F@H and BOINC Badge Request Thread [Last Update: 2024-MAR-21]

Message added by TVwazhere

Note that for F@H and BOINC, the points that you've earned must be for the LTT team. For example: If you have 20 million points for the default F@H team and 5 million points for LTT, we cannot award you a Bronze Contributor badge. Additionally, badges supersede each other meaning when you hit 25 million points, your Contributor Badge becomes a Bronze Badge, you only get one and they do not stack on your profile. Badges for different disciplines such as Folding, BOINC, and Event participations will show your highest rank in each category. 

Posts requesting badges will be hidden when the badge is assigned. Check your profile to see if you have the badge before reposting. 

1 minute ago, Ben_F said:

hi  there, 

it looks like I could get a platinum badge

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=962106

Thanks for doing this. Makes folding much more fun :D

Embrace the Grind - Tips on How to Climb Out of Gold and Platinum with  Coach Jayne - Articles - Dignitas

Oh, you didnt want this one? alright 😛 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 9/28/2020 at 7:50 AM, TVwazhere said:

Couldnt tell you why. Perhaps it's based on that it's not nearly as popular and/or no one has really gotten up to 500m+ enough to warrant new badges. 

Pretty sure that's grounds for revolution due to inequality between the haves and have nots >_>

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Juggy said:

Can I have a folding Even Newbie badge? I am participating in Folding month at the moment.

No.

Event badges will be assigned automatically at the completion of the event to those who are eligible.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

ermergerd I didnt notice it was already upgraded :)

Who do you think I am, a slacker? ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

25mil is Silver, Gold is 100mil. 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

25mil is Silver, Gold is 100mil. 👍

Oh sorry, got it mixed up... Was a bit late xD Anyways, then i'd like to claim my silver badge

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

7 hours ago, Paroxy said:

Dear High Honored Lords of the LTT Folding Badge Distribution Council,

I have composed this letter in order to formally appeal for a golden badge with the words F@H Legend inscribed upon it.  I trust you will be pleased with the illustrious score contained deep within the following scared URL. 

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Paroxy777

In the case that you have future enquiries, please reply post haste to this electronic bulletin board and I shall dutifully reply within a fortnight or two.

Your noble folding peon,

Paroxy

To Paroxy, noted noble

Nice bro. Here's a chicken

Origami Mandarin Bird Tutorial (Simon Andersen) - Paper Kawaii - YouTube

Regards,

TVwazhere, Court Jester

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Origami Mandarin Bird Tutorial (Simon Andersen) - Paper Kawaii - YouTube

👀👀👀

I have a sudden intense urge to fold some origami.

Pretty birbs.

Tutorial (YouTube):

Saved for later.

Spoiler

Oh.

Um.

Congrats to all the recent badgers badge-holders...?

🦡🦡🦡

🍄🍄

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

18 minutes ago, slrkappa said:

Just started folding this month. Is there any badges for just 600k points so far? 

Not for 600k points, but there is the Contributor badge for successfully completing 21 work units. The next badge is the Bronze badge at 1 mill points.

Would need either your F@H stats page or your ExtremeOverclocking stats page. You can find the F@H Stats page by clicking Stats link in the web client or your username in the Advanced client. For Extremeoverclocking you will need to search for your folding username from the search box on the left panel.

Example: https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spotty

Example: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812397

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 4 weeks later...

Event Badges for the 2020 Folding@Home event have been issued to eligible recipients. If you believe you met the minimum requirements and are eligible for a badge but didn't receive one please contact me. If you were eligible you should be listed here, but if that isn't the case and you think there may be an error please contact me and/or @GOTSpectrum

17 hours ago, Mastersam123 said:

Hello! Looks like after the 2020 F@H event I have contributed ~238 Million points to the LTT team over the past couple years. I'm not seeing a change in my badge from folding event Newbie. Lemme know if you need any other info from me to upgrade my badge to the new level (gold I think?). Thanks for your hard work on these events!

Event badges work differently than point badges. You need to have entered into three of the Official LTT Folding months to be eligable for silver Event, and Five for the Gold Event badges. Currently there have only been three events, so very few people have the silver badges. 

Changing what the badges represent, because of an increase in computational power, makes sense. That said, rather than grandfather old badges all people should be re-assigned the appropriate badge for what the badge presents at the present time. It's sort of like inflation. If someone has 1,000 $ they made years ago, and stuffed under their mattress, you'd not call them a millionaire now, because they made the money before. By today's standards that amount of money\points is just less significant. It'd be nice to see consistency in regards to what the badges mean as of "today". Money, used in today's exchange of goods, doesn't have a changing worth based on when it was made, and the same should go for these badges and points.

I'm so sad that I'm not going to get my sliver badge. I burned out my motherboard while folding, and I finally replaced it, but I won't reach 25M before January. 😭  At least I'm not losing my Bronze badge.

5 hours ago, Intrinsic said:

Changing what the badges represent, because of an increase in computational power, makes sense. That said, rather than grandfather old badges all people should be re-assigned the appropriate badge for what the badge presents at the present time. It's sort of like inflation. If someone has 1,000 $ they made years ago, and stuffed under their mattress, you'd not call them a millionaire now, because they made the money before. By today's standards that amount of money\points is just less significant. It'd be nice to see consistency in regards to what the badges mean as of "today". Money, used in today's exchange of goods, doesn't have a changing worth based on when it was made, and the same should go for these badges and points.

That doesn't make sense. If I buy something, I don't lose it just because the price goes up later.

People who've been folding for a long time (and with less efficient hardware) and paid via their power bill, and with wear and tear on their computer.  Folding has cost me a shit ton of money.  I was happy to do it, and I didn't do it for the badge, but I also don't want to lose the badge.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

On 11/29/2020 at 1:31 AM, petabyte2.0 said:

....a-a-and I just realized....t-they changed it t-t-t-to 25 million......g-great...

The point update doesnt take effect until January. So you are still awarded the Bronze Badge (and it will not regress) :)

On 11/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Mxyzptlk said:

Requesting a Diamond Contributor Badge...

Diamonds Are Forever (1971) - Rotten Tomatoes

o/

So need to reach 500M this month to get Platinum Badge? Going to be a close one... 😅

42 minutes ago, DonGuano said:

o/

So need to reach 500M this month to get Platinum Badge? Going to be a close one... 😅

At your current rate, you'll be at 519M by the end of the year

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_future.php?u=954250&f=30

image.thumb.png.66a3095fe4fb00a6bf4fef8f2f90b3cc.png

• 1 month later...

Is there a reason my post on Dec 30th in this thread was removed? All I did was request my Silver Badge...

EDIT: JK I just realized I was given the Silver... Thanks!

On 1/8/2021 at 1:11 PM, abe8132 said:

Oh, it self updates.. Sorry!

Badges do not self update. Your request in September 6th was for the Gold badge (100M) which was the value of the badge in 2020. Badges are grandfathered in (so you did not regress to silver) and now the current Gold badge value is 500M. Platinum's new Point value is 1 Billion which you are well on your way to :) 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Y33 said:

Today I learned XOC doesnt allow you to search for usernames with less than three characters, so I had to search for your XOC stats manually. 

Dont get me wrong, the stats.folding@home.com links are 100% valid but I like to link the site that has more stats 😉