Mozilla Firefox soon to go freemium

BachChain
On 6/19/2019 at 12:55 PM, LAwLz said:

Firefox, configured to use Tor.

If you want something more practical then Firefox or some Chromium fork with all tracking stripped out.

A lot of tracking happens on the websites you visit though and for that it doesn't really matter which browser you use. What is important is how much you block from the website.

Yeah that’s a good point. Honestly haven’t used Firefox in 3/4 years. What about it do you think is unpractical as you mentioned in your previous post? 

I think i might move over to that soon and try and use some blocking plugins etc. any you recommend?

When there’s a small price for Firefox with much better features.

350AC380-2D55-4959-ADB8-81978637CB20.jpeg.c4773bd06001c7ae44a2eac26ebe660d.jpeg

Maybe Mozilla could incorporate feature/notification that would notify users about donation options they have during installation or otherwise. But in a non intrusive way. I always forget they have a donation page...

Firefox has around 260 million active users as of 2019. If every user chipped just 1$ a month, that would bring them 260 million $. Now, assuming everyone would donate at all is insane, but just imagine how much even tiny donations do on large scale. And for user it would be $12 a year.

Then ask yourself, $12 a year for privacy focused browser that could then truly become 100% independent from giants like Google who shill their less than private search engine in Firefox so they can be afloat and make the browser. Or $0 a year with Chrome and Google makes money of you and others in billions. Do the math.