The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild 2?!?!?!?

Salv8 (sam)

(i don't really care if it's really tech news, its gaming news and as far as i know, thats allowed on the tech news sub-forum)

looks like Nintendo wants to try again at open world games as a sequel to the 2017 game of the year, breath of the wild, has been announced and is currently in development!!!!!!!!

at the end of Nintendo direct E3 they decided to end it on a note that has left many gamers excised for the future of the switch:

from what people can tell, it's not ganon we have to worry about! it looks like a dead being made of the calamity (that thing that powers ganon's magic abilities  (i think, if this is wrong let me know.)) is this games main antagonist.

from what else we can tell Zelda may travel with us as a companion and hyrule may get expanded by this new unknown pack animal, signalling that more of the existing world may get expanded, whether this may be seaward or beyond the Gerudo Wasteland. this has certainty has gamers excited for a new legend of Zelda game

My Opinion:

my reaction is basically this video right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IydthId2IRc (thank you arlo for copying my reaction perfectly even though i don't even know you irl) although me has more swearing in it you get the jyst

well...

somebody call emergency services my heart is no longer functioning i require it to be restarted and oh no it's.....i.....cantr..,......tyep....annyjaf/.,sdfdmfsaf;emsejilelfnmlisehlisnlsnkljsnklnj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,mj,m uiuiuiuiuiuiuiui 

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

I was hoping for the RTX switch.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

Can we get a Zelda game where we play as Zelda?

The Legend of Link

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

This had been speculated over a year ago, some gaming magazine found Nintendo job postings for a game that could only be BOTW 2.

Now it's confirmed I'm pretty stoked, BOTW remains one of my all time favourite first playthroughs.

I'm 99% sure I'm gonna pick up a switch this month for Mario Maker 2, I had one before but I sold it because after I finished Odyssey there was nothing else I cared about but since then there's been a load of good releases and yesterday's treehouse has announced a shit load more.

The only thing that's putting me off is these rumours of a more powerful switch coming soon.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Demonking said:

We did, you won't like it tho.

Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, best game of the CD-i.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

from what people can tell, it's not ganon we have to worry about! it looks like a dead being made of the calamity (that thing that powers ganon's magic abilities  (i think, if this is wrong let me know.)) is this games main antagonist.

I've never even played any of the Zelda games and my only response is: "Right... pull the other one, it's got bells on it".

5 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Can we get a Zelda game where we play as Zelda?

Modding is your friend

Although currently the more mature and supported female mod is the Linkle mod:

1 minute ago, crystal6tak said:

Modding is your friend

Although currently the more mature and supported female mod is the Linkle mod:

issue is getting the game to run well on my PC. which would involve getting a newer version of it. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

issue is getting the game to run well on my PC. which would involve getting a newer version of it. 

Shouldn't be a problem, Cemu is incredibly well optimized now

51 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

Shouldn't be a problem, Cemu is incredibly well optimized now

Say that to my R9 Nano.

I feel like the minority here, but as a longtime Zelda fan I truly believe that BOTW was not only the worst "Zelda" game in the series, it's the only "Zelda" game I'd consider bad. At no point did it feel like a Zelda game and the main quest was incredibly short, which was prolonged by a massive, yet empty, overworld. Horses couldn't go anywhere and walking was painfully slow. Shrines were stupidly easy and not a replacement for dungeons. Period.

With that said, this new trailer has me excited. I was on the brink of selling my Switch but BOTW2 and Metroid Prime 4 have me clinging on. This trailer shows the makings of another dark Zelda game, so seeing as how Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are my two favorites, this naturally excites me. I feel like we're going to get dungeons, item progression, and an actual main quest, as well as side quests. Can't wait to see how this game progresses.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

5 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Say that to my R9 Nano.

i've had issues with my 1070, it's not well optimised at all, it's still got a lot of issues that will just take a lot of time to sort out

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

Wonder if it’ll take a Majora Mask or Link’s awakening route

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

The teaser trailer gave me strong Twilight Princess vibes and reminds me of Majora's Mask in the sense that it seems like Nintendo are reusing assets from the previous game to reduce development time/costs and improve on a product that many people have lauded as being among the best Zelda games they've made. Given that TP and MM are my top two favorite Zelda titles, I'm really excited to see where this goes. BotW had several problems - notably rain, a lack of interesting dungeons, and items that felt too similar and boring (none of them felt truly unique, unlike in previous Zelda titles) - I hope Nintendo will vastly improve on these aspects for this sequel.

6 hours ago, BigDamn said:

I feel like the minority here, but as a longtime Zelda fan I truly believe that BOTW was not only the worst "Zelda" game in the series, it's the only "Zelda" game I'd consider bad. At no point did it feel like a Zelda game and the main quest was incredibly short, which was prolonged by a massive, yet empty, overworld. Horses couldn't go anywhere and walking was painfully slow. Shrines were stupidly easy and not a replacement for dungeons. Period.

With that said, this new trailer has me excited. I was on the brink of selling my Switch but BOTW2 and Metroid Prime 4 have me clinging on. This trailer shows the makings of another dark Zelda game, so seeing as how Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are my two favorites, this naturally excites me. I feel like we're going to get dungeons, item progression, and an actual main quest, as well as side quests. Can't wait to see how this game progresses.

Same.  Some of the ideas in BoTW I did like, but the majority of the game seem so bland.  Especially the Ganon bosses, they just didn't really awe me much and felt easy.

The teaser trailer did get my attention though.  Hopefully the sequel does a better job and actually have some good dungeons and bosses.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

3 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Same.  Some of the ideas in BoTW I did like, but the majority of the game seem so bland.  Especially the Ganon bosses, they just didn't really awe me much and felt easy.

The teaser trailer did get my attention though.  Hopefully the sequel does a better job and actually have some good dungeons and bosses.

I fully support Nintendo bringing new ideas to the Zelda series, so I look at BOTW as a trial run. It was a fairly well received game so I'd consider a success but I trust that they'll get back to the Zelda roots, as this game was met with a decent amount of criticism. Really hopeful for the next game

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD