah said:

AMD would probably do a bit better if they kept things under wraps until things could hit the shelves, the way they did it with vega and now navi just let nvidia lean back and respond before AMD even got started. I want to buy AMD, they just keep shooting themselves in the foot.

This time AMD has enough supply and big enough margins to compete though. I don't mean to outsell Nvidia (obviously not) but they can cut prices if they need to and also keep the channel stocked.

With Vega it was too expensive to produce, and the limited HBM 2.0 supply meant that they could not keep up with demand.

On 6/19/2019 at 9:39 PM, Princess Luna said:

IF waiting an extra month is going to get you frustrated and angry then you may well have bigger worries than what graphics card you are going to get.

1 hour ago, caldrin said:

IF waiting an extra month is going to get you frustrated and angry then you may well have bigger worries than what graphics card you are going to get.

People be crazy.