people who cracks nuts with sledgehammers

zassou

when you see those people who are using their stuff in such wasteful way, that you can't help feeling bad for them, spent so much, use so little.

what's your take on this?

mine:

i know a bunch of people who bought very big tv (>50 inch) after they moved in new places, but only watch local broadcast in blurry standard definition and a 4:3 aspect ratio. i would guess they would have no problem continue to watch analogue tv if they weren't switch to digital years ago.

loud, boxy and noisy off-road vehicles, like land rover defender, mercerdes g-wagon, hummer, jeep wrangler etc. lots of people buy these supposedly manly, hardcore, thoroughbred adventure machines to do everyday grocery run, never set their knobby tyres on dirt. sometimes even stick all kinds of stupid stickers on the body, like sponsor logos, off-road maps, some kind of probably-non-exitence off-road club.

it reminds me of that joke, the bigger your car is, the less testosterone you have.

and some people who bought a smartphone with a size of a cutting board, yet they watch youtube / netflix in portrait mode only.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

My brother has a defender, I've never known another car so simultaneously awesome and rubbish. He has, to be fair, done some light off roading, and he does tow more than the average car can occasionally. Still it's abilities are largely wasted on him, but he loves it and it's his money.

Many of us on here have spent a huge amount on gaming PCs when a console could provide a similar experience for a fraction of the cost, but it's our money (children of rich generous parents excepted) and it makes us happy. You can't take your money with you when you die...

7 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

It's called "personal preferences"

I don't know if you understand the words together or not

Sometime it's just a greener choice.

I have been told to buy 4 cylinder car to save on gas so i bought two to save twice as much.

image.png.237837e76ad99f5fe8abe491f1339a2d.png

28 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

My brother has a defender, I've never known another car so simultaneously awesome and rubbish. He has, to be fair, done some light off roading, and he does tow more than the average car can occasionally. Still it's abilities are largely wasted on him, but he loves it and it's his money.

sometimes i think defenders are the brit's ford f150, a do-anyting car. less hillbilly, less ultitarian, but way better personal image than range rover.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

People will spend their time and money on what they wish to do, it is their freedom to do as such.

You can opine on it all you want but to waste time judging them for it is, well, your freedom to do also.

Ignore and move on, is my suggestion.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, zassou said:

it reminds me of that joke, the bigger your car is, the less testosterone you have

That's a myth spread by those that buy small cars to make their dicks look bigger by comparison.

/s

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, Velcade said:

I don't worry about other people.

I ❤️ you

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

I see stuff like that all the time. I know some people who have invested a lot in their kitchen but rarely use it. But, as @Glinch said, it is their money to waste.

2 hours ago, Franck said:

image.png.237837e76ad99f5fe8abe491f1339a2d.png

I see the shipping cover fad has made it's way up North.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Sometimes I use a big snipe to crack nuts

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

3 hours ago, Velcade said:

I see the shipping cover fad has made it's way up North.

First that's not mine. I got the B5 Blue and i do not have those shipping protector crap. But i can confirm some people keep them. I even have some in my muscle car facebook group that are actively looking for those parts lol.

12 hours ago, Franck said:

First that's not mine. I got the B5 Blue and i do not have those shipping protector crap. But i can confirm some people keep them. I even have some in my muscle car facebook group that are actively looking for those parts lol.

I really can’t help but laugh at people who keep the shipping protector tape on their Chargers and Challengers. It’s absolutely fucking hilarious once you notice it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I own an i9 Mac to use for word processing so that should tell you what I think.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:26 AM, zassou said:

when you see those people who are using their stuff in such wasteful way

Won´t be a problem if you are married because your wife takes care of it. Seen it with my friends

I crack nuts with my hands

on a completely unrelated note, I use linux

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*