F@H and BOINC Badge Request Thread [Last Update: 2024-MAR-21]

Message added by TVwazhere

Note that for F@H and BOINC, the points that you've earned must be for the LTT team. For example: If you have 20 million points for the default F@H team and 5 million points for LTT, we cannot award you a Bronze Contributor badge. Additionally, badges supersede each other meaning when you hit 25 million points, your Contributor Badge becomes a Bronze Badge, you only get one and they do not stack on your profile. Badges for different disciplines such as Folding, BOINC, and Event participations will show your highest rank in each category. 

Posts requesting badges will be hidden when the badge is assigned. Check your profile to see if you have the badge before reposting. 

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm curious how you are finding it now with me at the helm?

A lot better! No offense to whiskers and co. but now that the team's efforts are forefront and priority (at least for this COVID-19 season) I've been much more comfortable expending resources towards the folding efforts.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

5 minutes ago, Jhawkbeermaker said:

Just started folding myself a couple of days ago. 

I'd give you a diamond badge just for the beard if I could

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

26 minutes ago, Kaarmaa25 said:

That being said, I would like to request my Bronze badge please. 

What's your name/link?

image.png.c57f67ab903d4797db4eeb404b766763.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

My BOINC name is: 42thagamer

And I should qualify for the contributorbadge! 

Did you select a team to compute for? Points dont count if they're not for the team!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2efaa935720719b48591c4c8f1fa8283.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Did you select a team to compute for? Points dont count if they're not for the team!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.2efaa935720719b48591c4c8f1fa8283.png

Ow sorry, I did. But haven't finished any WU after that yet. Sorry. I will be back in a few days! 💪

EDIT: Did I not select a team? In the advance viewer I says I did select it?

Little side note. For the F@H badge. Do I also get the contributor badge? Or only the bronze one?

25 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Little side note. For the F@H badge. Do I also get the contributor badge? Or only the bronze one?

7 minutes ago, LinuxTerm said:

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/RyanWilson

So I got 1151 WUs can I get the contributer badge?

Please read the Blue Message at the top of the topic :) 

1 hour ago, 42thgamer said:

I already have the bronze one. But I was wondering if I can get the first one too?

1 hour ago, Mope El Two said:

Thanks for the Badge, but I also have 47 WU, no Contributor badge as well?

1 hour ago, Jamdread said:

I guess that makes me a contributor + bronze contributor badges

Per the Blue Message above:

Additionally, badges supersede each other meaning when you hit 1 million points, your Contributor Badge becomes a Bronze Badge,you only get one and they do not stack on your profile. 

Think of it like a Pokemon that evolves with enough XP points. 

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm kind of old for Pokemon 👴

8 hours ago, Xbl said:

will i need to repost when score gets higher?

-snip-

Yes. You currently have 5 WU's completed and 19K points.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=970477

19 hours ago, mocfunky said:

Requesting F@H contributor badge

This is me

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=955565

10 hours ago, The Hollanesian said:

I tried to search for myself on the Donor Statistics page at the Folding@home website but No Results came up. Don't know why. When I click on my name from FAHControl, it shows all my stats. Weird.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/TheHollanesian

Neither of you have met the completed 21 WU requirement yet.

8 hours ago, doubleagent214 said:

May I have my green badge please.

You already have the Bronze badge.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:37 PM, TVwazhere said:

2 hours ago, xediexmcclurgx said:

You do not yet have 21 WU's to qualify for the Contributor Badge

image.png.f8b675c655891367fd0b728baafa0599.png

image.png.de0f27cc9baebecf7330fb8d289ea310.png

14 hours ago, Gamerx007 said:

ID: Gamerx008

Image result for futurama squint gif /s

5 hours ago, scuff gang said:

Don't know why I didn't get the F@H member badge that was requested in my earlier post, but it would be great if I could get that too, thankyou!

Please read the Blue post at the top of the topic.

"badges supersede each other meaning when you hit 1 million points, your Contributor Badge becomes a Bronze Badge, you only get one and they do not stack on your profile."

Am i wrong if i say, this forum had(has) a Mod with Slogan "I HATE BADGES!!!" ? ..Just saying at least you have something to do these weeks 😜 

1 hour ago, _OhHiMark said:

Hi,

I think that I have reached to level of Bronze Folding@Home badge, my stats are here: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=956437

-Thanks

+1 for the username

Hi mark GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 3/16/2020 at 8:53 AM, TVwazhere said:

Lots of requests recently, awesome to see! I hope to see a lot more requests in the coming weeks with the Folding Event happening!

What a fool I was 15 days ago. We've doubled the amount of requests in the last two weeks than the first nine months combined. (Though, Honestly many people weren't requesting badges before.)

I have a couple of doubts regarding the BOINC badges, how I can control how many points I have for LTT in BOINC? Asking since I run Rosetta since 2010, but only running it from time to time until now what I have it running more reguraly... anyway lets start with the first  one ;)

Stats.png

@oeris I am happy to inform you that your badge request method has deemed the highest level of awesomeness by @Spotty who is considering making it the default method of requesting badges (jokingly of course)

Spoiler

image.png.149d726343eb5905ec33a27d1df8a53c.png

I changed my BOINC team on WCG and R@H a week or two ago to LTT but I am just wondering how best to track the points earned exclusively while being a member of the LTT team. I have tried digging through the various stats sites and am not able to find a good way to break it down as it looks like when the team is switched it brings over all of the points earned historically to that new team.

19 hours ago, Shigeru said:

I have a couple of doubts regarding the BOINC badges, how I can control how many points I have for LTT in BOINC? Asking since I run Rosetta since 2010, but only running it from time to time until now what I have it running more regularly... anyway lets start with the first  one ;)

Spoiler

Stats.png

28 minutes ago, Cmdrd said:

I changed my BOINC team on WCG and R@H a week or two ago to LTT but I am just wondering how best to track the points earned exclusively while being a member of the LTT team. I have tried digging through the various stats sites and am not able to find a good way to break it down as it looks like when the team is switched it brings over all of the points earned historically to that new team.

@Ithanul do you know of a good way to track this? Or is BOINC just less territorial about team points compared to F@H?

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

@Ithanul do you know of a good way to track this? Or is BOINC just less territorial about team points compared to F@H?

BOINC will move all points to a new team.  About the only way I know to track points separate is to have a separate BOINC account for a team.

The point deal is also a know issue that occurs during the BOINC Pent as some folks will team hop on occasions and that causes a bit of issues while tracking points.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 hours ago, Marcos SF Filho said:

-snip-
Every time I hit a badge threshold, like the Bronze right now, do I need to keep requesting it here?

Yes. We will not actively be "policing" or monitoring individual user stats, so it's up to the user to notify us. :) 

22 hours ago, walkur1 said:

I have also participated in the 2018 and 2019 LTT folding month, as well as the current COVID event, but I probably didn't register properly so from what I understand I'm SOL?

Correct. You needed to register to have your points officially tracked by the Event team.  

14 hours ago, WaldorfMan said:

So, do we have to request Event Badges, or will those come automatically?  Thanks!

That's literally then entire point of this thread 😂 You cant see it but there's 40+ pages of requests that we've processed. *Edit* Event badges are different.... As per the below coment:

9 hours ago, LFreeman said:

Whew that was an event. May I get a badge for the event please?

51 minutes ago, Atreiumontoya said:

Do we get the event badge also now?

This COVID-19 event did NOT qualify for the F@H Newbie Event Badge. Please see the OP of this thread and the COVID-19 thread for more details. 

image.png.e1221f057c17f7466a6637e5b2e8541c.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c956a1b2910a6ef111e6c3923559d6a6.png

@horknfbr Bronze Badge Awarded

@Thanako99 Bronze Badge Awarded

@rs2quattro Bronze Badge Awarded

@msvelev Silver badge Awarded

@Kieferp5 Silver Badge Awarded

@05MilMachine Bronze Badge Awarded

@HaRdLy007 Silver Badge Awarded

@Exit0ne Bronze Badge Awarded

@ChocolateCyanide Bronze Badge Awarded

@Beowulff83 Gold Badge Awarded

@IM2Old4This Bronze Badge Awarded

@macintoshme Silver Badge Awarded

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, Rocket25 said:

TY for your work and time on the Badge Request Thread ! It's much apreciated !

You tag me yesterday, but the badge does not show up ... I imagine there is a delay ?

Have a great day !

* F@H NewBie event badge

* BOINC Contributor badge

(English is my secondary language ;) )

@Rocket25 Woops! He must've missed the BOINC badge. I've added it now :)
The F@H Event badges get handed out automatically* after the yearly folding events. If you participated in the previous yearly events you would have already received the badge. If you folded in the recent COVID-19 event then that isn't going
give a badge unfortunately. It's usually only the big once a year month long contests we do that give the badges and then there's often another "sprint" we normally do around this time of the year that lasts a week or two that doesn't give the badges.

image.thumb.png.cec0eaef561f4a434a40f8c04eb00215.png

(*Not automatic, but we go through the list of everyone who was registered and verify if they've met the requirements and hand out the badges without people needing to request them, so it could take a few days/weeks until we have time to sit down and do it)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450