Switch from 1050ti to rx580 but performance isn’t my better

Blurrr

Hey I switched out my 1050ti to a rx580 but my FPS isn’t any better like for example league of leagues stays around 60 FPS if it’s on low settings or ultra. I installed my new drivers without uninstalling the old one. But I uninstalled everything using DDU. And redownloaded the amd drivers. But no difference at all. I looked up on YouTube and I don’t get the FPS like everyone else. Even if we have the same specs

specs:

ryzen 2600

b450 msi tomahawk 

xfx rx580 8gb

16 gb ram 

cool master 1000w 80+ bronze   

something is seriously broken if you have 60fps in LoL. why didn't you uninstall the old drivers ? and why use DDU ?. what are your temperatures cpu/gpu ? have you installed all the drivers correctly for ur mobo etc ? 

Make sure you don't have any kind of FPS cap or VSync enabled.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

6 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

something is seriously broken if you have 60fps in LoL. why didn't you uninstall the old drivers ? and why use DDU ?. what are your temperatures cpu/gpu ? have you installed all the drivers correctly for ur mobo etc ? 

I’m not a computer guy so I didn’t know about doing that. And I read from a lot of places DDU is good for uninstalling

1 minute ago, Blurrr said:

I’m not a computer guy so I didn’t know about doing that. And I read from a lot of places DDU is good for uninstalling

ddu is fine for sure but its much easier to do it yourself that way you know that its working :P i don't trust 3rd party applications to make those sort of changes. as the other guys have pointed out and i didn't see was that its on 60 and not fluctuating. sounds like V-Sync is enabled 

6 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Make sure you don't have any kind of FPS cap or VSync enabled.

I checked the settings but no cap on FPS 

Just now, Blurrr said:

I checked the settings but no cap on FPS 

Nvidia control panel?

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

ddu is fine for sure but its much easier to do it yourself that way you know that its working :P i don't trust 3rd party applications to make those sort of changes. as the other guys have pointed out and i didn't see was that its on 60 and not fluctuating. sounds like V-Sync is enabled 

So what steps do I have to take to fix all this? Do I have to uninstall the drivers again or update mobo?

Just now, 2SidedPolygon said:

Nvidia control panel?

I don’t have Nvidia anymore I switched to amd 

Are you on windows 10? If so, make sure the Xbox app is not running in the background. It has had a very long history of locking the framerate of the PC to 60 FPS.

2 minutes ago, Blurrr said:

So what steps do I have to take to fix all this? Do I have to uninstall the drivers again or update mobo?

no ur fine if DDU did its thing. i doubt that you need to flash your bios that seems extreme. its most likely a cap somewhere since its 60fps all the time. ofc you could try to reinstall the drivers but if the setting is on by default that wont fix it. you just have to go snooping around in the usual places IE nvidia control panel/cataclyst or what AMD calls their control panel thing  

3 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Are you on windows 10? If so, make sure the Xbox app is not running in the background. It has had a very long history of locking the framerate of the PC to 60 FPS.

Yes I’m on windows 10 how would I do that? 

3 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

no ur fine if DDU did its thing. i doubt that you need to flash your bios that seems extreme. its most likely a cap somewhere since its 60fps all the time. ofc you could try to reinstall the drivers but if the setting is on by default that wont fix it. you just have to go snooping around in the usual places IE nvidia control panel/cataclyst or what AMD calls their control panel thing  

I’ll give it a try when I get home 

Just now, Blurrr said:

also turn off gamebar game mode and captures ( background recording ) 

Go into task manager by hitting ctrl alt delete and look through apps that are currently running. Look for Xbox and kill it if it is running, then disable the app through settings which can be accessed by going to the start menu.

9 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Go into task manager by hitting ctrl alt delete and look through apps that are currently running. Look for Xbox and kill it if it is running, then disable the app through settings which can be accessed by going to the start menu.

Thanks guys imma try these if they work any more settings I should change? 

You should also try some different games or benchmarks. Maybe it's just LoL that's acting up.

Just now, Blurrr said:

Check the Xbox thing first, if that isn't the issue, run the DDU utility and reinstall the AMD drivers.

i mean there's like 1000 things you should turn off in win10 but no if you turn off those you should be golden. 

try running a benchmark just for good measure might just be LoL thats doing its thing and being weird 

24 minutes ago, Blurrr said:

I don’t have Nvidia anymore I switched to amd 

Oh, silly me. I have an Nvidia laptop so that's just my first instinct. What about the AMD equivalent?

6 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Check the Xbox thing first, if that isn't the issue, run the DDU utility and reinstall the AMD drivers.

Thanks for the help guys will turn those settings off. When I uninstall my drivers again do I have to do the Nvidia and AMD uninstall? Where can I go to download the drivers for rx580 maybe I’m just downloading the wrong . Really appreciate the help 

2 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Oh, silly me. I have an Nvidia laptop so that's just my first instinct. What about the AMD equivalent?

It’s called radeon settings but I haven’t messed around with it yet but will try when I get home 

Thanks for the help guys will turn those settings off. When I uninstall my drivers again do I have to do the Nvidia and AMD uninstall? Where can I go to download the drivers for rx580 maybe I’m just downloading the wrong . Really appreciate the help 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

if you have already ran the DDU for uninstalling the nvidia ones you're good. i have no idea if amd have the clean install feature that nvidia has but im guessing they do under custom install when you run the installer . 

Thanks man imma give it a try and get back to you guys