F@H and BOINC Badge Request Thread [Last Update: 2024-MAR-11]

Message added by TVwazhere

Note that for F@H and BOINC, the points that you've earned must be for the LTT team. For example: If you have 20 million points for the default F@H team and 5 million points for LTT, we cannot award you a Bronze Contributor badge. Additionally, badges supersede each other meaning when you hit 25 million points, your Contributor Badge becomes a Bronze Badge, you only get one and they do not stack on your profile. Badges for different disciplines such as Folding, BOINC, and Event participations will show your highest rank in each category. 

Posts requesting badges will be hidden when the badge is assigned. Check your profile to see if you have the badge before reposting. 

Since the primary two mods responsible for badge assignment duties (Whiskers and myself) haven't been around much in recent months, we've had a bit of a chat behind the scenes and thought we'd try something new.

Instead of you having to try to figure out which mod to write a PM to in order to get your badges, we're gonna try to collect all requests in a single thread and then whichever mod sees it first can assign the badges.

DON'T FORGET TO GIVE YOUR FOLDING ID AND/OR ACCOUNT ON BOINCSTATS SO THAT WE CAN VERIFY YOUR STATS!

F@H Badge Thresholds

In order to be rewarded with the Folding @ Home badge, please note the following requirements. (subject to change, updated Jan 1st 2021)

•  
  • fold_mem.pngContributor - When you have contributed more than 5 Million Points, you will qualify for this badge, to show your commitment to LTT and the team. 
  • fl_bronze1-F6.0.pngBronze Contributor - When you have contributed more than 25 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious support of the team. 
  • fl_silver1-F6.0.pngSilver Contributor - When you have contributed more than 100 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team.
  • fl_gold1-F6.0.pngGold Contributor - When you have contributed more than 500 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources.
  • plat.pngPlatinum Contributor - When you have contributed more than 1 Billion points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources. You are now a legend! 
  • image.png.546c4fca7972d2dfb653b0c93ad89efa.pngDiamond Contributor - When you have contributed more than 2.5 Billion points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your insane dedication and continued support of the team and your extreme donation of resources. Tales of your folding adventures will be whispered through the ages; you are now mythical.

F@H Event Badge Thresholds

These are special badges handed out for participating in the official Folding events organized by the Folding community. These badges will be handed out automatically after the events to eligible participants (subject to individual event guidelines and requirements).

• image.png.0acc24e952a5bf918454e0683f36848d.pngEvent Founder - A unique badge only available to those who participated in the first event. ** This Badge is no longer available for distribution **
  • image.png.a6ea9cbf8a75f5a11073fc709db607d7.pngEvent Newbie - For participating in at least 1 Folding event.
  • image.png.c55b2b302c2de6f7a76982598b8e0012.pngEvent Veteran - For participating in at least 3 Folding events.
  • image.png.bfba76cdb672bed6e15393e1451c8483.pngEvent Fanatic - For participating in at least 5 Folding events.

Below is the list of Official Folding Events that have counted toward the Folding Event badges. To be an Official Folding Event, they must specifically be endorsed by LMG, so Folding Events like the Summer Sprint of 2019 do not count towards obtaining these badges. Additionally, on top of folding and meeting the minimum requirements for the event, you must make sure you sign up specifically to be tracked for the event; we do not track every LTT user who was folding at the time of the event (this has caused a lot of confusion in the past). 

Spoiler

BOINC Badge Thresholds

In order to be rewarded with the BOINC Team badge, please note the following requirements. (subject to change)

• boi_mem.pngContributor - When you have contributed more than 25,000 credits, your will qualify for this badge, to show your commitment to LTT and the team.
  • bnc_bronze1.jpgBronze Contributor - When you have contributed more than 1 Million credits, your will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team.
  • bnc_silver1.jpgSilver Contributor - When you have contributed more than 25 Million credits, your will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources.
  • bnc_gold1.jpgGold Contributor - When you have contributed more than 100 Million credits, your will qualify for this badge. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources. You are now a legend!

Note on Processing

We haven't nailed down all the details yet, so this might change as things evolve, but to make it easier for us to track which requests have been processed and which have not, we're going to set posts which have been processed to Hidden for now. So don't be scared if the thread appears empty to you, that might just mean we're all caught up on badge assignment duty.

Team Membership

To be eligible for the badges, you have to have contributed the credits/WUs under the LTT team membership. The teams are:

Happy crunching!

New Official F@H FAQ & Guide.

Edited by GDRRiley
Added 2021 Folding event

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Thanks for doing this folks. Your work is much appreciated:

I believe I am eligible for a Bronze BOINC badge, here are my stats.

Who should we approach about getting additional levels added for Folding badges? @Den-Fi just reached 2 billion points and I and 4 other team members have exceeded the 1 Billion Point threshold. With modern GPUs team members are accumulating points more rapidly and it would be nice to be able to have their contributions acknowledged.

Perhaps rare earth metals for say 1, 2, 5 & 10 Billion thresholds?

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

1 hour ago, Gorgon said:

Perhaps rare earth metals for say 1, 2, 5 & 10 Billion thresholds?

Or perhaps like World Com Grid where they have emerald etc, then the badges just have a number incorporated into them for the number of years of run time (or in this case billions of points).

On 6/4/2019 at 6:41 AM, Conman1700 said:

Awesome! Thanks for doing this, guys. I just hit 100M for Gold in FAH, and got to participate in the FAH Founding and newbie events. Don't know what my score was from the Boinc marathon. I'll have to check when I can connect to the core client again.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Conman1700

If you were eligible for the Event badges you would have already been awarded them. Sorry to burst your bubble man.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

11 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

If you were eligible for the Event badges you would have already been awarded them. Sorry to burst your bubble man.

Just to clarify this for anyone wondering the FAH event badges were handed out using a comprehensive list. If you qualified for that one you will most certainly have it already.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

• 1 month later...

welp, i hate to be the party pooper but i feel like this is just not gonna work. the idea was good, tough the execution just not that much. why collect badge requests in a central thread when we're just not gonna get them anyway? it's been over a month now!

sure, people have lifes out of the internet and this forum. i get that. i do too, tough just taking an hour out of each week to yeet badges at people shouldn't be that hard. especially when we dedicate our resources to gaining those badges.

LTT: Have staff make a bot to receive PM's check the user status, and apply or update the badge. Simple.

Or just let it go through the honor system until the last one, two, or three highest badges.

Edited by Steev43230

Friends: If you went to Bateman School in 1963-64 and recognize me, please let me know.

Gratuitous Comment: EVERY case should come with USB-C ports. It's time and past time. WELL past time.

"Then name the system!": CPU-Z validated at https://valid.x86.fr/rkq3mc

On 7/6/2019 at 8:40 PM, RollinLower said:

welp, i hate to be the party pooper but i feel like this is just not gonna work. the idea was good, tough the execution just not that much. why collect badge requests in a central thread when we're just not gonna get them anyway? it's been over a month now!

sure, people have lifes out of the internet and this forum. i get that. i do too, tough just taking an hour out of each week to yeet badges at people shouldn't be that hard. especially when we dedicate our resources to gaining those badges.

Agreed!

@leadeater any chance you can drop a reminder so someone can come service the requests here?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@alpenwasser any updates for this?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

43 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I've been pinging him outside this thread as well. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I've been pinging him outside this thread as well. 

you think pinging whiskers would help at all?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

you think pinging whiskers would help at all?

That ping is alongside the one to alpenwasser ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

@colonel_mortis Sorry to ping you as I understand you are very busy, but this experiment has failed, in spectacular fashion. 

We really need a new leader for both teams to be appointed, someone who is active on the forum, knowledgeable, proactive within the community and events.... Honestly, we just want to be heard and our contributions to the LTT family recognised.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That ping is alongside the one to alpenwasser ;) 

I dont know if you have any way to run my last post up the ladder, but if you do please try to get it seen, I really want to have this sorted, I'd love to run more DC events but without badges being awarded it seems like a pointless endeavour. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

33 minutes ago, starcoaster said:

just a thought, but seeing as you seem to be heavily involved in folding, why don't you take on the role of leader?

but also yeah it would be nice to get some badges considering i'm busting my ass

Honestly I don't care if it's me or someone else as long as they are active and involved in the folding community.

I would do it if asked, but I don't see me ever being asked to do so tbh.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Honestly I don't care if it's me or someone else as long as they are active and involved in the folding community.

that's the problem though, if asked i would gladly take the role aswell. and i'm pretty sure there are others who would. 

the thing that needs to happen is that someone needs to be assigned. and while this thread alone is nearing the 2(!) month no update mark i just don't see it happening very quickly.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:50 PM, RollinLower said:

the thing that needs to happen is that someone needs to be assigned. and while this thread alone is nearing the 2(!) month no update mark i just don't see it happening very quickly.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, starcoaster said:

how about folding leaders, 2 or 3 active folding community members to organise and hand out badges so that we don't end up in this position again where the one and only folding leader has vanished and everyone's stuck in a rut

I second this notion, I've been stuck in limbo and wanted to get back into Folding but have been hesitant as the LTT Folding team's management seems to have gone stagnant.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

On 7/6/2019 at 9:40 PM, RollinLower said:

On 7/7/2019 at 10:11 PM, Steev43230 said:

LTT: Have staff make a bot to receive PM's check the user status, and apply or update the badge. Simple.

Or just let it go through the honor system until the last one, two, or three highest badges.

On 7/16/2019 at 3:45 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

On 7/16/2019 at 4:41 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

I dont know if you have any way to run my last post up the ladder, but if you do please try to get it seen, I really want to have this sorted, I'd love to run more DC events but without badges being awarded it seems like a pointless endeavour. 

On 7/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

On 7/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, RollinLower said:

that's the problem though, if asked i would gladly take the role aswell. and i'm pretty sure there are others who would. 

On 7/23/2019 at 3:03 PM, seoz said:

I second this notion, I've been stuck in limbo and wanted to get back into Folding but have been hesitant as the LTT Folding team's management seems to have gone stagnant.

Stuff should be updated now. Been moving apartments in the past two weeks and had to wait for Internet! The Horror!

I'll happily relinquish the BOINC leader position (can't comment on F@H), there's another thread for that after all, but the badge assigning unfortunately has to be done be an account with moderator privileges. But yes, while I do still regularly pop in here (mostly for behind-the-scenes stuff and things like this), I'm not around enough for now that it makes much sense for me to be BOINC team leader.

But I think there might have been a miscommunication -- the idea of the thread was that other mods can process the requests too, not just me. That's the whole point! My bad -- I'll communicate that to the others more clearly so that you young grasshoppers can get your badges more quickly in the future.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

4 hours ago, Favebook said:

I haven't been active on forums a lot but I have been folding(F@H) for almost a year (on and off), and I didn't know about the badges so I would like to claim mine if it is still possible.?

If you have been folding under the LTT team number, of course it's possible! Doesn't really matter how active you are on the forum. Just post a link to your stats page. Thanks!

7 hours ago, alpenwasser said:

If you have been folding under the LTT team number, of course it's possible! Doesn't really matter how active you are on the forum. Just post a link to your stats page. Thanks!

so we do that here?

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

3 hours ago, yaboistar said:

also don't go too far out of your seat @alpenwasser, i'll be through 100m in no time ?

i'm more than happy to be part of a joint folding lead role, i think i'd skip on mod status anyway because that requires me to be a responsible adult. Is there any other way users could be granted badge perms, or is this just the way the forum is built. 

As far as I know, 'tis just the way the forum is built. C'est la vie. But thanks for the offer anyway!

18 hours ago, SuperCookie78 said:

so we do that here?

Yep.

Friends: If you went to Bateman School in 1963-64 and recognize me, please let me know.

Gratuitous Comment: EVERY case should come with USB-C ports. It's time and past time. WELL past time.

"Then name the system!": CPU-Z validated at https://valid.x86.fr/rkq3mc

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Favebook said:

Your current Folding badge reflects 25million points. You will be eligible for the Gold badge upon 100Million points, at which time you should make the bade request :) 

Hey everyone. Apologies for the delays in handing out badges, we know you have been waiting patiently for badge requests to be processed. We've made some changes behind the scenes which should help make processing badge requests much faster.
All current pending badge requests have been processed. If anyone was missed please let me know or if you are eligible for a new badge please let us know and put a request in along with your F@H or BOINC profile link.

There have been a huge number of new sign ups to Folding@Home for the upcoming Folding@Home 2019 Folding Month Event. This may cause further delays with processing badges in the upcoming month or two, so please be patient with us.

Folding@Home Event badges will be handed out after the Folding@Home event concludes to people who meet the minimum participation requirements for the event.

Thank you everyone for your contribution to the LinusTechTips teams.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450