Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

F@H and BOINC Badge Request Thread [Last Update: 2020-NOV-20]

Message added by TVwazhere

Note that for F@H and BOINC, the points that you've earned must be for the LTT team. For example: If you have 1 million points for the default team and 60k points for LTT, we cannot award you a Bronze Contributor badge. Additionally, badges supersede each other meaning when you hit 1 million points, your Contributor Badge becomes a Bronze Badge, you only get one and they do not stack on your profile. Badges for different disciplines such as Folding, BOINC, and Event participations will show your highest rank in each category. 

Posts requesting badges will be hidden when the badge is assigned. Check your profile to see if you have the badge before reposting.

Message added by TVwazhere,

Starting January 1st, 2021, we will be handing out awards based on new higher folding badge thresholds. These new values have been decided due to the increase of power a GPU can provide; this has made it much easier to achieve badges in recent years. Anyone holding a current badge will be grandfathered in! This means you won't have your badge downgraded after the new thresholds come into effect. 

F@H Badge Thresholds

In order to be rewarded with the Folding @ Home badge, please note the following requirements. (subject to change)

• fold_mem.pngContributor - When you have contributed more than 21 WUs 5 Million Points, you will qualify for this badge, to show your commitment to LTT and the team. 
  • fl_bronze1-F6.0.pngBronze Contributor - When you have contributed more than 1 Million 25 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious support of the team. 
  • fl_silver1-F6.0.pngSilver Contributor - When you have contributed more than 25 Million 100 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team.
  • fl_gold1-F6.0.pngGold Contributor - When you have contributed more than 100 Million 500 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources.
  • plat.pngPlatinum Contributor - When you have contributed more than 500 Million 1 Billion points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources. You are now a legend! 
  • image.png.546c4fca7972d2dfb653b0c93ad89efa.pngDiamond Contributor - When you have contributed more than 1 Billion 2.5 billion points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your insane dedication and continued support of the team and your extreme donation of resources. Tales of your folding adventures will be whispered through the ages; you are now mythical.

If you wish to have your current points reflected in your badge, please submit your request before Jan 1st 2021.

Changing what the badges represent, because of an increase in computational power, makes sense. That said, rather than grandfather old badges all people should be re-assigned the appropriate badge for what the badge presents at the present time. It's sort of like inflation. If someone has 1,000 $ they made years ago, and stuffed under their mattress, you'd not call them a millionaire now, because they made the money before. By today's standards that amount of money\points is just less significant. It'd be nice to see consistency in regards to what the badges mean as of "today". Money, used in today's exchange of goods, doesn't have a changing worth based on when it was made, and the same should go for these badges and points.

I'm so sad that I'm not going to get my sliver badge. I burned out my motherboard while folding, and I finally replaced it, but I won't reach 25M before January. 😭  At least I'm not losing my Bronze badge.

5 hours ago, Intrinsic said:

Changing what the badges represent, because of an increase in computational power, makes sense. That said, rather than grandfather old badges all people should be re-assigned the appropriate badge for what the badge presents at the present time. It's sort of like inflation. If someone has 1,000 $ they made years ago, and stuffed under their mattress, you'd not call them a millionaire now, because they made the money before. By today's standards that amount of money\points is just less significant. It'd be nice to see consistency in regards to what the badges mean as of "today". Money, used in today's exchange of goods, doesn't have a changing worth based on when it was made, and the same should go for these badges and points.

That doesn't make sense. If I buy something, I don't lose it just because the price goes up later.

People who've been folding for a long time (and with less efficient hardware) and paid via their power bill, and with wear and tear on their computer.  Folding has cost me a shit ton of money.  I was happy to do it, and I didn't do it for the badge, but I also don't want to lose the badge.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

On 11/29/2020 at 1:31 AM, petabyte2.0 said:

....a-a-and I just realized....t-they changed it t-t-t-to 25 million......g-great...

The point update doesnt take effect until January. So you are still awarded the Bronze Badge (and it will not regress) :)

On 11/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Mxyzptlk said:

Requesting a Diamond Contributor Badge...

Diamonds Are Forever (1971) - Rotten Tomatoes

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

o/

So need to reach 500M this month to get Platinum Badge? Going to be a close one... 😅