Asus PG35VQ Price and releasedate in Norway

AndersT2

Looks like the Asus PG35VQ is coming in the end of Juni. Has god date 21 and 26 in two of the biggest PC shops in Norway, with the same price.

Price should equal to $2900 USD, even if the conversion rate says something else. Normal is 10-11 times the USD price for prices in Norway because of high taxes (25% consumer tax on everything but food.)

The Asus is almost 1000,- NOK cheaper than the Acer X35 price released on Proshop a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.komplett.no/product/1132633/gaming/gamingskjermer/asus-35-led-curved-pg35vq#

https://www.proshop.no/Skjermer/ASUS-35-Skjermer-PG35VQ-Svart-4-ms-NVIDIA-G-SYNC-HDR/2777719?utm_source=tekno&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pricesite

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

@AndersT2 your post dosnt meet the requisite for this section.

Please add a quote (using a quote box).

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

@AndersT2 your post dosnt meet the requisite for this section.

Please add a quote (using a quote box).

Sometimes there isn't a news site source, because they haven't seen it yet, or picked up the leak yet. So one can't break news here on the most sought after monitor in years, that many have been waiting over 2 years for?

Sometimes not everything falls within guide lines.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

Just ordered one from Komplett.no. Says they're getting it in on June 23, although it's unconfirmed.

Been waiting for this thing for 2 years. Could hardly believe it when i saw it today. 

Ended up being pretty pricey. 28 990 NOK = 2961.33 Euro = 3340.98 USD.

16 hours ago, AndersT2 said:

Sometimes there isn't a news site source, because they haven't seen it yet, or picked up the leak yet. So one can't break news here on the most sought after monitor in years, that many have been waiting over 2 years for?

For the majority of us who don't follow monitors that closely, at least post something up about specs, why are they interesting?

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2500~ in the queens money. oof.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 hours ago, porina said:

For the majority of us who don't follow monitors that closely, at least post something up about specs, why are they interesting?

+1 I don't see what's really special about this monitor.  I don't care about ultrawide screens with 27" worth of vertical height, I want a 32" 4k 144hz monitor.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Here's JJ from Asus saying it's going to be "more than the PG27UQ" which means more than 2000 USD: 

i just wonder if consoles will display hdr10 correctly on 1440p uw, also it's weird how they have the 4k at 27inch and 1440p uw at 35inch, 106 ppi isn't bad but...just a weird choice, and looks like it's only 2k in the UK, actually will end up being more than the 27inch 4k versions, yikes.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

It also appeared on polish e-retailer website (no delivery date data yet) for 12 499 PLN = 2 936 EUR = 3 299 USD (their pricing is usually very precise):

https://www.x-kom.pl/p/367688-monitor-led-32-i-wiekszy-asus-rog-swift-pg35vq-quantum-dot-hdr.html

Use 90LM03T0-B02370 for further reference.

Pricing is killer. You can buy 2 x 65 inch OLED tv for that amount. I do understand pricy g-sync hdr module, but what I don't understand how they want to make it approachable for more than 0,5% of pc gamers. Please remember that HDR 400/600/1000 cannot be achieved without FALD, so I am wondering why TV manufacturers can achieve it since few years, and pc displays cannot. Maybe they need to dump AUO manufacturer?

On 6/14/2019 at 9:35 PM, AnonymousGuy said:

+1 I don't see what's really special about this monitor.  I don't care about ultrawide screens with 27" worth of vertical height, I want a 32" 4k 144hz monitor.

Its 3440X1440 resolution, for me the perfect resoluition and size for a PC monitor, have an AOC like that today.

It's 200Hz, Gsync and 1000nits HDR, with individual dimmable zones, (FALD), don't remember the actual number of zones, but either 384 or 512.

First monitor that seems to have it all: UItrawide, HDR, 120Hz+, Gsync and curved

On 6/14/2019 at 4:54 PM, TheGrimSleeper said:

Ended up being pretty pricey. 28 990 NOK = 2961.33 Euro = 3340.98 USD.

That's the straight conversion numbers. Normally USD prices is 10-11 times in Norway, so I'm betting around 2900 USD, alot up from the quessed 2500 price.

I have also waited for this since the mentioned in CES 2017, but think I'm saving the money to over summer to see how the prices change (Don't think they will), and seeing how the AOC version gets reviewed. It should be a little cheaper (Guessing 200-500 USD cheaper)

EDIT: Comparing it to the last big step release from Asus, the PG27UQ (The 4K 144Hz screen), it seems to hold it's price too good here in Norway, with the odd sale, so I'll be keeping a price notification on these:

https://prisguiden.no/produkt/asus-rog-swift-pg27uq-286003

On 6/18/2019 at 12:17 PM, Knight77 said:

Good news, I’ll be picking one up in the UK. 

No, there is absolutely no good news about a £2700 monitor with a VA panel that will likely have all the inherent issues that VA always has, and it is genuinely quite disturbing that anyone's reaction to this would be a positive one, never-mind happily exclaim their intention to purchase one in the complete absence of any review. This is a very bad thing, a very bad thing indeed.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

I saw the review on floatplane the other day, it's a really nice monitor with good specs (200hz, 3440x1440, VA, HDR 1000 certified, G-Sync) but the VA part and this local glow around the cursor still bugs me.

I'm willing to pay that much for a monitor but I will need a bit bigger progress over my Alienware before I pull the trigger. Maybe next gen.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

4 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

I saw the review on floatplane the other day, it's a really nice monitor with good specs (200hz, 3440x1440, VA, HDR 1000 certified, G-Sync) but the VA part and this local glow around the cursor still bugs me.

I'm willing to pay that much for a monitor but I will need a bit bigger progress over my Alienware before I pull the trigger. Maybe next gen.

Floatplane? Who reviewed it and what did they say exactly?

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

13 hours ago, atomicus said:

Floatplane? Who reviewed it and what did they say exactly?

Linus and it's about what you might expect. Good panel, probably the best in 3440x1440 but not without it's flaws. Without chroma subsampling you get 180Hz natively (200Hz OCed) in 8bit, 144Hz in 10 bit and 120Hz in 12 bit, the full array local dimming in HDR around bright objects on dark background is noticeable though supposedly much less so than in previous 4K HDR monitors.

It's cool that it's going forward with the refresh rate and HDR but IMO it's not worth upgrading from 120Hz IPS 3440x1440 panels that exist now and definitely not for that kind of money.

As usual with this kind of tech, I'd rather wait for the next generation ?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

On 6/21/2019 at 2:32 AM, atomicus said:

No, there is absolutely no good news about a £2700 monitor with a VA panel that will likely have all the inherent issues that VA always has, and it is genuinely quite disturbing that anyone's reaction to this would be a positive one, never-mind happily exclaim their intention to purchase one in the complete absence of any review. This is a very bad thing, a very bad thing indeed.

I’ve been waiting for over 2 years and I can finally get it. 

No display is perfect. 

I‘ve had TN, IPS, VA and OLED. 

Until MicroLED gets here, there will be compromises. 

But, as far as UltraWides go, this is THEE best monitor you can buy right now. 

3 hours ago, Knight77 said:

I’ve been waiting for over 2 years and I can finally get it. 

No display is perfect. 

I‘ve had TN, IPS, VA and OLED. 

Until MicroLED gets here, there will be compromises. 

But, as far as UltraWides go, this is THEE best monitor you can buy right now. 

At what point does this madness end... would you pay £4,000.... £5,000.... £10,000... £50,000.... I MUST HAVE THIIIIIISSS! 

Big picture. There is a problem here, I'm surprised you don't see it.

35 minutes ago, atomicus said:

At what point does this madness end... would you pay £4,000.... £5,000.... £10,000... £50,000.... I MUST HAVE THIIIIIISSS! 

Big picture. There is a problem here, I'm surprised you don't see it.

Anything you buy in life is all about how much you want to pay. 

That £2 sandwich probably cost 20-50p to make. 

That £4 jacket potato with beans cost 10p to make. 

That bottle of water has a got a couple of pennies worth of water. 

That plain £15 t-shirt cost like £1 to make - and sometimes even less. 

Those £80 jeans probably cost less than £5 to make. 

That fuel you are buying is pretty much all tax. 

So it’s all relative. 

This screen is the only screen in existence that offers what it does. 

Im not surprised its £2,700. 

Now, the question of how much would someone pay? That’s the same as above and made up of two parts:

What you are willing to pay and what you can pay. 

I might not be willing to pay £4 for a plain looking sandwich - but I could. 

Now, I would pay £2,700 for this monitor and I can. 

How high I would go? Depends how badly I want it. 

I knew it’s estimated price a while back and it’s come in at what I expected anyway. 

So to you, it might be a lot of money. 

But throughout life I’m sure you’ve paid over the odds for many things. 

This isn’t much money to me, I can get it for the fact it’s very high spec and I enjoy tech. 

I don’t see why you would throw such a hissy fit over someone else wanting something. 

6 hours ago, Knight77 said:

I don’t see why you would throw such a hissy fit over someone else wanting something. 

I'm not and you're missing the point. This is a VA monitor (with all the inherent issues that VA has, they haven't reinvented the wheel here, despite the additional tech... which is basically imperfect FALD and HDR with some useless extra Hz), for £2,700... which is daft. And more importantly, the precedent this sets for FUTURE monitors is a very dangerous one. What do you think this means for MicroLED... that'll be £5,000 for a measly 27" sir. Want a 35" Ultrawide MicroLED? That'll be £10,000 please sir. Like I said before, BIG PICTURE. 

This is the problem with the world we live in... the overriding WANT people have for things. They don't care how much it costs as long as they can afford it. EVERYTHING else be damned.

41 minutes ago, atomicus said:

This is the problem with the world we live in... the overriding WANT people have for things. They don't care how much it costs as long as they can afford it. EVERYTHING else be damned.

Economy, ecology and education are much bigger problems for the civilization at the moment.

7 hours ago, tarsius said:

Economy, ecology and education are much bigger problems for the civilization at the moment.

Well quite, we have many problems in the world, I wasn't suggesting someone buying a PC monitor was at the top of the list ?... I wasn't even saying an individual's decision to do that was a problem, just that it speaks to a far bigger issue.

12 hours ago, atomicus said:

I'm not and you're missing the point. This is a VA monitor (with all the inherent issues that VA has, they haven't reinvented the wheel here, despite the additional tech... which is basically imperfect FALD and HDR with some useless extra Hz), for £2,700... which is daft. And more importantly, the precedent this sets for FUTURE monitors is a very dangerous one. What do you think this means for MicroLED... that'll be £5,000 for a measly 27" sir. Want a 35" Ultrawide MicroLED? That'll be £10,000 please sir. Like I said before, BIG PICTURE. 

Again,

I don’t see the point or problem. 

Many business is going to look at price and units it can sell. 

Cars can cost £7,000 brand new. 

Cars can cost £1.2m or more brand new. 

The high end does not stop the low end being a thing. 

And the mid-range is where most will likely settle. 

Plus, the used market can actually offer some very good deals, especially on high end tech items. 

So of course a ONE OF A KIND monitor is going to be priced high. 

The problem is, who else is going to challenge them?

Its 2019 and we still have 2K as the norm - you know I bought my first 2K monitor back in 2007 for £1,200, it was a Professional Grade Dell monitor. 

Yet 12 years later and a graphics card still can’t always drive a 4K at a steady 60FPS. 

Also, DisplayPort 1.5 - where is it? 

Progression in tech is really slow. 

This is a worlds first monitor with literally the best specs you can get today when it comes to UltraWides. 

If the price is off-putting then clearly it’s not something that’s in your budget and that’s understandable. 

But many can afford it and will buy it. 

This will help cover the cost of development and eventually new models will be brought out and the previous ones discounted. 

But the whole industry when it comes to PC components is slow moving.