Opening the forum makes my wireless headphones think there will be sound

selecadm

Every time I open or reload this forum, JBL T450BT headphones make me listen to white noise. It lasts for 30 seconds. Muting all forum tabs doesn't help. DAE have this problem?

I have this problem with my Sennheiser 4.40. It's annoying lol, especially when browsing in a quiet environment and that's the only noise.

I'm not sure what causes it, but maybe @colonel_mortis does.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Browser related maybe? Have you tried with other browsers? At one point some browsers counted ads as video playing audio (speaker icon in tab).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The forum uses a library for handling the sounds, and I think one of the things that it does is make the browser preload the notification sound by telling it to play it then stopping it straight away when it's loaded. This then allows the notification sound to work properly later on. I'm not 100% sure about that though, and muting the forum tab ought to fix that. It's strange that your headphones would play white noise after the forum plays a split second of sound though - is that normal?

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

The forum uses a library for handling the sounds, and I think one of the things that it does is make the browser preload the notification sound by telling it to play it then stopping it straight away when it's loaded. This then allows the notification sound to work properly later on. I'm not 100% sure about that though, and muting the forum tab ought to fix that. It's strange that your headphones would play white noise after the forum plays a split second of sound though - is that normal?

I'm going to guess it is because as I said above, my headphones do the same thing. It also happens with other apps and sometimes notification sounds.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

11 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Just checked. It happens in Firefox 56, but not in Internet Explorer.