Switching from watercooled 1080ti sli to 2080 ti

zbryant91
15 minutes ago, zbryant91 said:

Not at 165hz... even the 2080ti will struggle with that in most games. Relying on Gsync to pick up the slack. 

anything above 90FPS is buttery smooth on Gsync monitors...i know i use one.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

23 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

anything above 90FPS is buttery smooth on Gsync monitors...i know i use one.

Thanks for the suggestion. I still want to upgrade while my old cards have some value and I’m in a position to do so.

I understand it’s an unnecessary upgrade but it’s a hobby and I enjoy the changes and building. 

Setup: 8700k - Asus Maximus Formula X - EVGA XCII 2080ti - 2x16GB ddr4 3000 - EVGA G3 1000w - Carbon Cablemod Cables- Custom EKWB cooling loop - phanteks enthoo luxe 2

36 minutes ago, zbryant91 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I still want to upgrade while my old cards have some value and I’m in a position to do so.

I understand it’s an unnecessary upgrade but it’s a hobby and I enjoy the changes and building. 

i get your point, i like upgrades too, but there has to be something WORTHY of an upgrade...2080ti is barely 20% faster than 1080ti...

If you sell one card for now and get into VR instead you open a whole new world of gaming to yourself and it's amazing...and again there a single 1080ti is more than enough...and when nvidia launch next gen cards which hopefuly will be a worthy upgrade to a 1080ti you'll upgrade :)

Just saying, but that's what i would do personally.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

19 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

That's pretty warm man.  My FTW3 Hydrocopper does not hit 50c even while stress testing.  This is after 20+ minutes running maxed out Superpostion averaging 346w....

Not really,  Your using a block in a custom loop.   I'm using a glorified AIO running in a hot room on silent.  That said it rarely over goes over 54 unless its a certain game or framerates are over 200 or something crazy

2 hours ago, Gullerback said:

Not really,  Your using a block in a custom loop.   I'm using a glorified AIO running in a hot room on silent.  That said it rarely over goes over 54 unless its a certain game or framerates are over 200 or something crazy

Wait, I thought you had the Gigabyte Waterforce card that came with a block installed for custom water.  I am pretty sure that is what @zbryant91 was wanting information on.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Well, I pulled the trigger on the EVGA xc2 ultra with the standard ek vector block. Decided not to fool with the potential fitment issues on the waterforce card. Hoping everything shows up before the weekend so I can do some tinkering 

Setup: 8700k - Asus Maximus Formula X - EVGA XCII 2080ti - 2x16GB ddr4 3000 - EVGA G3 1000w - Carbon Cablemod Cables- Custom EKWB cooling loop - phanteks enthoo luxe 2

10 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

Wait, I thought you had the Gigabyte Waterforce card that came with a block installed for custom water.  I am pretty sure that is what @zbryant91 was wanting information on.

theres a block version and a AIO version, I typed out the AIO version.  Tho I can easily see how you'd mistake it for that its not very clear at all

9 hours ago, Gullerback said:

theres a block version and a AIO version, I typed out the AIO version.  Tho I can easily see how you'd mistake it for that its not very clear at all

I definitely assumed that you had the block version. Now I understand your comment about the soft tubing. Thanks for the clarification.