Huawei's packages allegedly diverted by FedEx

YoloSwag

Reported by Reuters and Fudzilla  -

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Chinese telecoms equipment maker Huawei is reviewing its relationship with FedEx Corp after it claimed the U.S. package delivery company, without detailed explanation, diverted two parcels destined for Huawei addresses in Asia to the United States and attempted to reroute two others.

Huawei told Reuters on Friday that FedEx diverted two packages sent from Japan and addressed to Huawei in China to the United States, and attempted to divert two more packages sent from Vietnam to Huawei offices elsewhere in Asia, all without authorization, providing images of FedEx tracking records.

Reuters could not verify the authenticity of the records. Shown the images of the tracking records, FedEx declined to make any comment, saying company policy prevented it from disclosing customer information. 

It's either an expensive logistics problem (sending mail intended to be sent to Asia from Asia but rerouting it to the U.S. first) or something more.

The two packages originating from Hanoi on 17 May, destined for Huawei’s Hong Kong and Singapore offices, were held up after arriving in local FedEx stations in Hong Kong and Singapore on 21 May for “delivery exception”.

According to FedEx’s website, the status “exception” means an unexpected event is preventing delivery of a package, for example, a customs delay, a holiday, or no one being available to accept delivery. FedEx declined to give details on what the exception was in this case.

According to Huawei, a FedEx customer service representative in Vietnam replied to their inquiry on May 22 when two expected packages did not arrive on time, saying: “Please be informed that FDX SG received notification from FDX US to hold and return the package to US. Hence, the shipment is not deliver to consignee and now being hold at FDX station and under process to RTS it (return to sender),” the representative wrote in broken English, according to an email Huawei showed to Reuters.

Tin foil hat discretion is advised.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

could be an administrative shipping mishap happening at the worst time possible ._. iunno

hehe, it's funny this is happening at this time in the trade wars.

Also, there were two other packages supposed to be taken to the U.S.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

The plot thickens. Wonder if I can go for the "worlds longest time eating popcorn while a president attacks a" private" company " lol

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Just now, VegetableStu said:

i vaguely remember someone (posted in an imageboard i think) who had their online order nightmare travelling the the wrong continent entirely, so if has any weight to being through I'd say this one could be a fairly possible possibility

Yeah but this seems a little too convenient. Huawei's packages redirecting to the US at this point in time? Hmmmmm...... Or someone at FedEx is feeling very troll-like atm and needed a good giggle. 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

7 minutes ago, Deli said:

All out trade war. I love it.

This response might be a little out of topic but...

Huawei could work together with other Asian mobile communication companies and manufacturers then form like an alliance making its own app store and an even better OS.

Huawei does have the tech but they lack the fabs. Getting a giant like Samsung to even work with them on some level would be huge.

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i vaguely remember someone (posted in an imageboard i think) who had their online order nightmare travelling through the wrong continent entirely, so if has any weight to being through I'd say this one could be a fairly possible possibility

Was it shipped to Australia when it was supposed to be shipped to Austria? lol just kidding.

All jokes aside this is a possibility since I too have heard horror stories from U.S. based shipping companies.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

and now for a story of Six Degrees of Nuclear Annihilation...

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
And it can't be outfought
It can't be outdone
It can't outmatched
It can't be outrun
No

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

This response might be a little out of topic but...

Huawei could work together with other Asian mobile communication companies and manufacturers then form like an alliance making its own app store and an even better OS.

Huawei does have the tech but they lack the fabs. Getting a giant like Samsung would be huge.

Trump uses Huawei as bargaining chip for trade negotiation. i'm sure China will have its counter measures. Once China and the US sign a trade agreement. Likely Huawei will pay a fine and this and that. it'll be business as usual afterwards for the most part.

2 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

I would say Huawei should spit in the face of the US if such a fine was placed on them.

ZTE will be a good example.

5 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

I don't think I understand your post.

I mean how ZTE eventually settles with the US government.

There is rarely, if ever, something called Coincidence.  Especially when talking about subterfuge.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Once I had order some computer parts for a new build, triple check my shipping address was correct and placed the order. Then I began a close tracking of it, first 2 days, everything was smooth, on the 3rd day, I noticed the shipping address has changed. Called them immediately to change it back and they did. Got my stuffs and was able to do my build. I'm not saying who that carrier was. As Fedex not knowing why Huawei packages are getting diverted, someone knows exactly what's going on.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Happens quite frequently, could be entirely coincidental. I work for a UPS depot in the UK and we get quite a few miss routed packages per day, not uncommon to see a US ground service package get miss-routed all the way over to here.

6 hours ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

Happens quite frequently, could be entirely coincidental. I work for a UPS depot in the UK and we get quite a few miss routed packages per day, not uncommon to see a US ground service package get miss-routed all the way over to here.

But that's way off the course. I wonder how could they mis-route these packages to an entirely different contenient...and twice...

On 5/29/2019 at 3:55 AM, YoloSwag said:

Tin foil hat discretion is advised.

They didn't get premium shipping. It's still got to go through Atlanta. 

I'm not surprised this could happen. Fedex has had one of my packages that is supposed to be sent from West Coast Canada to the East Coast but ended up detouring all the way up to Alaska for some reason before arriving at some US state then back to Canada.

18 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Yeah, this totally isn't suspect at all ...

I like how you said that with your profile picture lol

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

They should have used USPS instead

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

2 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

They should have used USPS instead

Or a non US one. I'm not even sure why you wold even use FedEx if the sending and receiving addresses aren't even remotely close to the US either. Is FedEx that cheap?

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

Still better than straight up war.

Hopefully it will be short, less than two years.