Phone Number Switching

Phone Number Switching  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are People Who Switch Mobile Phone Numbers Of A Low Intelligence?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

ios12-iphone7-status-bar-crop.png.5858c110b2848d0d1ef3d75e2e0c560e.png

Ok, so this has been bugging me for some time and based on personal observations only so don't judge ?

Question is simple...

"Generally", are people who switch their mobile phone number of a lower intelligence?  

The question popped into my head the other day when I bumped into my hairdresser / barber in the local supermarket. 

She asked me why I hadn't been in touch recently, to arrange a haircut.  To which my reply was, because you don't respond to my calls / messages etc. To which her response was, oh I've changed my phone number recently!

After much #facepalming on my return home, it got me thinking on this very topic ...

(and no Im not saying hairdressers are thick (well mine is) hence the discussion) ?

Granted there are a lot of variables why someone would get a new number as apposed to transferring their existing number to a new mobile phone provider network, but again in general, the question still stands...

I personally think that anybody who has their primary number attached to a cell phone plan is asking for trouble, but again that's just my opinion. I've given up on the whole transferring numbers back in 2012 when I ported my primary phone number to Google Voice, now I can switch SIM cards or pick and choose which of my 3 phones I want to carry with me and still have the same number and people always know how to contact me, not to mention the number rings on my landline which I've changed countless times over the years.

I know that was slightly off topic, but in response to your question: No, I don't think people who change their numbers are of lower intelligence but I do think they're equal to those people who go through the trouble of changing their phone number and being stuck with a single phone carrier because of it. Interpret that as you wish. ;)

-KuJoe

I don't believe google voice is an option for us Brits yet, or not as you yanks have it anyway ?

Your response does add another variable though to the discussion which I hadn't considered ?

Back on topic though, again the uk, unfortunately if you want to use a mobile phone, you have to subscribe either to a monthly plan or use a payasyougo service.

I find it frustrating that people in this country switch providers and just take whatever number they are given.  Not realising that all of their contacts new or old have to be informed of said change.  I should have added another pole which states, are people who switch their numbers inconsiderate a-holes ? 

What about people who want a number change to prevent unwanted calls they may have got on their old number?

This question is of low intelligence. There are reasons for doing it. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 5/31/2019 at 12:01 PM, KuJoe said:

I personally think that anybody who has their primary number attached to a cell phone plan is asking for trouble,

What about us that Cell Phones is are only line of communication? My family hasnt had home phone in like 5 years. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

What about us that Cell Phones is are only line of communication? My family hasnt had home phone in like 5 years. 

Read the rest of my post. :)

-KuJoe

On 5/31/2019 at 11:50 AM, Graham Carter said:

Question is simple...

"Generally", are people who switch their mobile phone number of a lower intelligence?  

Yeah, we're not going there.

* Thread locked *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !