Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I currently have a 4 year old system. I am looking at upgrading slowly to an AMD build. My current build will be listed below. I do light gaming and mainly media consumption. Destiny 2 is the main thing I would like to start playing. 

 

CPU:     Intel pentium G3258 anniversary edition

MOBO:   Asrock H97M Pro4

RAM:      Corsair DDR3 8gb 1333

GPU:      Zotac GTX 950 2gb

PSU:      Corsair CX 430

Case:     Meshify C Dark TG

Storage: WB Blue 1TB, PNY CS900 240gb SSD

 

I am looking at buying Ryzen 5 2600, B450 Tomahawk, and Corsair Vengence 3000mhz for my first set of purchases. My main questions are will my 430 watt psu be able to handle it until I upgrade my GPU and PSU. As for my second question will I see a major upgrade in speed just by upgrading those pieces. Should I wait for gen 3 Ryzen? I do not want to pay for a Z570 mobo, would it be worth it to pair it with a B450 or Z470?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, adavis86 said:

Z570

 

3 minutes ago, adavis86 said:

Z470

i assume you mean x570 and x470? these chipsets don't exsist that i'm aware

 

3 minutes ago, adavis86 said:

My main questions are will my 430 watt psu be able to handle it until I upgrade my GPU and PSU

i personally wouldn't risk it, that one came out in 2012 and is quite outdated by todays standards

 

where are you located and what's your budget?

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wait for 3rd gen... Like coming next month.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites

That said, the Ryzen 5 2600 is 145$ on amazon and the cheapest CPU currently in the 3000 seires is for 200 dollars

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, adavis86 said:

Hey, I currently have a 4 year old system. I am looking at upgrading slowly to an AMD build. My current build will be listed below. I do light gaming and mainly media consumption. Destiny 2 is the main thing I would like to start playing. 

 

CPU:     Intel pentium G3258 anniversary edition

MOBO:   Asrock H97M Pro4

RAM:      Corsair DDR3 8gb 1333

GPU:      Zotac GTX 950 2gb

PSU:      Corsair CX 430

Case:     Meshify C Dark TG

Storage: WB Blue 1TB, PNY CS900 240gb SSD

 

I am looking at buying Ryzen 5 2600, B450 Tomahawk, and Corsair Vengence 3000mhz for my first set of purchases. My main questions are will my 430 watt psu be able to handle it until I upgrade my GPU and PSU. As for my second question will I see a major upgrade in speed just by upgrading those pieces. Should I wait for gen 3 Ryzen? I do not want to pay for a Z570 mobo, would it be worth it to pair it with a B450 or Z470?

As long as you don't OC you should be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would wait for 3rd gen Ryzen. It's not a good idea tgo build a month before a new platform launches. Once the test results are in, you may be kicking yourself for buying 2nd gen. If not, at least the 2nd gen may be cheaper then. Also you might look at getting 3200 MHz memorty. Ryzen seems to like the fastest RAM possible. May not make a huge difference but it couldn't hurt. I would upgrade the PSU when you get a new GPU so you know what will make sence with tht card.

CPU i7 8700K ( 5 GHz) RAM G Skill Trident Z 32 GB (3200 MHz) GPU EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Motherboard Asus ROG Strix z370 E Gaming Cooling NZXT Kraken x62 R2 PSU EVGA SuperNova 650 W 80+ Platinum Storage 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SATA, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA Display Dell QHD 144Hz 27'' Case NZXT H500 Black Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mouse Logitech G900 Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

 

i assume you mean x570 and x470? these chipsets don't exsist that i'm aware

 

i personally wouldn't risk it, that one came out in 2012 and is quite outdated by todays standards

 

where are you located and what's your budget?

Yes i mean x470 and x570.

 

I am in Florida and im looking about 600-700 all together for the upgrades. I was hoping to get half now and half later. I want to upgrade the CPU, RAM, and MOBO first to get it up and running, and then upgrade the rest as I can. But i the PSU cant handle it then I wont have a choice but to get it as well. Andy recommendations for PSU?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, adavis86 said:

I am in Florida and im looking about 600-700 all together for the upgrades. I was hoping to get half now and half later. I want to upgrade the CPU, RAM, and MOBO first to get it up and running, and then upgrade the rest as I can. But i the PSU cant handle it then I wont have a choice but to get it as well. Andy recommendations for PSU? 

like this to start with?

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks pretty good. I think like they said I may wait for benchmarks on the 3000 series but thank you for your time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×