MOBO Wants BIOS Admin Password At Each Boot

The password I set to protect access to the UEFI settings is now being prompted at every computer startup, not just when I hit Del to go into the bios.

This is happening after I updated my bios to fix another issue (see last topic). Using a Gigabyte Z390M Gaming motherboard and couldn't find anything relevant in the settings

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

30 minutes ago, TeenTesla said:

The password I set to protect access to the UEFI settings is now being prompted at every computer startup, not just when I hit Del to go into the bios.

This is happening after I updated my bios to fix another issue (see last topic). Using a Gigabyte Z390M Gaming motherboard and couldn't find anything relevant in the settings

did u set a system password instead of a BIOS password in the BIOS?

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

In the BIOS go to the "BIOS" tab and click on "Security Option". This is where the password would have been set. And is also where you can disable it everytime the machine boots.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

In the BIOS go to the "BIOS" tab and click on "Security Option". This is where the password would have been set. And is also where you can disable it everytime the machine boots.

?

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

2 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

3 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

did u set a system password instead of a BIOS password in the BIOS?

ok so that problem just randomly disappeared. Not the long ass 45-60 sec bios / logo screen is back!

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

1 minute ago, TeenTesla said:

ok so that problem just randomly disappeared. Not the long ass 45-60 sec bios / logo screen is back!

glad it sorted itself if u need any more help though just ask ☺

It can be a pain depending on how many customizations you make, but anytime I get a slow BIOS, I set it the the defaults (usually an option), then reset my options.